(Taken from another forum)Late in the tournament but not much aggression being shown by anyone. Seeing people limp with JJ, TT, 99, 88, KQ, KJ, KT, K9 is nothing out of the ordinary. 8 handed, itm of MTT.SB (t155026)Hero (t60182)MP2 (t112304)Preflop: Hero is BB with 7c, Kd.3 folds, MP2 calls t3000, 2 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: (t10200) Td, Ks, 6c (3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets 12000, 1 fold, Hero?Yes, leading the flop is the obvious play. That is pretty clear IMO. I want to know how you read this overbet against an unknown and how you react to it, given that you have checked.

Since this isn't a micro SnG, I'll go out on a limb and assume that the overbet implies MP2 hit a piece of the flop but isn't too confident and would rather take the pot right there. Hero could be up against TP with a better kicker, but also could be up against middle pair or even BPTK. Since the flop isn't very threatening, I don't think a set or 2 pair is very likely at all.I say Hero throws in a check-raise and sees how MP2 reacts. Check-calling or check-folding with TP just seems way too weak in this situation.

i fold to this overbet. your deep in the tournament and i think this an easy way just to piss chips away. its just to many chips to risk on a hand you have little information with, and your only in for 3000, so if you throw it away, thats better than losing 15000+ in chips with your 60,000 stack. i think overbets are usually stupid moves by someone. they are risking more chips than they should. and with the check it just easily to fold sense you have less chips to the pot.

Maybe this is one of those situations where it might be worthwhile to call the flop bet to see if he fires again on the turn? Either that or check-raise all in, given that the minraise commits you.

I think you have to fold it. Playing it is basically committing your whole stack here. If we just call the flop, how do we play the turn? Check again? Hoping that villain will let us check it down is extremely wishful thinking. Raising all-in is just committing yourself when you have no clue where you are in the hand. We clearly needed to lead this flop, but as played I don't want to commit our whole stack here especially when villain is telling us he has a big hand. So fold.

If ur not leading the flop... CR all-in. Its like 20K free chips. Kickers are overrated late in tournies.

If ur not leading the flop... CR all-in. Its like 20K free chips. Kickers are overrated late in tournies.
So you put viilain on a bluff/draw? Ok, in that case, do you not think calling and allowing him to bluff again on the turn has a higher EV?I don't know, I'm just generating discussion.

not a lot to protect against and villain is "charging" himself just fine.I either fold now or c/c downtoo many hands we beat fold to a c/r and otherwise keep betting.I'm folding absent reads and any more info on cash and our tourny pos

So you put viilain on a bluff/draw? Ok, in that case, do you not think calling and allowing him to bluff again on the turn has a higher EV?I don't know, I'm just generating discussion.
Will villian bet again on the turn after we've called a pot-sized bet on the flop OOP? He may check and take a free card. So he gets 2 cards for a price he sets. Hero started the hand with 60K. We can possibly increase our stack by 33% if we move on the flop.