First off I am a big fan of the booze, especially beer. I have found out through the years that I play much better poker when I have no beer, or maybe 1 or 2 to take the edge off. As soon as I start hitting the beer hard, my game, stamina, and skill go right down the toilet. So I know some people thrive on it sometimes (Scotty Ngynen, Chris Moneymaker, Men The Master ect....) but I really do play a much better game when I dont drink. SO my word of advice is if you want to be a serious poker player dont drink.....LMK what you think.

Well thats pretty obvious. I just wanted to know if you thought some people might do better with the booze, ie. Scotty Nguyen,Moneymaker ect...I just read an interview with Chris Moneymaker saying he drinks beer to get his game going...Like I said earlier, if I stick to 2-4 maybe, I am fine, but 5-12+ and I am no good, and I am a solid drinker. GL ALL!! And respect the juice.

First off I am a big fan of the booze, especially beer. I have found out through the years that I play much better poker when I have no beer, or maybe 1 or 2 to take the edge off. As soon as I start hitting the beer hard, my game, stamina, and skill go right down the toilet. So I know some people thrive on it sometimes (Scotty Ngynen, Chris Moneymaker, Men The Master ect....) but I really do play a much better game when I dont drink. SO my word of advice is if you want to be a serious poker player dont drink.....LMK what you think.
i have had many a PPD (playing poker drunk) tickets in my life. no jail time.... but it cost me alot of $$$$$ till i met PFPD (players for poker drunks).. these guys tind to take all your $$$ and then make you feel good about it. and then you go to the ATM and get them some more $$$$ ..I have changed my ways and now display my PFPD pin with pride :-)