Will This Play Work?

4/8 O8 with a half kill to 6/12. Previous hand was killed by me.Hero is in the CO with :D:club::D:) There is a complete donk on the button who's a bit of a calling station when there's one bet to him on just about any street. Other players at table are reasonably tight and villain has shown himself to be a competent player.Preflop:fold, call, villain calls, fold, fold, i check, donk calls, fold, bb checks.(2.25 BB's) Flop: :):D :D check, villain checks, i check, donk bets, bb folds, fold, villain calls, i call.(3.75 BB's) Turn: :card_hearts_10:i swear when that turn card came out villain licked his lips, then looked at me, then checked, i check, donk bets, call, call.(6.75 BB's) River: :) Villain leads out, I raise...

this play won't work 1 in 4 times. i would only try it against better opponents than those at 4/8 and even then only if their hands were much more clearly defined.edit: its pretty clear villain has the low, i mean if the donk's hand behind was something besides any 4.

its pretty clear villain has the low.
Why?He would have to have A34x.Why would you not think he probably has a flush? By the way, I have the Ah so if he does have a good flush, he probably had a high hand to start (ie, KKQT etc...)I think donk folds anything but A4 or A5 here and maybe A5 sometimes...

wow, i read it totally different.if villain had flush he either leads turn or check-raises it (or at least he should have), i can't see any high only hand he plays like that and bets the river for value. if we put him on low, we're worried about donk's hand for high. and depending on the player i don't think at this level he'll let go of a set at this level, so essentially, you're trying to bluff out all the hands that you beat, and you're gonna get called by all the hands that you don't.but what do i know.

this has nothing to do with the hand, but what convertor did you use, the cards are tiny I can hardly see them.

this has nothing to do with the hand, but what convertor did you use, the cards are tiny I can hardly see them.
He did that manually, they are just emoticons in the same way that :D and :club: are.I suggest that no one uses them for the reason you stated.

Was this live, or does your poker skin show players licking their lips?I don't mind the emoticons - at least it's better than text or some butchered conversions we see... but on to the point:navy said if villan had the flush he would lead the turn or check raise. But the best he has is the second nut flush, so if he has no low I think he's calling down, not jamming.Otherwise I agree with what has been said. I don't think this will work often enough to justify the risk for half the pot. Besides, you said the donk was a calling station. Even though it's two bets to him, is he going to release at this point?