I'm rewatching friends from the start at vidxite.com and for some reason I think it's a lot funnier than when I watched it origianaly. I mean I know the jokes are kind of genaric and it's sort of a run of the mill sitcom but I find myself laughing really hard. I don't know maybe it's because most of the stuff on tv these days is crap. I was just wondering what other people think about this show. :club:

first off I think you're half assedly trying to spam this website you use. But, more importantly, do you even watch TV today? are you seriously going to make me list shows currently on that are good.Off the top of my head....The Office, Heroes, 24, House, Lost, Law and Order Franchise, Monk, Psych, The Shield, The Wire, Tyler Perry's House of Payne , Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, South Park.I would contend we have more "great" shows on today than any time I can think of. No, not all the shows I listed are "great" but quite a few of them are. Also, yes, there is more crap on today because there are a jazillion channels.p.s. one of the shows in my list was a joke

first off I think you're half assedly trying to spam this website you use. But, more importantly, do you even watch TV today? are you seriously going to make me list shows currently on that are good.Off the top of my head....The Office, Heroes, 24, House, Lost, Law and Order Franchise, Monk, Psych, The Shield, The Wire, Tyler Perry's House of Payne , Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, South Park.I would contend we have more "great" shows on today than any time I can think of. No, not all the shows I listed are "great" but quite a few of them are. Also, yes, there is more crap on today because there are a jazillion channels.p.s. one of the shows in my list was a joke
ok so i like the office, lost, the sopranos and south park but i still think that there are generaly less good shows out there today. Like especially the average sitcom, I think they were all just a bit better back in the day. I think we all have adapted to the crappy shows that are on tv these days. Exept for a hand full of shows.
ok so i like the office, lost, the sopranos and south park but i still think that there are generaly less good shows out there today. Like especially the average sitcom, I think they were all just a bit better back in the day. I think we all have adapted to the crappy shows that are on tv these days. Exept for a hand full of shows.
if you're expecting good tv from sitcoms .......anyway just watch some of the shows I listed there. especially the wire, house, the shield, and curb your enthusiasm
I was thinking I had it all wrong, and was on my way to bittorrent, before I finished.Good list (though I hate L&O).
I was thinking I had it all wrong, and was on my way to bittorrent, before I finished.Good list (though I hate L&O).
thanks. the way they've been promoting that new show, I feel like I did when Avery Johnson was telling the reporters that all the pressure was on Golden State going to Oakland for game 6
thanks. the way they've been promoting that new show, I feel like I did when Avery Johnson was telling the reporters that all the pressure was on Golden State going to Oakland for game 6
nicely done, the minute I read that, I was gonna write you off for good. I was falling for you, now I can still feel good about myself and embrace my feelings.
if you're expecting good tv from sitcoms .......anyway just watch some of the shows I listed there. especially the wire, house, the shield, and curb your enthusiasm
I miss good sitcoms man like seinfeld, frasier, 3rd rock from the sun, Everybody loves raymond, malcolm in the middle, Futurama, arrested developement, king of the hill (when it was still great). I think that what is happening is that the writers from good shows seem to move on too quickly and it leaves a gap in the shows these days. Especially when a show gets big the networks slim down the casts and writting staff and it becomes a bare bones crapfest. The Drew Carey show is my best example. They took out most of the cast until it was just drew oswalt and lewis with like 3 or 4 sets, it was so bad. They did the same with that 70's show. They got rid of kelso and eric chopped out most of the good writers and brought in some low cost idiot.I know compared to the shows i've listed friends is crap but compared to two and a half men, my name is earl, the new adventures of old christine, the class, according to jim, notes from the underbelly and rules of engagement friends is a Godsend.
Are you kidding.The Office - Stop turning good movies into RETARDED TV showsHeroes - Fuc,king stupic24 - Never watched itHouse - get that sh!t off the air FASTLost - very good showLaw and Order - Way over playedMonk - Fuc.king moronic tv showPsych - never heard of itThe Shield - Way over hypedThe wire - Cant believe its on the airTyler Perrys House of Payne - Someone will soon be fired for putting that shi.t on the airSopranos - Fu.cking GREAT. They need to get the shows out faster thoughCurb your enthusiasm - never watched itSouth Park - Dumb. Same old sh!tNow I'm not saying that Friends was a GREAT show, but it was better than more than half the shows on your list
Are you kidding.The Office - Stop turning good movies into RETARDED TV showsHeroes - Fuc,king stupic24 - Never watched itHouse - get that sh!t off the air FASTLost - very good showLaw and Order - Way over playedMonk - Fuc.king moronic tv showPsych - never heard of itThe Shield - Way over hypedThe wire - Cant believe its on the airTyler Perrys House of Payne - Someone will soon be fired for putting that shi.t on the airSopranos - Fu.cking GREAT. They need to get the shows out faster thoughCurb your enthusiasm - never watched itSouth Park - Dumb. Same old sh!tNow I'm not saying that Friends was a GREAT show, but it was better than more than half the shows on your list
well...at least you're a happy person...
nicely done, the minute I read that, I was gonna write you off for good. I was falling for you, now I can still feel good about myself and embrace my feelings.
I'm slightly confused. Do you want to sex me?Yes ___ No ___ Maybe ___
Are you kidding.The Office - Stop turning good movies into RETARDED TV showsHeroes - Fuc,king stupic24 - Never watched it-You shouldHouse - get that sh!t off the air FAST +1Lost - very good show +1Law and Order - Way over played No opinionMonk - Fuc.king moronic tv show +1Psych - never heard of it-not goodThe Shield - Way over hyped+1The wire - Cant believe its on the air No opinionTyler Perrys House of Payne - Someone will soon be fired for putting that shi.t on the air+100000000000000000000000Sopranos - Fu.cking GREAT. They need to get the shows out faster though No opinionCurb your enthusiasm - never watched it You should-I only look forward to new episodes of 24 more than this South Park - Dumb. Same old sh!t +1
First comparing 1 hour dramas with a 1/2 hour sitcom is kind of moot, it's apples and oranges. Most 1 hour serialized dramas will always be better than a 1/2 hour sitcom that recycles jokes.The Office - isn't based on the movie, maybe you should you know... watch it before spouting off random stupidity. Heroes - 14+ million a week disagree, but I understand it's not for everyone. Still 1 hour drama > 1/2 hour sitcom.24 - One of the first hugely successful serialized dramas, it's falling off now but early on it was great. Lost - I've watched the first two seasons, I'm gonna call it overrated though it is good. The Wire - It's HBO, and its still underrated.Sopranos - I'm glad the last episode is in two days, the last 2-3 seasons have been fairly mediocre.Curb Your Enthusiasm - If you liked Stienfield you should watch itSouth Park - Up and down, but it has more moving social commentary and adult humor than Friends.All of the above, better than Friends... yep.
Curb Your Enthusiasm - If you liked Stienfield you should watch it
Even if you don't like Seinfeld I would recommend this. I think it is much better than Seinfeld. Larry David should have been Jerry Seinfeld and the series should have been called 'David.' It is so much funnier (maybe because it is on HBO and they can swear) but I love Larry's character better than any other sitcom character.

i own almost every season of friends and seinfeld and i think its funny how some of the plots from freinds are almost identical to some seinfeld episodes. anyways i obvioulsy love the show as i own lots of the seasons. and curb your enthusiasm is also very funny and own most of the seasons of that show as well.

i own almost every season of friends and seinfeld and i think its funny how some of the plots from freinds are almost identical to some seinfeld episodes. anyways i obvioulsy love the show as i own lots of the seasons. and curb your enthusiasm is also very funny and own most of the seasons of that show as well.
These are pretty much my three favorite sitcoms. I also think its funny about the plots. But I think all sitcoms reuse the same plots. I do not like Home Improvement or Yes, Dear but they each have an episode about the men getting vesictomies (sp?) and they are pretty much the exact same show.
  • 2 weeks later...

When is the new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm? I need that show back on. I wish Larry David wasn't so lazy and did more episodes, but I guess if he wasn't who he is we wouldn't have Seinfeld or Curb...my two favorite shows of all-time.

When is the new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm? I need that show back on. I wish Larry David wasn't so lazy and did more episodes, but I guess if he wasn't who he is we wouldn't have Seinfeld or Curb...my two favorite shows of all-time.
September and I am so excited. I don't think he is lazy about doing episodes. He, like Seinfeld, wants to do what will be funny and he is not in it for the money. He could probably do a lot of crappy episodes are a couple of great ones. I am happy about the great ones because they are all fantastic.

For me Friends is all about Joey and Chandler, I mean them interacting was good, and how Joey's character developed over the years, obviously the show peaked around season 4.Then Monica just became a little bit more annoying each season, Rachael just set up funny lines for other people...and Matthew Perry...well he stopped doing coke...that hurt him. But the seasons when the friends really were friends outside the show, you could tell they had a really good chemistry and when the writing was still fresh and 'never been done' stuff. Past season 8 the highlight of the show was during the end credits when Joey tries to drink a Gallon of milk in like 10 second and it is just streaming down his face...man...if that's not funny...i dunno what is.

Why is everyone so down on House? I think it's great. There's nothing better than a good anti-hero. I love it despitethe formula plot.
Because all of the episodes have the exact same plot with just a different disease.
Because all of the episodes have the exact same plot with just a different disease.
you obviously don't watch enough of the show, or just dont get why these type of shows are goodit's not about plot. it's about characters. with great characters you can have almost any plot and still have a good show