official wpt championship thread day 2

I am trying to think up a small list of the notable players going at it today.Daniel NegreanuErick LindgrenScott FischmanJohnny ChanDavid WilliamsJennifer HarmanDavid PhamTed Forrestplease feel free to include any obvious ommissions

Remember, Daniel, if you do not raise with Krablar you will not win with Krablar.In all seriousness, good luck this week. I'm looking forward to seeing you in the winner's circle (or the poker equivalent).

Hahaha, Orient Express is pulling out all the stops!The first player of the day has already been eliminated. Johnny Bax was pleased to find himself seated at a table without any top professionals, until Johnny Chan took a seat a dozen or so hands in. Bax looked down a few hands later to find pocket kings, and made a standard raise of $400. Johnny Chan raised him to $1,500, and Bax called. The flop came 9-5-3 rainbow, Bax checked, Chan bet $2,000, and Bax called. The turn card was a 2, and again Bax checked. Johnny Chan put $13,000 in the pot, and then tried to pull $8,000 back, saying he misread the colors through his sunglasses. Bax wanted the bet to stand, and the floor was called over to rule that all $13,000 had to stay in the pot. At that point, Bax pushed all in, and Johnny Chan called immediately with pocket aces. The river was a blank, and Chan doubled up while Bax was sent home as the first elimination of the day.We'll go ahead and call Johnny Chan the early chip leader, with roughly $100,000 in chips.I'd put good money on the fact that he really wanted all his 13k in there :club: Sneaky orange sniffer!

Daniel just gave me a call and wanted me to update yall... Daniel has $55,050 after the first break and said that he has a great table and is on the top of his game...(dont yall feel sorry for his opponents... i bet daniel is playing 70% of the pots... and ill tell ya, he is tough to play flops with.. david williams said it best at the Borgata show when he called daniel "Flopmasta"erick called me about 30 minutes into the tournament and told me he is up to about $80,000... he picked up AA and someone brought in a raise of $350, erick made it 1200, the guy reraises to $5k... erick raises it 12k more, his opponent called... WTF!!!!! why couldnt this guy be at my table.... the flop was 558, erick bets 13k and was called, then moves in on the turn and the guy folded...once again WTF!!??!?!?!?! what could he have had??? ok... back with more updates laterJosh A

Thanks for the update Josh. Also of note, Marcel Luske is down to $4,000 after butting heads with Paul Darpino, both going all in on a king high flop, Darpino's set cracked Luske's pocket AA.Shock

here's the latest from CardPlayer.com1. Daniel Negreanu - $56,0002. Matt Russell - $53,0003. Michael Hauptman - $45,0004. Leonardo Fernandez - $51,0005. Kaelaine Minton - $51,0006. Jennifer Harman - $44,0007. James Keith - $52,0008. Nicholas Gonzalez - $48,0009. Ron Livingston - $48,00010. Mike Gracz - $52,000"The players in seats 8 and 9 have not shown up. We're assuming that Nicholas Gonzalez (seat 8) is the actor from the hit TV show, "The O.C." and Ron Livingston is another actor from "Sex & the City" and "Office Space."'Shock

Daniel was down to $36,000 then doubled up to $72k as level two comes to a close. I am updating for Josh since he is enjoying the Las Vegas weather out at Bear's Best Golf Course.Back with a Lindgren update soon.