Go Big Or Go Home?

Live tournament, $25 buy in.I'm at a monthly tournament where most of the guys know each other, and the play is pretty weak all around. The structure however is very fast, starting with 2000 in chips, 25-25 blinds, and they basically double every twenty minutes. The fact that the guys are usually chatting inbetween hands doesn't help the fact and really slows the play down. I would estimate that we're getting in about 10-12 hands per level. Here's the situation.Blinds 75-150, and they are going up on the next hand to 150-300.Hero is in the BB with 3 :club: 4 :D UTG min-raises to 300UTG +1 calls 300.Folds to Hero, who calls, getting 825 to 150 on his money.Hero has 1450 left after making the call.Flop - A :D 8 :D J :D How do we like a Check-Raise All In Here?I decided ahead of time that I was going to play very fast once the blinds got high, so that I would either be the chip leader or go home early. Right approach overall? Thoughts appreciated.

what about a straightforward push?i think you get more FE being the first in pot because it's likely someone hit a piece of it and might not let it go after your check-raise when they've put in a sizeable bet. they get a better chance to reevaluate if they didn't put extra money in the pot and since you're betting at two opponents. A check-raise push just looks too much like a flush draw. What if UTG or UTG+1 puts you all in or close to it? You'll only have two options left: calling or folding. You're down to a naked flush draw at best and may in the slim cases be drawing dead. I'd try every trick in the book to get folds.i agree w/go big or go home, should always be the case in top heavy payout MTTs.

10-12 hands per 20 minute round is that bad live. In most 20 min tourneys I play you rarely make it all the way around in a level.I definitely check the flop, but Im not committted to a check raise by any means. I still want my 2:1 odds to the river for a call or reraise.

I agree that whether or not you check-raise should depend on how much your opponent bets. If your opponent bets half your stack I would just lay it down, since he's gonna call you 99% of the time, and you can probably find a spot where you're better than 36% to win. However you do have a decent low draw.....sorry been playing too much LO8.

Villains' stack sizes are important. Reads are also a factor, even given the limited number of hands. Does a push knock these two off the hand, or does their possible range of hands give you the edge?