j-j checkup (lhe)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converterPreflop: econ_tim is MP3 with [Js], [Jd]. 3 folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.Flop: (8.50 SB) [7h], [3h], [5d] (4 players)BB checks, MP2 bets, MP2 calls.Turn: (8.25 BB) [6d] (2 players)MP2 bets, econ_tim calls.River: (10.25 BB) [Jc] (2 players)MP2 bets, MP2 calls.Final Pot: 14.25 BBVillain is non-maniac, so is just calling the turn bet standard?

That's a standard play. In those 1-2 games on pp people will limp with anything. He also could have easily limped with a small pair and hit a set. Capping on the flop might be somewhat questionable, but I don't mind. Trying to keep control of the hand for one sb with an overpair isn't bad.What did he have? 8s or 9s? Ah 5h?

Guest XXEddie
He's capping with AJ-h? What the hell limit games are you playing in?I think he just has top pair off the flop.. or a small two pair.-fop
.5/1 & 1/2and Ive seen worse plays in 1/2

looks good although i think capping the flop might be a little overly aggressive. he's a non-maniac so you have to figure he hit something pretty hard on that flop to bet into the pre-flop raiser and then 3-bet you. the rest of the hand looks good.

tim, any particular reason you didn't just call the 3-bet and then raise the turn? Maybe I'm just cap-shy. The way the hand played out, I think the call on the turn is perfectly fine.

I like just calling the 3-bet on the flop, looking to raise the turn if a non-scare card falls. What are you trying to accomplish by capping?I've found 1/2 to be kinda rockish, and really don't see alot of guys 3-betting the flop with junk.My thinking is you're behind on the flop to a two pair or set, but you might of course not be. Won't fold here, but will re-evaluate on turn/river.

Higher pocket pair?But then why wouldn't he pop another raise preflop?Is it common to see this much agression with drawing hands like Ax -hearts at 1/2?Is he loose enough to keep raising with A-6 of hearts?or is he dumb enough to not pop in another raise with A-4 hearts on the river?I'm thinking he had a set.What did he have?

tim, any particular reason you didn't just call the 3-bet and then raise the turn? Maybe I'm just cap-shy. The way the hand played out, I think the call on the turn is perfectly fine.
I think I beat a lot of hands that he would 3-bet the flop with. He could have A7s, TT-88, 77, 55, 33, 75s, 53s and maybe a couple other hands. I think he would raise AA-QQ preflop, and he's not likely to have JJ.Skilled players would 3-bet the flop with hands like AdJd, AdTd, and KdQd, but they would also raise preflop with a lot of these hands. I've seen nothing from villain to think he's a tricky or particularly good player.Capping the flop says I can beat TPTK if the other guy is paying attention, so if he bets into me on the turn I expect him to have a strong hand. If I call the 3-bet, I don't learn as much about his holdings unless I raise him on the turn.
I like just calling the 3-bet on the flop, looking to raise the turn if a non-scare card falls.
im not a fan of that, what kind of hands does a non-maniac raise this flop with. im going into call down mode after the flop 3-bet unless improved.