How To Play Draws

OK with the increased level of aggression in NL these days, I'm not really sure how to play draws, especially OOP anymore..I'll bet them sometimes, depending on the number of players but with so many players raising with draws and other garbage, I find it getting increasingly hard to play profitably..That being said, this is from a 2.50 MTT, I don't have any good reads but the typical player is bad and loose4 way limped pot, do you check and re-evaulate or bet out with a good but very disguised draw here?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP1 (t2510)MP2 (t1470)MP3 (t1445)CO (t1025)Button (t3245)Hero (t1390)BB (t2995)UTG (t2365)UTG+1 (t1470)Preflop: Hero is SB with 8diamond.gif, 9spade.gif. 4 folds, MP3 calls t30, CO calls t30, 1 fold, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: (t120) 5heart.gif, 7spade.gif, Jdiamond.gif(4 players)Hero

Interesting question.With 8 outs to our sneaky draw, and little danger of a better draw biting us if it hits, I'm leaning towards betting out. Even if we miss, we may have fold equity if we represent a made hand on every street.That said, it's quite possible there's a jack or even an overzealous 7 or 5 out there who would lead for us if we check, and checking and keeping it cheap may not be a bad decision either. I'm admit I'm a bit torn myself, though I'd side with being assertive here with a cheap pot.My question is, are we worried about a pair of jacks or any other hand that's ahead raising us? How will we play back against aggressive flop and turn betting?

Interesting question.With 8 outs to our sneaky draw, and little danger of a better draw biting us if it hits, I'm leaning towards betting out. Even if we miss, we may have fold equity if we represent a made hand on every street.That said, it's quite possible there's a jack or even an overzealous 7 or 5 out there who would lead for us if we check, and checking and keeping it cheap may not be a bad decision either. I'm admit I'm a bit torn myself, though I'd side with being assertive here with a cheap pot.My question is, are we worried about a pair of jacks or any other hand that's ahead raising us? How will we play back against aggressive flop and turn betting?
Yes that is one of my worries about betting..We open up get raised when we don't really want to bloat the pot now

I agree with Guapo, i think betting out into 3 players in a $2 is pretty pointless tbh.I mean, how often are they ever going to all fold? And if you get 1/2/3 callers, barelling the turn un improved is generaly a spew imo.The idea behind playing draws agressively is that we get the chance the win the pot without improving and when we don't we can win by hitting our draw, but here you're never really going to win the pot without improving so betting has little merit to me.

Id probably check. With so many limpers someone has caught some piece of the flop and a bet here has a good chance of being raised and youll have to fold. If you check you may be able to see the turn for a small bet. If it were checked to me in middle or LP Id bet it.

I might be inclinded to do a check-raise denpending on the other action. Check, no raisers, see the turn.Check-bet-fold-fold then i'd check raise.When check-bet-raise-fold I'm out.

I pretty much check call here 95% of the time, if its a big bet, or an over bet I will let it go.
Pretty much. Just play it cheaply oop. I think you want to keep the pots as small as possible when drawing in this position. I think the only time I bet this is when I have position and it is checked to me.