Hi everyone, I want to first introduce myself to FCP. I've been a lurker for the past 6 months or so and I have now decided to finally create an account.I play exclusively live poker in the LA area. This hand came up last weekend at The Bike $5-$5 blinds ($300-$500 buy-in) cash game.The table has about $9,000+ on it and has been very action packed. I was in the game for $1,000 total and I had $450 in front of me. I have a pretty tight image at the table.I was dealt Ad,8d in the BB and 3 players limped, the SB checked as did I. The flop comes 6d,5d,4d. The SB checks and I fire $25 at the pot. 1st limper mucks, 2nd limper with $250+/- in front of him calls and everyone else folds. This player has is a very loose, weak player that has been paying people off and making bad bets all night. Turn drops the 3d. I check hoping to induce action, and he fires $75. I elect to just call. The river drops a 3s. I check and he pushes. My read on him was that he was most likely holding something like Kd,10x or Kd,Qx. Obviously, he could be holding the 7d. I was not putting him on a set, because I didn't think he'd fire on that scary turn card with only a set. With it only being $175+/- left to call. I call and sure enough he flips over As,7d.So, do you think I played this hand correctly? Would it have been better to check raise him on the turn? Or, not pay off on that river card?

Welcome to the forum.You played the hand fine I think. You should not include results becuase they may skew people's opinions on the hand.When you flop a hand that big, you should try and get some more money into the pot and charge people who are drawing to a hand that will not be good when they make it.I'd raise the turn becuase if he has a straight (which he did) he may not fold it.

Welcome to the forum. I play at the Bike about 4-5 times a week. I'm usually at the 100, or 200 tables. I've been trying to grind up a bankroll the old fashioned way since I spent 5 grand on home furnishings and stuff this past winter. Anyway, you played the hand fine from what I can tell. Sometimes when I'm a short stack I don't mess around and just try to win the money on the turn with a hand just like this. Especially lately since I want to build up a roll. I know it can cut into my winnings, but it also cuts down variance, which is pretty important to me right now unfortunately.

Welcome to the forum, I'm pretty newly registered myself. I think you played the hand well. Nothing to do but pay the man off here. I don't see myself laying down the nut flush on a non-paired board ever.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Welcome to the forum, I'm pretty newly registered myself. I think you played the hand well. Nothing to do but pay the man off here. I don't see myself laying down the nut flush on a non-paired board ever.
The board did pair on the turn and river 3d, 3s. But again, I was pretty sure he didn't flop a set. It was more likely to me that he would have a flush (or straight flush) there rather then a boat, because of his bet on the turn.
Thanks for the welcomes.The board did pair on the turn and river 3d, 3s. But again, I was pretty sure he didn't flop a set. It was more likely to me that he would have a flush (or straight flush) there rather then a boat, because of his bet on the turn.
Whoops there I go again. I swear when it's all in text format I always misread the turn and 5th street.

I think you can get away from it but its fairly difficult. Because the board paired, you have some idea that the guy isn't messing around. He obviously has something. It is completely read dependent. If the guy has been a donk while you've been at the table, say, paying people off with bad flushes, then you have to call. But if he is tight and it seems he's not a donk, then it is easier to fold. That's why I talk to people a lot when I play live: you can get information on whether they know what the hell they're doing or not.