Anyone Playing The Wsop Circuit Events In Indiana Next Week?

Is anyone planning on playing any of the Caesers Indian circuit events next week? Event 1 starts on Monday the 26th with a $340 buy-in. I'm thinking about heading down there, but I've never played in any of these events and it seems like the 1500 in starting chips is pretty low with blinds starting at 25-25. Any info will help.

I might be going for the main event, haven't decided yet.
I've never played in any live tourney's over $100, so the first event is the cheapest and seems like the best starting point for me. It just doesn't seem like the starting chips allow for a lot of play though. I called the poker room and they said there were over 900 entries in event 1 back in October. That is a lot of bullets to dodge!
I've never played in any live tourney's over $100, so the first event is the cheapest and seems like the best starting point for me. It just doesn't seem like the starting chips allow for a lot of play though. I called the poker room and they said there were over 900 entries in event 1 back in October. That is a lot of bullets to dodge!
Yea the structures for the prelims are usually horrible....just have to adapt.
Yea the structures for the prelims are usually horrible....just have to adapt.
Did I mention that they want to play down to the final table in one day. Lets see........900 entries (90 - 100 tables) playing down to 1 table in 12 hours. Is that even possible?

well that 900 players includes alternates, some of the alternates don't get in til the blinds 100-200 or possibly higher. If you don't want to be an alternate, I would suggest being there day before and registering or showing up really early that day.

well that 900 players includes alternates, some of the alternates don't get in til the blinds 100-200 or possibly higher. If you don't want to be an alternate, I would suggest being there day before and registering or showing up really early that day.
I may go down the day before and just get a room there on Sunday night. How does that work with the satellites and buy-ins? If I buy-in the day before and then manage to win a satellite later that day, will they give me my money back from the original buy-in?
I may go down the day before and just get a room there on Sunday night. How does that work with the satellites and buy-ins? If I buy-in the day before and then manage to win a satellite later that day, will they give me my money back from the original buy-in?
No, but you should be able to sell your vouchers from a satellite to players in line waiting to pay their entry fees.
Is anyone planning on playing any of the Caesers Indian circuit events next week? Event 1 starts on Monday the 26th with a $340 buy-in. I'm thinking about heading down there, but I've never played in any of these events and it seems like the 1500 in starting chips is pretty low with blinds starting at 25-25. Any info will help.
I have decided to go down and play in this event also. Probably won't get this message before tourney, I'll be wearing a black San Fransico Giants hat. Holler at me. Later

I'm leaving to head down there in about an hour. Going to play the event tomorrow and the one on Wednesday (one $300 and one $500, not sure which is which). Yes, it will be a crapshoot, but my strategy is the same as the WSOP $1500 I played and any non DS tournament on Tilt or Stars...double early or go home. Usually this means going home, but the one time I chip up early it will make it much easier to play later in the tournament. I'll try to post a trip report as I'll be playing cash games into the night tonight.

Well I lasted a whopping 55 minutes in the tourney. It was the best table I have ever had in a live tourney. Redonkulous play, couldn't believe how bad these players are. 2nd hand in, blinds are 25-25, folded to guy in CO, he makes it 300 to go, are you ****ing kidding me? 300 to go, I'm on the button and look down at JJ, I call, maybe the wrong play. Flop comes T42 rain, he bets out 200, once again what the hell is going on. I call. Turn is a 6. Now, he checks to me I bet 500 he instant calls, now I know I'm most likely beat. River is a 6. He checks i check behind, obv he has KK. So I'm down to around 475 in chips. 2 hands later I limp in after 3 limpers with 33. Flop comes KQ3. Guy leads, I stick in my shortstack he calls with KJ and double. I just keep haning in there and build back up to 1125 at the 25-50 level. Guy utg raises to 175, I shove in 1125 from mp with KK. I wouldnt usually shove in this much but the table was so bad figured he would call for sure, obv he instant calls and flips up TT. Board comes QQ94T. GG me.

Got here this afternoon and headed straight down to the tables. Bought in for $400 (2/5 blinds and max buyin of $1000 (!))and had that dwindled down to about $275 after some missed flops, cont bets, etc...quickly I learned this table could be very interesting.Pick up QQ and raise to $30. 2 callers. Flop comes with an Ace. I cont bet $60. Guy with position on me calls. A blank peels off, I check, he bets $75. I only have $180. Board reads A 5 9 7. I certainly don't think he has the ace but fold like a donk. He doesn't show. Few hands later I get QQ again in the big blind. 3 callers to me and raise it to $35. Only the small blind calls. Flop comes with an ace on it. He bets $15. I move in. He calls with A6 off and I rebuy another $400.That goes up and down and I have about $375 when I get K 10 suited and raise to $30 in late postion after 3 limpers. The big blind calls and so does everyone else. Flop comes 10 5 2 with 2 clubs. The same guy who stacked me with the A 6 bets $15 into a $150 pot into me. I make it $170. Folds back to him. He thinks and says I either have "The 10, ace king, an overpair, or clubs". Hell of an analysis there buddy. He goes all in and I call with only $150 left. He flips over 5 6 off. Turn 3. River 4. Anyone that is going to tell me I want him to do that, save it, I already know that.I'm running so bad that I come up to my room and angrily get in the Stars $150. Obv Bkice is at my table. Then this happens:PokerStars Game #9106185252: Tournament #46089597, $150+$12 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2007/03/26 - 21:07:10 (ET)Table '46089597 22' 9-max Seat #9 is the buttonSeat 1: Godfatha LP (2750 in chips) Seat 2: BlackWitch (1810 in chips) Seat 3: wufpup (1470 in chips) Seat 4: chgocubsfan (1840 in chips) Seat 5: Strawberrys (2450 in chips) Seat 6: cool0813 (1970 in chips) Seat 7: brokendreams (1940 in chips) Seat 8: PolishGreat (1970 in chips) Seat 9: BKiCe (1790 in chips) Godfatha LP: posts small blind 10BlackWitch: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to chgocubsfan [Qd Qs]wufpup: folds chgocubsfan: raises 60 to 80Strawberrys: raises 160 to 240cool0813: folds brokendreams: folds PolishGreat: folds BKiCe: folds Godfatha LP: calls 230BlackWitch: calls 220chgocubsfan: calls 160*** FLOP *** [3h 9d Kc]Godfatha LP: checks BlackWitch: checks chgocubsfan: checks Strawberrys: bets 500Godfatha LP: folds BlackWitch: folds chgocubsfan: folds Strawberrys collected 960 from potStrawberrys: doesn't show hand *** SUMMARY ***Total pot 960 | Rake 0 Board [3h 9d Kc]Seat 1: Godfatha LP (small blind) folded on the FlopSeat 2: BlackWitch (big blind) folded on the FlopSeat 3: wufpup folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: chgocubsfan folded on the FlopSeat 5: Strawberrys collected (960)Seat 6: cool0813 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: brokendreams folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: PolishGreat folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: BKiCe (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Tomorrow's event should be fun.If I wasn't with my buddy I'd probably pack up and go home right now...alsdkfjaslk;jdfh

Well I lasted a whopping 55 minutes in the tourney. It was the best table I have ever had in a live tourney. Redonkulous play, couldn't believe how bad these players are. 2nd hand in, blinds are 25-25, folded to guy in CO, he makes it 300 to go, are you ****ing kidding me? 300 to go, I'm on the button and look down at JJ, I call, maybe the wrong play. Flop comes T42 rain, he bets out 200, once again what the hell is going on. I call. Turn is a 6. Now, he checks to me I bet 500 he instant calls, now I know I'm most likely beat. River is a 6. He checks i check behind, obv he has KK. So I'm down to around 475 in chips. 2 hands later I limp in after 3 limpers with 33. Flop comes KQ3. Guy leads, I stick in my shortstack he calls with KJ and double. I just keep haning in there and build back up to 1125 at the 25-50 level. Guy utg raises to 175, I shove in 1125 from mp with KK. I wouldnt usually shove in this much but the table was so bad figured he would call for sure, obv he instant calls and flips up TT. Board comes QQ94T. GG me.
worst played hand ever.

I made my typical first hour exit. Pick up AA in first position. Blinds 25-25, start with 2000 chips by the way, 50 min levels. I raise to 125. One call from loose/passive in MP. Flop is J 10 5 with 2 hearts. I bet 150. Call. Turn 6. I bet 250. Call. River A. I bet 300. He moves all in. I can't fold. I call. KQ. Thanks for playin.Overall so far down $1700 in less than 24 hours, not to mention another decent chunk online since I haven't cashed in a tournament there since the Reagan administration. Help.

No one cares but I'm going to keep posting anyway.Was down to $300 and then went on a sick run. It all started when I got it all in with a classic "12 outer" against a set, and spiked my flush on the river for a $700 pot. Then another flush > opponents unshown cards to get around $900. JJ > 55 against a short stack to get to around $1000. AK > opponents unshown cards on a coordinated K high board, opponent is some guy that made a final table of a WSOP event and is hypo-aggro to get around $1300. Then the big hand came up. Straddled to $10 and picked up Kings. EP makes it $35 and hypo-aggro in the small blind calls. I juice it to $125 and the first guy goes all in for $149 total. Hypo-aggro asks if he calls am I allowed to raise, which he is told I am not. He then smooth calls and obv I call. He checks in the dark. Flop is 10 9 3 with two diamonds. He has around $700 left and I decide a pot sized bet should do it and bet $350. He goes all in for the $700. After some discussion I make the easy call. I ask if he has aces? If so I would have been owned. He says he does not have aces. A set then? No...a draw. Fine. Turn, blank, river diamond. I have my cards held up ready to muck, but he says he missed and shows J Q off. Ship the whole thing to me (the other guy had pocket 8's). Phew. I was down to playing on borrowed money (should have got the EPassporte card, dammit) and that was a sweet pot to scoop to get me back to even on the trip including the $500 buyin to the tournament. I will dabble in the $300 tomorrow (with a worse structure) and let everyone know how it goes!

I have decided to go down and play in this event also. Probably won't get this message before tourney, I'll be wearing a black San Fransico Giants hat. Holler at me. Later
damn, I just read this post today, otherwise I would have been looking u up.See my results on under the topic on the WSOP Indiana Results post I made earlier. No play in this tourney what-so-ever.
NO