why not start at $25 nl. you only need to average $35 a day without every having a losing day in two to three hours a day or roughly 150 hands a day (say 600 assuming you 4 table) which means running at 12 PTBB/100 to hit the 2k. you should be able to do that if you're patrick antonius.
FYPMy math may be a bit off but I think it's actually being pretty generous.
FYPMy math may be a bit off but I think it's actually being pretty generous.
you suck at poker if you can't beat $25 nl for an average of $35 a day. you should be making over $400 just from rakeback 4 tabling 3 hours a day for 60 days. i am deadly serious too about sucking at poker if you can't beat $25 nl.
I'm going travelling in India in August for a couple of months and about $2000 would come in really handy. From say an initial deposit of $300, would it be entirely unrealistic to turn this into 2k by Mid August playing 50NL perhaps some 100NL nearer the time? If I aim for increasing the bankroll by 3.5% every day, that would work fine. I'm going to play about 2-3 hours a day. The alternative is to get a job, but I could really use the free time :)Opinions?Cheers
that's not unrealistic at all but you might go broke in the process. playing 50NL and 100NL and winning 1700 in a couple of months is a joke (assuming you're a winning player)
why would you go to India? There are cleaner countries to see. I've travelled a bit, and India is not a fav. China is much more interesting in my opinion. But, to each his own.
India is one of the most amazing places I have ever been. Dirty, yes, but totally unique and amazing. I am jealousyou are going, have a great trip and feel free to PM me if you have questions while planning your trip.
that's not unrealistic at all but you might go broke in the process. playing 50NL and 100NL and winning 1700 in a couple of months is a joke (assuming you're a winning player)
How do you mean? This should be ridiculously easy? I three tabled 25NL last night, and the roll now stands at 530 so I'm feeling confident.
feel free to PM me if you have questions while planning your trip.
Thanks a lot, much appreciated.
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Bankroll currently at $1000, so I've got $1000 left to make in 40 days. I've been playing solely .25/50 (2 tabling). I'll be due a $200 rakeback payment in August anyway, so really need to make $800. I did cash in the Daily Double A once for $140, which helped.

To tell you the truth buddy....it really depends on how good you are and if the cards are falling in your favour. On top of that...you could make that $2000 WAY faster than 60 days or when ever it is that you're going to India. I bought in for $300 on Stars one evening and after playing for about 22 hours over 2 days....I was up over $10,000!!! So....it is definitely possible for someone to generate that kind of money playing poker online. I play mostly on PokerRoom these days though because I find that Stars has a lot of unrealistic set up beats....but I can tell you for sure that it can be done.

To tell you the truth buddy....it really depends on how good you are and if the cards are falling in your favour. On top of that...you could make that $2000 WAY faster than 60 days or when ever it is that you're going to India. I bought in for $300 on Stars one evening and after playing for about 22 hours over 2 days....I was up over $10,000!!! So....it is definitely possible for someone to generate that kind of money playing poker online. I play mostly on PokerRoom these days though because I find that Stars has a lot of unrealistic set up beats....but I can tell you for sure that it can be done.
So you figured out Stars is rigged.. AFTER your $10,000 run?

Yeah, nice story lol, but I kind of didn't want that risk exposure. The plan was the have a pretty much guaranteed 2k, not a quick 'hope I get lucky at 5-10' over a few hours. Also, I can't take you seriously after the stars is rigged comment :club: