Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)UTG+1 ($56.79)Hero ($26.03)MP1 ($25.40)MP2 ($8)MP3 ($27.29)CO ($36.32)Button ($23.07)SB ($9.96)BB ($33.94)UTG ($29.99)Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A :) , Q :D . UTG+1 calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, 1 fold, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($1.50) Q :) , Q :club: , A :D(7 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets $1.5, Hero calls $1.50, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds.Turn: ($4.50) T :D(3 players)UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.River: ($4.50) Q :D(3 players)UTG+1 bets $2.75, Hero raises to $13, UTG+1 calls $10.25.Final Pot: $30.50Comments on any street are welcome. But really I'm focused on what you think my river action should have been. The guy was my personal ATM, he had just paid me off with A5 on a Axx flop all hearts and I had 67h. He called a bet of around $7 into a $10 pot on the river.So when he bets the flop on this hand I'm putting him on an ace and was planning on raising the turn. But when the third diamond hits I didn't want to lose him so I checked hoping he wouldn't think I had a flush. Obviously the river is a beauty because I'm pretty sure he has an ace, should I overbet the pot on the river?

Smooth call so you don't pay off the royal!Seriously, if you think he has an ace, stick it all in. He'll pay you off.

Seems like a good spot to make an excessive raise at the river, I actually like the way you played the whole hand, maybe just raise a little more at the river if you have read him as an ATM.

Id raise preflop, but besides that probably the same...If you think this guy is a huge calling station, shoveling the river might be right..It depends on your read

Raise pf, shove river. No brainer on both I think. (although I think its likely he doesn't have an A here, in which case I'd bet something a donk with a T could call)Mark

I think when he leads the river, you can shove. Any raise that you make will only get paid by an Ace anyway, and since he's probably not folding an ace, just go all in.

I think when he leads the river, you can shove. Any raise that you make will only get paid by an Ace anyway, and since he's probably not folding an ace, just go all in.
Yeah I agree, and I probably should have raised preflop like a few others suggested. I hate AQ with a passion though. Even though I was pretty sure he had an ace I wanted to make sure I got paid off if he had any pair, because he wasn't folding 22 since he has a boat now. Oh well it was only a 45 BB mistake, no biggie. :club:

Yeah, it's not really that big of a deal. It's just one of those situations where it's like "ok, there is only one hand that he can pay me with, BUT, if he has it, he'll pay his whole stack so I just need to go all-in."

Lets put ourselves in villains shoes..If someone shoves over the top of us, what are we doin? I would probably puke and then muck cuz I wouldnt want to get stacked by making a call for half a pot

Lets put ourselves in villains shoes..If someone shoves over the top of us, what are we doin? I would probably puke and then muck cuz I wouldnt want to get stacked by making a call for half a pot
You forget that most people are awful at poker and can't fold the 2nd nuts. They don't always think "I'm calling an 8x pot bet to win 1/2 of the pot, so I really need to be right basically every time if I'm making this call."
Villain was terrible, which makes my river raise even worse. He's calling with an ace 100% of the time. If that's what he was thinking then why bet the river at all in in his shoes, why not check/call and give me a chance to bluff?