Thanks For Coming To My Show...ladies (fr) (2/5)

This is a really weird move. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do. If the flop comes with an A or K, it's an obvious fold. If it comes with anything else, I'd ask him if he wants me to call. Base your reactions off of that and how happy/unhappy he looked when he saw the flop.Yesterday, I was in the process of calling a guy down with 2nd pair in a raised 5-way pot. I check-called the flop and turn and after everything missed on the river, I checked and he bet. I asked if he wanted to be called and he just sat there and didn't say anything. He got called pretty quickly.Talk to him and see what is going on. I'd probably lean towards calling this if you have an overpair though becuase with AA it doesn't make sense since it'll never see an overcard so there'd be no harm in seeing the flop THEN pushing. I guess KK would do this, figuring he doesn't want to be frozen by an A on the flop. I guess for the same reason, AK would play this way too becuase he doesn't want to make any more decisions. I think that it's probably 50/50 AK or KK and if you don't see an overcard, then I'd call becuase the 2-1 odds that you're getting.

So the flop comes KKT. I briefly mull outloud, "Well, I guess I can't beat anything anymore. If you've got AQ, nice play (I didn't seriously think he'd have AQ)...I fold," and mucked face-up. I guess he thought I'd called, cause he proudly flipped over AK and seemed confused as I told him (along with support from others) that I'd folded.

So the flop comes KKT. I briefly mull outloud, "Well, I guess I can't beat anything anymore. If you've got AQ, nice play (I didn't seriously think he'd have AQ)...I fold," and mucked face-up. I guess he thought I'd called, cause he proudly flipped over AK and seemed confused as I told him (along with support from others) that I'd folded.
Read above as I pat myself on the back :)Seriously though, I think his bet in the dark really polarizes his hand to KK or AK and helps you act accordingly once the cards come out. I think you played the hand 100% correctly here. It's nice that the results back that up.