This is a line ive been toying around with latley with smaller pairs...i'm not too sure how good it is/how much i like it, but it seems to have pretty good success.Villian has kind of nitty stats, something like 19/9 over 100+ hands....poker ace also tells me he's c-bet 100% of the time after a raise.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $17.65UTG+1: $63.20CO: $50Button: $62.95Hero: $51BB: $63.20Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 4 :D 4 :)2 folds, CO raises to $2, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.Flop: 2 :club: 6 :D J :D ($4.5, 2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $3, Hero calls.Turn: 8 :D ($10.5, 2 players)Hero bets $6.5, CO ...

I think the real problem with this line is that if he calls you don't have a very accurate idea of what he could have, and you've inflated the pot out of position. I don't hate leading on the flop, and if you are going to lead the turn you need to make a bet that's closer to the size of the pot. That way you'll at least narrow down his holdings. Most of the time I'll c/c the flop, and c/f the turn against a decent sized bet depending on my read. Certainly it isn't a very aggressive move on my part, but it keeps the pot small when you have a very weak hand out of position. I don't see any reason to get brave here. Like Caro says, it isn't your job to win pots.

Being that he C-Bets all the time and your OOP, I love the turn action. He will probably fold at least 90% of possible holdings. If he calls I think the line is C/F the river.

i think the key here is if after he CC bets the flop, does he continue on the turn if he's missed. if he continues the 'bluff' then i like your play. if he gives up after your call on the flop, then i don't mind checking to see what he does because he will tell you if you're beat in that case, and if he checks behind you can reevaluate on the river, perhaps even throwing out a blocking bet. after all, the board is pretty dry and your call on the flop has to represent some sort of made hand.

I like it because most villains are not sophisticated enough to call/raise without a hand here, so your bet will win when his c-bet was made with air.Don't do this against a compotent villain becuase of one key idea that is crucial when running a bluff (we'll assume for the time being that that's what you're doing here) is that it should be believable. This is not believable. What hand are you representing? A set? The board is still dry unless he has a heart draw or some weird small connectors. J8? Would you call a raise with that hand? 68? 88? Maybe. I'm just saying, I like the line, it's a check-fold if he doesn't go away on the turn, but you aren't really effectively representing a hand IMO and if I am the villain and I see this bet, I am often going to raise it becuase it doesn't make any sense for you to have a hand that could stand a raise here.

Why not check/raise the flop instead of waiting on a non-scary turn card that makes your pair even worse? You might get him to fold on the flop instead of taking a chance on him hitting the turn if he has overs. I think this is a great flop to c/r on because the small range of hands he should be calling with, there are no draws out there.

I think this is a great flop to c/r on because the small range of hands he should be calling with, there are no draws out there.
If there's ever a reason to CR on a flop, it's for this reason. If he's calling, he's gotta have Jx or better and maybe (but unlikely) a pair like 77-TT.