Poker StarsPot Limit Omaha TournamentBlinds: t25/t509 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t680UTG+1: t1090MP1: t1906MP2: t898MP3: t2604CO: t4365Button: t2585SB: t520Hero: t1952Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 2 :D 4 :D 4 :club: 8 :)2 folds, MP1 calls t50 (pot was t75), MP2 folds, MP3 calls t50 (pot was t125), CO raises to t100, Button calls t100 (pot was t275), SB calls t75 (pot was t375), Hero calls t50 (pot was t450), MP1 calls t50 (pot was t500), MP3 calls t50 (pot was t550).Flop: Q :D 8 :D 8 :) (t600, 6 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets t100, MP3 calls t100 (pot was t700), CO calls t100 (pot was t800), Button calls t100 (pot was t900), SB folds, Hero calls t100 (pot was t1000).Turn: K :) (t1100, 5 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets t1100, 3 folds, Hero folds.Uncalled bets: t1100 returned to MP1.Results:Final pot: t1100Like the fold?

what turn where you hoping for?
Not sure. Maybe a non spaded ace. Then a low card on the river.
Anyone else just want to fold preflop?
for a min raise. I may hit a wheel or something.
for a min raise. I may hit a wheel or something.
Or you may hit something crappy like this, and lose a chunk of your stack, granted we didn't lose a ton. Just throwing it out there.

you should probably just have folded this preflop. its not really a great hand. i know that you can flop something good, but you usually won't, and it is going to leave you paying off people with the second best hand way too often. now as far as that flop is concerned i would be annoyed to see that in your situation because you are in a nasty spot. with six players your kicker is a four and its likely that somebody else has an 8 also. another problem is that its going to be hard to do anything without committing yourself. i think if it checked to the CO and he bet then you could check raise the pot praying to win it right there or get it in against aces with a flush draw or even very overplayed aces. folding on the turn was probably a good idea. folding on the flop considering where the action came from was probably a better idea. --------as a more general little tidbit of advice don't make calls hoping for miracle cards unless you are getting a zillion to one pot odds or you're very deep and you know you will get payed off nicely. calling there because you might catch an ace and then make a runner runner low is not good. first off, in a six handed pot its a safe bet that if all the aces aren't gone three of them are. and second even if that was true you aren't getting odds to chase for something like that.

There is no shame in folding this pre-flop - especially as (1) there are a boatload of callers suggesting that the Aces are out and (2) the CO/Chip leader likes his hand enough to make a potbuilding/button stealing raise. If I was big chip leader, then I would probably call here.What bothers me more though is the consistency of your decision making after the flop - and you should only be playing this hand in this position if you can play well post-flop:On this flop I might do one of 3 things:1. Lead out with a pot-sized bet, folding to any re-raise and reevaluate on the turn if there is one.2. Check/fold3. Check/Re-raise the max when it gets back to me Now we can argue about the relative merits of these under different circumstances (especially relative stack sizes), but the one thing I would NEVER do is Check/Call......it is just throwing good chips after bad with little to no hope of winning in a multi-way pot.Harrington makes a good point in Vol 3 (iirc) about the hidden cost of loose defensive calls: If you spew chips here, then when you are in position (in 2 hands time) and double up, your spewing will have cost you 2* what you think it does.

If you are calling preflop, you probably should check/fold flop or do what cham said....anything but check/call. I like the argment about folding preflop too. You may flop decent occasionally, but never strong...and you're in a bad position.

agreed--i pot/fold this flop about 95% of the time. note: if you're c/cing this flop with your hand, you shouldn't be calling preflop.