Top Set On A Straight Board

$50 freezout on Stars. Like it/dislike it? My thinking is that yes, maybe he would lead this turn if he has a ten but he would also lead it plenty of the time without a ten, and even if he has it I have outs. Standard?No need to lecture about my smallish flop bet, I'm trying to look weak and get repopped. Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t15/t309 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t2560UTG+1: t4805MP1: t5230MP2: t3870Hero: t2805CO: t4765Button: t7350SB: t2160BB: t2160Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with J :D J :D4 folds, Hero raises to t90, CO folds, Button calls t90 (pot was t135), SB calls t75 (pot was t225), BB folds.Flop: 9 :club: 8 :D J :D (t300, 3 players)SB checks, Hero bets t180, Button folds, SB calls t180 (pot was t480).Turn: 7 :) (t660, 2 players)SB bets t630, Hero raises all-in t2535,

$50 freezout on Stars. Like it/dislike it? My thinking is that yes, maybe he would lead this turn if he has a ten but he would also lead it plenty of the time without a ten, and even if he has it I have outs. Standard?No need to lecture about my smallish flop bet, I'm trying to look weak and get repopped. Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t15/t309 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t2560UTG+1: t4805MP1: t5230MP2: t3870Hero: t2805CO: t4765Button: t7350SB: t2160BB: t2160Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with J :D J :D4 folds, Hero raises to t90, CO folds, Button calls t90 (pot was t135), SB calls t75 (pot was t225), BB folds.Flop: 9 :club: 8 :D J :D (t300, 3 players)SB checks, Hero bets t180, Button folds, SB calls t180 (pot was t480).Turn: 7 :) (t660, 2 players)SB bets t630, Hero raises all-in t2535,
That hand smells like J 10 to me
1. with JJ, you're hoping to flop the set. *ding - mission accomplished. Personally, I wouldn't have C/R all in here on the turn. At most C/C. 7 or a Q is the worst card one would want to see here on the turn. From the small blind, he could easily have J10 or Q10. I would've led out on the flop bigger of course. :) --------Js...there's no wrong or right way to playem at times...

I dont see him betting into you on the turn esp. almost a pot sized bet with the straight here. Q10 is not an option here (i can explain why not if anyone is interested). You played it weak on the flop so he could just be using the scare card to push you off AK/AQ. I say he either has 2 pair or Air. That being said I prefer a flat call there. He is only calling your raise if youre smoked.

Seems fine to me - he could have a 10, he could be on a flush draw, he could have two pair, he could be bluffing the scare card and like you said, you have outs if he does have the 10.

I don't see 2 pair here, that would mean he called a PF raise with something like J9, J8, 98, 87...If there were overcards on the board I could see him leading out with something other than the T, but on that board it really looks like he hit the straight.

I don't see 2 pair here, that would mean he called a PF raise with something like J9, J8, 98, 87...If there were overcards on the board I could see him leading out with something other than the T, but on that board it really looks like he hit the straight.
The SB is very often calling with these hands in this spot. I dont see a guy that check calls an up and down straight draw on the flop all of a sudden getting super aggressive on the turn when he hits his gin card. Could be a straight but most of the time I say 2 pair or air.btw Tim do you always make it 90 to go there? I know 3x but with the blinds at 10/20 I make it 100 to go and with the blinds at 15/30 I make it 120 to go. Once it gets to the 25/50 level I go to the standard 3x raise. It just seems to get rid of more of the junk hands that cause a problem in spots like these.

I doubt he has air but it could be and I'm not folding the hand. I'm in between shoving and calling to induce river bluff if he is in fact bluffing. Obv the problem here with calling is we are giving dia free draw on the river, my thinking is that he's not folding dia anyways and he might bluff them off if he misses on the riv, I'm calling any riv obviously.