PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is Button with 8:spade:, Q:spade:. UTG calls, MP calls, 1 fold, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: (5 SB) 7:spade:, 6:spade:, 5:heart: (5 players)SB checks, BB bets, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.Turn: (6.50 BB) A:diamond: (4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero....Worth taking the free card here or do I keep pushing my equity edge with 3 other players in the hand.

Looks like you made a free card play on the flop, and this is a textbook opportunity to take the free card. You may have an equity edge, or you may not, but your Q8 is highly unlikely to win unimproved, so you might as well take the free card and see what the river brings. A couple possible scenarios. I player calling the flop could very easily have the Ace and just be too passive to bet it, or be looking to check-raise. Even if no one has the Ace, one of these players is likely to have a pair and call you down if you don't improve. If you bet this turn and get called in all three places and the river is a blank, do you bet the river? If someone else bets the seeming blank, do you call? If on the other hand, you take the free card and it blanks...and someone bets the river, isn't this easier to get away from?I think it may be close, but I'm pretty sure taking the free card is best here.

I'd give you 9 outs for the flush draw, and only 4 for the straight. This is because you will sometimes hit the straight and end up splitting the pot.That gives you 13 outs total. You are a 2.5:1 underdog to win, so if you bet, and everyone calls, it is for value. The problem here is that the ace fell on the turn. This hurts you in two ways:1) It makes it more likely you will be c/red, destroying your odds.2) You can no longer count on your queen outs to help you win.If instead a 2 :club: fell on the turn, I'd be much more inclined to bet (but it wouldn't be automatic). You'd be about a 2:1 underdog in this case since you can count on some of your queen outs.

this is the easiest free card in the world.to bet for value, you not only have to assume *everyone* will call, but you have to assume that you have a full 12 outs.i'd estimate your hand at about 9 - 11 outs. a 4 often chops the pot. the flush is often always best, but discount about one or two outs in case you're not drawing to the best flush or if you are up against two pair / set. i also am not certain that a queen gives you the best hand, so add maybe one out for that.these hands are tempting to bet, either for value or as a semi-bluff, but realize that you're almost never getting value out of it--even if all three call--and that a bet is virtually never picking up the pot on this super-draw-heavy and super coordinated board.aseem

If instead a 2 :club: fell on the turn, I'd be much more inclined to bet (but it wouldn't be automatic). You'd be about a 2:1 underdog in this case since you can count on some of your queen outs.
no... i still wouldn't bet this.it's closer yes, but i still don't bet it. even one person folding means you're pushing a negative equity edge. you could argue that you're cleaning up outs, though, but i doubt this is the case when someone is folding for one bet on this board...aseem
If instead a 2 :club: fell on the turn, I'd be much more inclined to bet (but it wouldn't be automatic). You'd be about a 2:1 underdog in this case since you can count on some of your queen outs.
no... i still wouldn't bet this.it's closer yes, but i still don't bet it. even one person folding means you're pushing a negative equity edge. you could argue that you're cleaning up outs, though, but i doubt this is the case when someone is folding for one bet on this board...aseem
if the 2 :D falls, we still have top pair outs with the queen, taht adds another out or two to our hand. I'd then bet on a 14-15 out draw into the river