1-2NLI am in the BB and it is limped to me with 4 people in the pot. I have 6-7 off and check.The flop comes 5c-8c-Jx.I check and Villain in middle position bets $10. I didn't think that he necessarily had anything here. He is known to take stabs at ots from any position. It folds back to me and I make the call with an open-end draw.Heads-up and the Turn: Ac I feel like this is a card that I may be able to represents as either an Ace or a flush. I bet $20. He reluctantly calls.River: 2cWhat do I do here? I missed my draw but there are 4 clubs on the board( I don't have one). Do I take a stab or concede? I had a tough time deciding what to do.

If you bet out say 2/3 pot, what clubs will he fold? With which clubs will he call? Without saying what the read is this question is nearly impossible.If his turn call was reluctant I wouldn't assume he had the Kc. Based on the play it looks like he could have the jack with a club draw.

Not sure whether this is live or on line or where the read came that his turn call was reluctant. A hesitation call could certainly mean he hit the hell out of the turn and is looking to trap. I have no problem going with a read and betting 2/3 the pot but personally I'd feel more comfortable making a play at this pot if I had position.

Not sure whether this is live or on line or where the read came that his turn call was reluctant. A hesitation call could certainly mean he hit the hell out of the turn and is looking to trap. I have no problem going with a read and betting 2/3 the pot but personally I'd feel more comfortable making a play at this pot if I had position.
This is a live game and this from playing with the guy for about 45min. he seems like a pretty weak player. I really didn't feel like he was trying to trap me because I hadn't seen him do anything like that before. (I know that that doesn't mean he isn't capable). If he did have a club I didn't think that it was very big.
This is a live game and this from playing with the guy for about 45min. he seems like a pretty weak player. I really didn't feel like he was trying to trap me because I hadn't seen him do anything like that before. (I know that that doesn't mean he isn't capable). If he did have a club I didn't think that it was very big.
It obviously depends on how weak he is, but I try to make it a habit to not try to bluff weak players. Unless they are weak tight you're usually getting called by the strangest of hands.
1-2NLI am in the BB and it is limped to me with 4 people in the pot. I have 6-7 off and check.The flop comes 5c-8c-Jx.I check and Villain in middle position bets $10. I didn't think that he necessarily had anything here. He is known to take stabs at ots from any position. It folds back to me and I make the call with an open-end draw.Heads-up and the Turn: Ac I feel like this is a card that I may be able to represents as either an Ace or a flush. I bet $20. He reluctantly calls.River: 2cWhat do I do here? I missed my draw but there are 4 clubs on the board( I don't have one). Do I take a stab or concede? I had a tough time deciding what to do.
Alright, I wanna talk about some poker theory point out some flaws in this hand. Not saying you played it wrong, simply that your thinking, or what you typed is probably not the best line of play.Basically you used a read and thought your opponent was weak. You then went on to flat call with your draw. First off if you believe he is weak, it is probably best just to repop on the flop to take the pot down. Or at least really find out where he is. Secondly, my main point, if you do not think your oppenent is strong then calling with the straight draw is probably -EV. That is you're probably behind right now, and on the occasion you hit, he is not going to pay you off.There is the option to call his bet, floating the flop, with plans to bet anything on the turn. This of course is a higher level play, and may not be a bad choice, but when your doing it, you should know your doing so. Otherwise your prolley just spewing chips. When the scare card did land on the turn, it did seem like you are aware enough to realize you can take this pot away, which is good. So maybe this analysis is of waste, but just pointing out what I got from reading your description.As for my line on the river, I think I throw out a bet of about $25. If he folds half the time, it is a profitable play. I think if he has a bigger club his is not as reluctant to call the turn. epically with a hand like JxQc.