I was watching the 2006 WSOP marathon last night on ESPN2, and I watched the episode with Phil Hellmuth (at the feature table), but in the middle of the show they do a bio on this guy who has a brain tumor in his head and only had a year and half to live. His name was Mark Saunders. Does anybody know what is going on with this guy? It's very disturbing to see a person who knows the time of their death... I hope they at least found some hope of him surviving..Anybody know anything on this guy?

• 2 years later...

Interesting. I was bored so I had a look around. I can usually find people pretty easily, but only found these two websites.http://denver.yourhub.com/Parker/Stories/F...tory~72509.aspxhttp://marcsaunders.com/He lives/lived in Denver Colorado, and none of the papers there had an obituary listed but it may be that their records are incomplete.

i looked around earlier too for the heck of it, only thing i noticed that there was a mark saunders in the 2006 wsop, not sure which event, and then there was a marc saunders in the 2007 wsop. i also found a few threads commenting on his story, couldn't find the answer though

lol gratz on getting 0 replies first time around. You were popular. :club:

• 1 year later...
I was watching the 2006 WSOP marathon last night on ESPN2, and I watched the episode with Phil Hellmuth (at the feature table), but in the middle of the show they do a bio on this guy who has a brain tumor in his head and only had a year and half to live. His name was Mark Saunders. Does anybody know what is going on with this guy? It's very disturbing to see a person who knows the time of their death... I hope they at least found some hope of him surviving..Anybody know anything on this guy?
Marc (is with a c and not a k) is a good friend of mine and he is doing well. The website, marcsaunders.com is either no longer up or has not been updated for a long time, if you saw him today you probably would not even recognize him from when he was on TV he has played in several other years at the WSOP since then and still plays poker today. I did contact ESPN in 2007 to try to get them to do a followup but never heard back from them. He is very healthy but still has some effect from the tumor. He is a great guy and if you ever ran into him you would walk away with a smile on your face realizing you met someone great, I have seen him personally impact so many peoples lives. I will share this forum with him he is not one to talk about himself much so I doubt he will reply on here.
  • 1 year later...

I got the chance to tell Marc about the site and those who were asking about him after I put up the post a few years back he was amazed and thought it was really cool that people were asking about him. I apologize for the delay in writing another update, Marc passed away last August. Last June his cancer came back for the third time, he was scheduled to have surgery in August. In July he took his kids and wife on an amazing vacation. A few weeks after they got back he had an accident and hit his head on the ground and the complications started there and just got worse. Marc was one of my best friends. He is the only guy I know who had 30 to 40 guys that would all say he was one of their best friends. He is and always will be missed by everyone who knew him or who crossed paths with him.