50NLeffective 50Hero=44on buttonVillain is SB. Folds to Hero, hero calls, SB raises to 2.50, folds to Hero, Hero calls.Standard raise. My immediate range here is a decent hand, AK, AQ, AA-10s, sometimes 9s-7s. Flop 4d 8h QdVillain checks, Hero checksOk, this was a bit odd. I was prepared to raise him here if he bet, but his check is weird. At this level its either a big hand or no hand.Turn 9cVillain checks, Hero bets 3, Villain raises 8, Hero calls.This was odd as well. I don't think he has AA or KK, because I fully expected a bet on this board, especially since he's OOP. He could just be terrible. I didn't re raise here either, because I let one card come off for free, so he could've conceivably caught up.River 9dGin card right? Villain bets 10. Hero calls?My "read" was QQ. But at this level, should I just be putting it in anyways?

I'm not sure why you didn't bet this flop. I think you would have been able to get some good information there, and you don't want to see another diamond on the turn.Now he can have 99, QQ, or 88 and all of those would have you crushed. But his actions can also be a tricky flush draw. I think the only hand that will pay off your raise would be a flush. Any other hand that you raise into will have you beat. Unfortunately, the way that this was played, I think flat-call is the move. On second thought, a straight might pay you off. He might have checked the flop with J10 and got his gutshot on the turn. But how often does J10 raise from the small blind after the button limps? Not often.Summary: flat-call I think is the best given that you didn't bet the flop.Also: Jessica Alba is teh hot.

Raise to $30 and call a push. The straight got there. The flush got there. If he has QQ, then shake his hand. If he has JT, T9, 9x, AA, KK, or a flush he's gonna have a hard time folding at this level.This is why you have a bankroll, so that you can afford to lose cooler hands if this is one. I think there are too many hands that will pay you off here for you not to raise. Also, there's no way he could ever suspect that you have a full house here, so that makes his calling range even wider.

Raise to $30 and call a push. The straight got there. The flush got there. If he has QQ, then shake his hand. If he has JT, T9, 9x, AA, KK, or a flush he's gonna have a hard time folding at this level.This is why you have a bankroll, so that you can afford to lose cooler hands if this is one. I think there are too many hands that will pay you off here for you not to raise. Also, there's no way he could ever suspect that you have a full house here, so that makes his calling range even wider.
Oh good point. I learn something every day. Also: Jessica Alba is teh hot.
If he had AA or KK at this level, he wouldn't check the flop... Flush draw and straight possibilites out there.. Doesn't make sense to check AA or KK, especially at this level..I'm still with Acid on this one, you gotta raise and call a push, however I wouldn't fault you for just flat calling..
agreed.. the only hand I would worry about in this situation is QQ or 99 which would be sickening but I would raise his river bet, it stinks of an over pair to me..

Villain had QQ as I suspected. I almost always try to get my chips in here, but my spidey sense was tingling. Glad it did too. NL 50 players are so predictable

Villain had QQ as I suspected. I almost always try to get my chips in here, but my spidey sense was tingling. Glad it did too. NL 50 players are so predictable
You lucked out. Better to be lucky than good. But you're both morons for not getting more $$$$$$ in on the flop.
You lucked out. Better to be lucky than good. But you're both morons for not getting more $$$$$$ in on the flop.
while I agree that it'd be moronic to do this on a regular basis, you have to go with your reads. I trust myself enough to go with them, and of course it doesnt translate into a strategy post, because, hey the proper strat here is get it in. There was a great article on 2+2 talking about reads. You should check it out.