Full Tilt Earthquake Aid

Only 110 people in at the moment, starts at 8pm EST.$5 goes to Red Cross and Prize pool is matched by Full Tilt as well.
I understand there was a disaster, and giving money to the Red Cross is never a bad thing. But giving aid to China? I'm guessing that's the real reason for pause. New Orleans, the tsunami, darfur, and even the animal charities have good turnouts. I do the occasional Red Cross donation, and USO, but China is a world power and should(and will probably want) take care of this themselves.
I understand there was a disaster, and giving money to the Red Cross is never a bad thing. But giving aid to China? I'm guessing that's the real reason for pause. New Orleans, the tsunami, darfur, and even the animal charities have good turnouts. I do the occasional Red Cross donation, and USO, but China is a world power and should(and will probably want) take care of this themselves.
I understand what you're saying, but you're overlooking the "giveashit" factor. China is probably capable of taking care of it themselves, but they don't care enough to do it. Just like here, we're capable of taking care of every single stray, abused, and neglected dog... but not enough people care.
dude 50,000 people died, and its $5, not a big deal at all, every little bit helps.