Float The Flop, And Odds To Call A High

Full Tilt Poker $3 + $0.30 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t80/t160 Blinds - 5 players - View hand 963680DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterBB: t4420 27.62 BBsUTG: t12509 78.18 BBsCO: t5000 31.25 BBsHero (BTN): t8779 54.87 BBsSB: t3880 24.25 BBsPre Flop: (t240) Hero is BTN with J :qh A :D2 folds, Hero raises to t344, 1 fold, BB calls t184Flop: (t768) Q :5c Q :D 5 :D(2 players)BB bets t160, Hero calls t160Turn: (t1088) Q :club:(2 players)BB bets t160, Hero calls t160River: (t1408) 3 :ts(2 players)BB checks, Hero checksFinal Pot: t1408BB shows T :3h J :4h (three of a kind, Queens)Hero shows J :jh A :D (three of a kind, Queens)Hero wins t1408Btw, when i floated, i decided i was probably going to bluff the turn almost regardless of what it was. but the 3rd Q was interesting.

If he checks and you bet most turns and he folds...he folded the worst hand. On this turn more than any there is almost no way to get a better hand to fold.
good point. i just got sucked in that giving me 10:1 to call probably was weak and my A high was likely good
Whoa raising this turn would be awful. You played it fine rrsumey.
i mean a blank turn or a club would be a bluffable spot. assuming i dont hit anything.
If he checks and you bet most turns and he folds...he folded the worst hand. On this turn more than any there is almost no way to get a better hand to fold.
That doesn't necessarily mean we shouldn't bet or raise. If the villain folds 6-14 outs, that's a better turn result than him drawing to those outs for nothing.

Well if he bets he's charging himself.I'd prefer to call a bet or check back the turn and make a good decision on the river based on the cards that come out and the villains bet sizing if he leads. I think doing much else with this hand when you are only 28 BBs deep to start the hand is silly. There are plenty of other hands in your button raising range to turn into a bluff here.edit - I think betting a dry turn with the intention of checking back the river can be okay too.

Without any reads given, if you assume BB is competent he's very likely to have a small PP. Chip spew from the flop on imo.
No, calling here on two streets is fine. Players do such weird shit that folding here would be criminal.