i had no outs(basically) and i still won

this is the one and ONLY time where ive gotten lucky, i was beat preflop, flop, turn but won on the river, im playing in a $30 sng, about 5 players left, im 2nd to last in chips, i get JJ, raise around 4/7 of my chips, one caller. worst flop ever, K,Q, x. knowing he has me beat i check, he puts me all-in, this is the one time ive ever used my time bank on PP, after much deliberation knowing he has me beat, but since it was worth the pot, i call, he turns over KK. im thinking to myself, time to play another tourney, turn is A, river is 10....im jumping up and down and hes prolly kicking himself and the computer...a jack wouldnt have even helped me but i get a perfect runner runner straight, but this is the 1 in a milllion times where i actually win, (usually i have KK 99.8% of the time), just wanted to share my lil hand with you all

this is the one and ONLY time where ive gotten lucky
haha, I'm sorry, I just read up to here and had to say, "Are you serious?"
yes one and only time, all my AJ gets busted by A7 or A8, everyhand, no joke :twisted:
yes one and only time, all my AJ gets busted by A7 or A8, everyhand, no joke :twisted:
How many hand of poker have you played to NEVER get lucky??
well blinds were like 200-400, i woulda had like 900 left

You played the hand really funky. You raised over half your stack pre-flop? Why not just go all in? And then, if you are going to call all your chips off anyway, you then should have just moved all in on the flop yourself instead of check.I'm stumped. I just don't understand this hand at all.

You played the hand really funky.  You raised over half your stack pre-flop? Why not just go all in? And then, if you are going to call all your chips off anyway, you then should have just moved all in on the flop yourself instead of check.I'm stumped.  I just don't understand this hand at all.
yea i know it was a weird hand, it was in the morning and no sleep and all poker make sam(me) boring, trust me, if u saw all the hands ive played and bad beats that have happened to me you would understand, i know you only get bad beats once in a while, but its like one person out there always gets lucky and i take his bad beats for him,
I think that answered my question, right there.
You played the hand really funky.  You raised over half your stack pre-flop? Why not just go all in? And then, if you are going to call all your chips off anyway, you then should have just moved all in on the flop yourself instead of check.I'm stumped.  I just don't understand this hand at all.
yea i know it was a weird hand, it was in the morning and no sleep and all poker make sam(me) boring, trust me, if u saw all the hands ive played and bad beats that have happened to me you would understand, i know you only get bad beats once in a while, but its like one person out there always gets lucky and i take his bad beats for him,
Oh no, the bad beat you gave to the guy isn't that big a deal. They happen. I'm just confused of how you played the hand. Raising that amount pre-flop is only okay, I repeat, only okay, if you move in on the flop no matter what hits. If you can't summon up the courage to push on that flop with your hand after putting that much of your stack in, you just push pre-flop. But meh, whatever. Nice hand.
Wait. What?
Yea...that's what I was wondering...but I didn't ask...
Have you ever gotten lucky, fryer?EDIT: Playing poker! You dirty minded bastard.
One time, this hooker only charged me $2, instead of $5, cause I gave her 2 cigs....THAT was lucky...Er, I mean....no, I'm ALWAYS ahead going to the flop!! [sw]

I remember this one home game with my friends. We were eating those miniature hot dogs (pigs in a blanket, if you will). Right before one hand, my firend told me that he had eaten the last of the mini hot dogs out of the microwave-oven. On the button i was dealt Qh 4d I folded and went to the kitchen, where I found one more mini hot dog in the microwave-oven! Turns out my friend was wrong and I was lucky.

I remember this one home game with my friends.  We were eating those miniature hot dogs (pigs in a blanket, if you will).  Right before one hand, my firend told me that he had eaten the last of the mini hot dogs out of the microwave-oven.  On the button i was dealt Qh 4d  I folded and went to the kitchen, where I found one more mini hot dog in the microwave-oven!  Turns out my friend was wrong and I was lucky.
That's just a dumb story.And I laughed my arse off to it!! :club: I haven't had those in a while. Now you got me craving them!!
no, I'm ALWAYS ahead going to the flop!!
me, too. If you're aren't, you're just a horrible player, imo.
Amen to that, but all I can think about are PIGS IN A BLANKET!!
Wait. What?
i was answering the guy who asked the question be4, he asked something about the pot and the amount i had left
Have you ever gotten lucky, fryer?EDIT: Playing poker! You dirty minded bastard.
One time, this hooker only charged me $2, instead of $5, cause I gave her 2 cigs....THAT was lucky...Er, I mean....no, I'm ALWAYS ahead going to the flop!! [sw]
Yeah I always like getting some head too
Cry me a river.P.S. Gimme a break. People don't take bad beats only "once in awhile," it's part of the game and it happens all the time. You sound like an extremely inexperienced player to me.