Free Speech Is Coming To An End

I don't care about radio personalities one bit,
Now that's just mean....
I love it how some people can view a privately owned company refusal to publish/air someones opinion as a violation of Free Speech.
Whether or not a radio station allows it is not a First Amendment issue.
The problem with the above two statements is this: XM and Sirius hire radio personalities like this PRECISELY for speech like what O&A uttered. It's satellite radio, where speech is unregulated, free and unfettered. This suspension is simply a gut reaction first strike against special interest groups who care more about advancing their political agendas dictating what people should think/act/feel rather than protecting the actual audience the speech is directed at.
We have the first amendment exactly to protect unpopular speech. Popular speech doesn't need protection.The main reason to protect free speech is because stupid ideas whither in the light of day. They only survive if the proponents can validly claim their ideas are being supressed.But as has been pointed out, this issue has nothing to do with free speech or first amendment rights. If a company doesn't want idiots saying stupid things, that's their right.
The first amendment was crafted exactly with the idea of protecting unpopular speech back in the day. King George wasn't a fan of those colonials making fun of him and he cracked down on the papers. No matter the thought, however unpopular is allowed to be published here in the US.
How did the govenment step in?
They can't have. Satellite radio is unregulated. They can go on there and sing the nation anthem from the country of Cuntstick screaming various obscenities like ***** **** BULLSHIT ************ PIECE OF **** all day and no one can say boo.
Now that's just mean....The problem with the above two statements is this: XM and Sirius hire radio personalities like this PRECISELY for speech like what O&A uttered. It's satellite radio, where speech is unregulated, free and unfettered. This suspension is simply a gut reaction first strike against special interest groups who care more about advancing their political agendas dictating what people should think/act/feel rather than protecting the actual audience the speech is directed at. The first amendment was crafted exactly with the idea of protecting unpopular speech back in the day. King George wasn't a fan of those colonials making fun of him and he cracked down on the papers. No matter the thought, however unpopular is allowed to be published here in the US. They can't have. Satellite radio is unregulated. They can go on there and sing the nation anthem from the country of Cuntstick screaming various obscenities like ***** **** BULLSHIT ************ PIECE OF **** all day and no one can say boo.
....you can swear in the woods toorip mitch
The first amendment was crafted exactly with the idea of protecting unpopular speech back in the day. King George wasn't a fan of those colonials making fun of him and he cracked down on the papers. No matter the thought, however unpopular is allowed to be published here in the US.
I have news for you: the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint.

I don't care that much about Imus or O&A so this doesn't bother me. But I think incidents like this are the main reason Howard Stern is probably going to not renew his contract when it is up. It's hard to have fun on the radio when you are under constant surveillance.

We have the first amendment exactly to protect unpopular speech. Popular speech doesn't need protection.The main reason to protect free speech is because stupid ideas whither in the light of day. They only survive if the proponents can validly claim their ideas are being supressed.But as has been pointed out, this issue has nothing to do with free speech or first amendment rights. If a company doesn't want idiots saying stupid things, that's their right.
This is what we HOPE from an educated and responsible society. I have lost a bit of my faith in people.BUT, that will never change the fact that my Libertarian view and hopes on society will always stand strong.EDIT: Isn't the key ingredient in this story that the government didn't do anything, but the private sector did? Isn't this what we want? People making the choices and not the government? I, kind of, see capitalism working here. People don't like something, companies see that, things change to favor the people's desires to keep their business.UNLIKE the education and healthcare monopoly......