Phil Gordon's Books

Little Black Book is all real hands that demonstrate the skills he spoke of from little green book. You will not learn anything more from this book but it will give you an idea on how he thinks about the hands and also talks about mistakes in hands that he made.I think it is a good book but if you think you truly understand the concepts from Green book, it is not a necessary addition.

Little Black Book is all real hands that demonstrate the skills he spoke of from little green book. You will not learn anything more from this book but it will give you an idea on how he thinks about the hands and also talks about mistakes in hands that he made.I think it is a good book but if you think you truly understand the concepts from Green book, it is not a necessary addition.
You mean Blue. Black is some other introduction to poker book.

DOH!!! THat is right. I It is Blue Book. I have never read black book so I apologize for my misinfo.

I've enjoyed both the Little Green & Blue books. Aside from Harrington's books, which were my first real intro to No-Limit Hold 'em, Gordon's really help you think like a pro. The Green book gives you a solid foundation and the concepts you need, and the Blue book shows those concepts in action as they relate to actual hands.

All of them are well written and contain good info that makes you think about the game, some of it can be debated or wrong but good books all the same.

Phil Gordon is not a poker professional. He is a TV commentator that got his $ elsewhere. Any decent player would destroy him in NL Hold Em. I don't understand how he gets so much media attention and how he gets so many people to buy his book. If American public knew how bad he was in comparison to other pros, he would certainly not get the attention that he is getting now.

His books are well written and the little blue book actually made me laugh some of the time... I just don't like his whiny pissy attitude that he conveys. The actual poker related material is kind of crappy.

Phil Gordon is not a poker professional. He is a TV commentator that got his $ elsewhere. Any decent player would destroy him in NL Hold Em. I don't understand how he gets so much media attention and how he gets so many people to buy his book. If American public knew how bad he was in comparison to other pros, he would certainly not get the attention that he is getting now.
IF you cant do, teach. The ability to teach or express yourself in word are different then actually performing. His little green book calendar though is the worst gift i have gotten in ages.

Gordon admits he is not the best poker player but is one of the better teachers and I agree with him. If first starting out, his Green and Blue book are very good. If you want to be the best poker player, you can only do that through experience and reading players.So as a beginner, or to see things from a fresh perspective, the books are good.