Bluffing The Ace Turn

Full Tilt PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $1/$26 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 8 :D K :club:3 folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB folds.Flop: 9 :D 2 :D 5 :D (5SB, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls.Turn: A :) (4.5BB, 2 players)SB bets, Hero raises...No stats on villain, but seemed semi competent, but very aggro.

Apart from the topic, what are your standards for raising the button when folded to? Also, bluffing this turn Ace is not a play I use at these limits but maybe I'm missing value in doing so. I release the flop.

I release the flop.
yeah, Zach, you actually paid 2.5 BB to win this, as calling the flop seems a tad light.And on this board, there weren't many bluff/believable turn cards.but yeah, I like the turn play.
Apart from the topic, what are your standards for raising the button when folded to? Also, bluffing this turn Ace is not a play I use at these limits but maybe I'm missing value in doing so. I release the flop.
I find a good conservative standard for opening on the button is 22+, Ax, Kxs+, K8o+, Q8s+, Q9o+, J7s+, J9o+, T7s+, T9o, 97s+, 87s+. I would start with this and add more hands as you improve, find tight blinds or blinds which play poorly postflop.

I'm suprised about this one.I've done this maybe 3 or 4 times and they've folded the turn every time.It has to be the right opponent though. Some guys, HU, will raise the flop every single time.

Some guys, HU, will raise the flop every single time.
You mean with anything?As a bluff?I only bluff at the Ace if the pot is bigger.I always expect Villain to call me down with his 2nd pair.--CM
You mean with anything?As a bluff?I only bluff at the Ace if the pot is bigger.I always expect Villain to call me down with his 2nd pair.--CM
Well, ya.I mean, a lot of the time it works and I don't have anything even worth going forward with, but they can't hit a pair on the flop every single time.I got raised on a flop the other day by one of these guys:Full Tilt PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $1/$26 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T :D A :D2 folds, CO calls, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, Button calls.Flop: 4 :club: 3 :D 8 :) (7SB, 2 players)Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls.Turn: 8 :) (5.5BB, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.River: J :D (7.5BB, 2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.Results:Final pot: 7.5BBVillain had A5. Looking again, I guess he has a gutshot, but meh. It's constant with some of these guys. You know the 35/27 types with 3-4 AFs. Way too aggressive. Works against me though cuz I'm weak-tight.
I'm suprised about this one.I've done this maybe 3 or 4 times and they've folded the turn every time.It has to be the right opponent though. Some guys, HU, will raise the flop every single time.
being check-raised and getting raised oop are a little different. In the longrun, this play is not profitable as there are some people who will not let go of pp.
It's constant with some of these guys. You know the 35/27 types with 3-4 AFs. Way too aggressive. Works against me though cuz I'm weak-tight.
I SLAP'ed my way to big BB/100 in SH.some people don't know when to stop giving their money away.everyone preaches aggression in SH though; but it helps to have decent reads on others.probably helps when I don't multitable since i'm a puss