The Buffalo Sabres Playoff Thread

Buffalo wins the opening round of the playoffs 4 games to 1, and they still haven't played a full period of their best hockey.Bad News for whomever they face in the second round (Go Tampa!!!)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo wins the opening round of the playoffs 4 games to 1, and they still haven't played a full period of their best hockey.Bad News for whomever they face in the second round (Go Tampa!!!)
It's nice to see the slow dawning on the general hockey fan of just how deep and how talented this team is, offensively. Their fourth line would be a third or second line on any other team in the NHL, with Connolly and Stafford, and their third line... well, let's just say how good would Mats Sundin look with Maxim Afinegenov on his wing???? The NHL should just retroactively make the Sabres GM the NHL exec of the year for the past three years, with no offense to Ray Shero....
I really like the original jerseys(the ones they are wearing tonight)..One of the best jerseys out there...Sorry but the new ones are really cheesy, or maybe they still have to grow on me...I am going to get a Maxim Afinogenov away jersey..The old style.
Unfortunately there will be no 3rd jerseys next season so it may be awhile before we see Buffalo in their 3rd (original) jersey again.
It's nice to see the slow dawning on the general hockey fan of just how deep and how talented this team is, offensively. Their fourth line would be a third or second line on any other team in the NHL, with Connolly and Stafford, and their third line... well, let's just say how good would Mats Sundin look with Maxim Afinegenov on his wing???? The NHL should just retroactively make the Sabres GM the NHL exec of the year for the past three years, with no offense to Ray Shero....
Connolly would be a first liner on a lot of teams, Stafford on a couple perhaps but a definate second on a lot. Mair's there for grit etc., he's a natural 4th maybe 3rd liner... it's sick that Connolly is on the fourth line, although I know this is going to cause a blowup, the best way I can describe his game is to say he's got the vision and hands of kyle wellwood plus great pp qbing abilities plus some grit and penalty killing ability.
Connolly would be a first liner on a lot of teams, Stafford on a couple perhaps but a definate second on a lot. Mair's there for grit etc., he's a natural 4th maybe 3rd liner... it's sick that Connolly is on the fourth line, although I know this is going to cause a blowup, the best way I can describe his game is to say he's got the vision and hands of kyle wellwood, plus great pp qbing abilities plus some grit and penalty killing ability.
And a head like Lindros.
Well, I now have another reason why the Sabres need to resign Chris Drury this offseason...I just ordered my brand new, NHL authentic Drury captain's jersey in home blue.
That doesnt seem like the smartest move right now (the jersey that is)....hence why im waiting for them to resign briere so i can get mine numbered and lettered :club:
That doesnt seem like the smartest move right now (the jersey that is)....hence why im waiting for them to resign briere so i can get mine numbered and lettered :club:
Even if he doesn't resign, I'd still be honored to wear that jersey. In my opinion, the odds are much higher that Drury resigns, or neither resigns, above only Briere resigning. Even *both* resigning carries better odds than Briere resigning solo in my opinion. For me, Drury is up there with LaFontaine and Perreault as one of the greatest players to ever put on a Sabres jersey, so that sweater will be one of my most prized possesions whether he stays a Sabre or not.
Even if he doesn't resign, I'd still be honored to wear that jersey. In my opinion, the odds are much higher that Drury resigns, or neither resigns, above only Briere resigning. Even *both* resigning carries better odds than Briere resigning solo in my opinion. For me, Drury is up there with LaFontaine and Perreault as one of the greatest players to ever put on a Sabres jersey, so that sweater will be one of my most prized possesions whether he stays a Sabre or not.
What'd you pay/Where did you get it, and did you get Pro or Semi-Pro?
What'd you pay/Where did you get it, and did you get Pro or Semi-Pro?
I'm pretty sure I did the worst thing I possibly could have, this was a total impulse purchase and I didn't shop around at all. With that in mind...Authentic ProNHL.com$289 w/shippingBring on the "holy shit idiot, you got raped!!!" chorus.
I'm pretty sure I did the worst thing I possibly could have, this was a total impulse purchase and I didn't shop around at all. With that in mind...Authentic ProNHL.com$289 w/shippingBring on the "holy shit idiot, you got raped!!!" chorus.
An authentic pro for that price seems okay to me.
Hmm I wouldn't be surprised if this price dropped as soon as the playoffs ended.When the Panthers season ended their Authentic Pro jerseys went from $299 to $219. But then again, it is the Panthers.
Hmm I wouldn't be surprised if this price dropped as soon as the playoffs ended.When the Panthers season ended their Authentic Pro jerseys went from $299 to $219. But then again, it is the Panthers.
Yeah, probably, but I really wanted it for the Conference Final assuming Buffalo is able to make it past NY. Still hasn't shipped, despite the fact that my order says NHL.com was able to find the item in stock. We'll see what happens I guess...
Yeah, probably, but I really wanted it for the Conference Final assuming Buffalo is able to make it past NY. Still hasn't shipped, despite the fact that my order says NHL.com was able to find the item in stock. We'll see what happens I guess...
Keep an eye on the price. If they lower it you may be able to get some money back.
Keep an eye on the price. If they lower it you may be able to get some money back.
Good advice, thanks. I'll definitely do that. I've already got my sights set on a Shea Weber jersey, either Team Canada from this year's worlds or a standard Nashville Preds. I'd like to get one from my second fave team, Chicago, but I don't really like their jerseys very much so I probably wouldn't ever wear it.
That is not too bad at all.Did you have to get it customized with drury's name and number, or did they have a bunch of these in stock? I'm guessing the latter because of the price. For me to get my A-Rad jersey, it costs $250 + $85 for the customization (CAD). Luckily River City Sports has a half price (before customization) sale on a bunch of the less purchased teams.
That is not too bad at all.Did you have to get it customized with drury's name and number, or did they have a bunch of these in stock? I'm guessing the latter because of the price. For me to get my A-Rad jersey, it costs $250 + $85 for the customization (CAD). Luckily River City Sports has a half price (before customization) sale on a bunch of the less purchased teams.
The jersey I went with offered customization as part of the price, so the numbers on the front, back, and sleeves, as well as Drury's name and the captain's "C" are all rolled into one price. I assume they already had some of these in stock, but I could have ordered it with any Sabres players information. Technically, it's a custom job. I'm thinking about getting one for whomever my 1st rounder is in this year's FCHL draft, in addition to a couple of my long-term signees (Shea Weber, Ryan Whitney maybe, definitely Brad Richards).*Edit* If you're interested, they have Nashville authentic jerseys marked down to $209.97 with full customization included and 50% off shipping. http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?prod...dy_bestsell_img
The jersey I went with offered customization as part of the price, so the numbers on the front, back, and sleeves, as well as Drury's name and the captain's "C" are all rolled into one price. I assume they already had some of these in stock, but I could have ordered it with any Sabres players information. Technically, it's a custom job. I'm thinking about getting one for whomever my 1st rounder is in this year's FCHL draft, in addition to a couple of my long-term signees (Shea Weber, Ryan Whitney maybe, definitely Brad Richards).*Edit* If you're interested, they have Nashville authentic jerseys marked down to $209.97 with full customization included and 50% off shipping. http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?prod...dy_bestsell_img
Thanks a lot, I'd stopped checking NHL.com as they looked like the most expensive option.
Thanks a lot, I'd stopped checking NHL.com as they looked like the most expensive option.
No problem, I'll probably order my Weber jersey at that price as soon as I get my Drury.