I recently moved to 1/2 LHE and have been crushing the game. I am up 150 BB since the move and playing great poker. There has been one downswing of 30 BB, but have battled back with strong play. I am just wondering, if this trend continues and lifts me to a point to where my BR will sustain the next level, should I jump, or stay in the 1/2 for a while. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'd say at least take a shot at 2/4. If you decide that the game's too tough when you get up there, you can always go back down.Actually, I'd say there's a small enough difference between the levels, that if you have been "crushing" the 1/2 game as you say, you should be able to beat a 2/4 game no problem.

You didn't say how many hands you've been playing 1/2 for, but I'd probably stay for at least 10,000 hands or so. The way I play, that's only about 2 to 3 weeks.If it's variance, it might start to show up by that point, and you won't have at least the 300 BB for the next level.And if you're really still crushing the game (which will be more than 1.5 BB/100), then you'll have more than 300 BB to take a shot at 2/4, assuming you're willing to leave the bankroll in there.In which case, why not take the shot?

Its very late, so dont exoect much. I would suggest having a go of it. Understand that you might get beat back down, but its good experience, It doesnt mean you are a failure at poker if you dont succeed it just means you need work. You are probably on a nice upswing right now, but if you have a sustainable bankroll I would say take a shot and move back down if yourbankroll is put in danger. Most high lmit pros got to where they are by taking shots.

This has got to be one of the most common questions in limit poker, so if you don't like my advice, I am sure you can find many other people that have opinions on this. I would suggest to keep playing at the limit you are playing at right now for a little longer. You didn't mention how long you had been playing this limit. I find that sometimes I might be "running well" and when I try a higher limit I find that maybe it wasn't my game that had improved, but maybe I was just getting fortunate in a couple key spots. If you do decide to move up, I would suggest nothing drastic. I would try out 2/4 or maybe 3/6, but nothing higher. At the same time, I would continue to play 1/2 whenever you can't find a game or think that you might not be up to it at that time. There is nothing wrong with playing a game that you can kill. Saving that money could be very helpful to your bankroll in the future. At the same time, if you could do slightly better than half that well at 2/4 you would increase your income. If you play because you love the game, then try playing both 1/2 and 2/4 and ENJOY the times you run over the 1/2 game. If you are more concerned about your income, you might try out 2/4 a little earlier. I hope I was of some help.

This has got to be one of the most common questions in limit poker, so if you don't like my advice, I am sure you can find many other people that have opinions on this.  I would suggest to keep playing at the limit you are playing at right now for a little longer.  You didn't mention how long you had been playing this limit.  I find that sometimes I might be "running well" and when I try a higher limit I find that maybe it wasn't my game that had improved, but maybe I was just getting fortunate in a couple key spots.  If you do decide to move up, I would suggest nothing drastic.  I would try out 2/4 or maybe 3/6, but nothing higher.  At the same time, I would continue to play 1/2 whenever you can't find a game or think that you might not be up to it at that time.  There is nothing wrong with playing a game that you can kill.  Saving that money could be very helpful to your bankroll in the future.  At the same time, if you could do slightly better than half that well at 2/4 you would increase your income.  If you play because you love the game, then try playing both 1/2 and 2/4 and ENJOY the times you run over the 1/2 game.  If you are more concerned about your income, you might try out 2/4 a little earlier.  I hope I was of some help.
Thanks for this post. I really appreciate it. I have only played about 3,000 hands at 1/2. My question really wasn't whether to move up now as poor BR management is a leak I plugged awhile ago, my question was more along the lines of IF I get to my next BR level while I'm running good (As I know that I am) is it smarter to move up or stay where I am and get some experience at the level. All the advise given is appreciated and I think I will see how long the run last before jumping. I like the 1/2 game, and I also have to take into consideration that it has taken about 2,000 hands just to get comfortable betting twice as much. I don't want to be scared money at 2/4 or 3/6. Think I'll stay were I'm at for awhile, regardless of how far this run goes. Thanks again.