The Fcp Micro Brewery Barrage

the ap tourneys are generally tighter than the ps ones. you can limp your connectors & raise to isolate with big hands. there are just a few players pushing everything, so you aren't going to feel pressured to play weird hands unless you draw one of them on your table.i double buy in each time. you'll see a fair number of people gone after one or two buy-ins, they seem tight with their money. play smart poker, no need to get fancy. i'll burn a buy in or two on chasing draws if i have to-- i assume you will too, hence giving you a few reloads to build a stack.people are also pretty fond of limp-jamming AA.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i do the UB 1.10 rebuy, i start with 1500 chips....and make my goal to be at least at the double buy in chipstack by the break...is it better to dbl buy in the beginning? At UB I very rarely have to rebuy before the first break. For AP should I dbl buy and try that strategy? Or try the UB strat there? like i said, i have no AP experience so whatever you feel is the best strat, i'm all ears.

kwest, go with the double buy-in. if you flop a monster you want to get paid for it. if you haven't done a rebuy for the first hour and are under 3000 chips, push more liberally in the final 10 minutes. you might score your double-up, and if not you double rebuy and double add on and VOILA 7k to start the next hour.edit :: still don't see tucker in there. register, man!

you still haven't given your name there, kwest. so far just the one sn given:tuckerbuckettime - 17:00 ETplace - absolute pokerevent - $1 Rebuy, $2000 GTDstill have up to 4 stakes on offer, 3 if kwest gives a name.
If you r still taking horses, I will accept your challenge sir......kingerage on AP. TY!

k man, that seems pretty solid, maybe i should switch gears at UB as well...I'm probably missing some opportunities by being a cheap ***.Edit: althought i only shipped my stakee 5 bux yesterday and he pulled down 3rd...yes i'm still in awe of that.

k man, that seems pretty solid, maybe i should switch gears at UB as well...I'm probably missing some opportunities by being a cheap ***.
Yeah, double rebuying at the beginning just gives you maximum value on your double ups. I used to not rebuy at the beginning too, but I consistently have a bigger stack at the end of the rebuy period now that I do.
used the last stake for my gf. she was more persuasive than i would ever want any of you guys to be.
Go on...
k man, that seems pretty solid, maybe i should switch gears at UB as well...I'm probably missing some opportunities by being a cheap ***.Edit: althought i only shipped my stakee 5 bux yesterday and he pulled down 3rd...yes i'm still in awe of that.
NICEEEEE........that was litlebullet right?...hes da man! what was the score?
make me rich tooooooo, lets doooooooooooooit!how long does it usually take?
an earlier one with 244 in it ran just under 6 hours. that looks about right for this one.

litle took down 120 in 3rd, for a split of 62...he could of possibly gone deeper but got real frisky with 22 in the SB, and the CL woke up to AA in the BB...ba dump bum...anddddddddd he was spent. Still it was amazing with what limited funds I had to offer him..I was very impressed.

kwest, go with the double buy-in. if you flop a monster you want to get paid for it. if you haven't done a rebuy for the first hour and are under 3000 chips, push more liberally in the final 10 minutes. you might score your double-up, and if not you double rebuy and double add on and VOILA 7k to start the next hour.edit :: still don't see tucker in there. register, man!
innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnamentssorry... had to fold some laundry for my wife before I was allowed to play :club:
innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnamentssorry... had to fold some laundry for my wife before I was allowed to play :club:
What was her chore? Fixing the car? :D -sw-
In it to win it, lets doooooooooooooooooooooooit!how do we know when the rebuy per. ends?
it ends at the first break. so 50 minutes in, you re-evaluate where you are in chips and whether you need to start pushing, or have made enough to take the double add on & go from there.