day 1 of my 5k quest (warning: long)

Another warning: this will make you a worse player. 308 misplayed hands of retarded craptitude.This is archived on the blog in my signature.Results:-$35.25 after 308 hands of very sloppy piss-poor 1-2 six-max.Hands, or "how not to play":Hand 1: "How do you read the board again?"PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is UTG with Kc, Ks.Hero raises, MP calls, 3 folds.Flop: (5.50 SB) Ac, Kh, 3d (2 players)Hero bets, MP calls.Turn: (3.75 BB) Qd (2 players)Hero bets, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, MP caps, Hero calls.River: (11.75 BB) 8c (2 players)Hero bets, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, MP caps, Hero calls.Final Pot: 19.75 BB3-bet on turn is easy. Too many donks wake up with the second pair. Calling the cap should be less gleeful than I was when not paying attention.River was ridiculous bet spewing after I got raised. I honestly missed the straight possibility because I was, as stated, tired, rusty, and dumb. After the cap, I should see the straight and check-call river. Maybe bet-call if the guy had a higher donk value, but this guy turned out to be weak-tight.Near-pure steal with 22, blinds had been retardedly easy to read. Of course, I misplay it and luck into a river bluff. Again, don't do what I do.PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is Button with 2c, 2d.2 folds, Hero raises, SB calls, 1 fold.Flop: (5 SB) 3c, Qc, Ts (2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.Turn: (2.50 BB) Kd (2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.River: (2.50 BB) Qd (2 players)SB bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 4.50 BBTurn was a botch. In this game both blinds would always try to c/r the flop with top or mid pair, and would wake up on the turn if checked behind by the preflop raiser. Every time, it was uncanny. The turn check let me know I was good, but I shouldn't give a free card with my garbage hand and just be happy to pick it up. Weak check given the blinds' play.Fortunately, the river changed nothing and I'd meant to bet the turn, it was a marginal call despite the results. A raise would have been ridiculous, and I was close to folding as BB could have woke up with his 3 after so little action.Supremely standard AA hand, I was a little worried about table passivity to C/R on a straight draw board.PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is SB with Ac, Ah.1 fold, MP calls, 1 fold, Button calls, Hero raises, 1 fold, MP calls, Button calls.Flop: (7 SB) 2h, 7d, 6c (3 players)Hero bets, MP folds, Button calls.Turn: (4.50 BB) Js (2 players)Hero bets, Button calls.River: (6.50 BB) 4h (2 players)Hero bets, Button calls.Final Pot: 8.50 BBHe call me with 9 high. NINE HIGH! :D Results didn't post for these but he had 89o for the missed OESDPosition plus momentum=goodness. I'll take a shot at intimidating flops like this. But I won't call a bet, or if I'm raised, and I give up if called.PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is Button with Jc, As.UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: (8 SB) Qc, 7s, Qd (4 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds.Final Pot: 4.50 BBDid I mention I played like an utter donk?PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is SB with Qc, Ad.1 fold, MP calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, 1 fold, MP calls.Flop: (5 SB) 4h, Tc, 8s (2 players)Hero bets, MP calls.Turn: (3.50 BB) Jh (2 players)Hero bets, MP raises, Hero calls.River: (7.50 BB) 5d (2 players)Hero checks, MP checks.Final Pot: 7.50 BBCommentary here would be appreciated. Turn play sucked a fat one; I'd like a line after my courtesy bet gets called when out of position here but with outs.How're the turn and river once 4 to the straight appears on the board? I keep waffling between "I missed bets" and "those were zero expectation river bets anyways"PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is Button with 9d, 9h.UTG calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, 2 folds, UTG calls.Flop: (5.50 SB) 9c, 7h, Js (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls.Turn: (3.75 BB) Th (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls.River: (5.75 BB) 5h (2 players)UTG checks, Hero checks.Final Pot: 5.75 BBThe only time to play suited connectors in 6-max. Perfect game, whole table limps. Yes, I did end down for the day. Remember, I had the worst, sloppiest day of play ever.PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is Button with 4h, 5h.UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: (6 SB) Jh, Th, 9s (6 players)SB checks, BB bets, UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds.Turn: (5 BB) 6c (4 players)BB bets, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls.River: (9 BB) 7h (4 players)BB bets, MP folds, CO folds, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 15 BBI was torn on value-raising the flop; If I knew SB was dropping anyways, I should've. I figured I'd rather have a third of the SB's call than the small equity edge of a flopped 4-flush vs. 2 other opponents; Ed Miller would spin in his grave after dying from seeing me weak-tight a shorthanded game like I did tonight.Turn: Pot odds, duh!River: I did not cap due to the craptitude of my flush, and the craptitude of my play. I should have capped as the guy betting the whole way was the only opponent, no typical draw waking up with me.Poor guy, no way to protect his lovely flopped straight with Q8 from the BBI didn't like how I played this AK. I had the raggedy flop but too many opponents and short odds to chase the overcards after discounting the outs they provide. I knew he'd check-raise me if and only if the ace made him 2 pair, he did, I decide to instead draw to 3 outs then pay off the river, because of self-doubt and pot size. Meh.PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is UTG with Ac, Ks.Hero raises, 1 fold, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: (8 SB) 9h, 2c, 5d (4 players)SB checks, BB bets, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.Turn: (6 BB) As (4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, Button folds, SB folds, BB raises, Hero calls.River: (10 BB) 3d (2 players)BB bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 12 BBDid I mention that I missed about 7 bajillion bets tonight thanks to some weak-tight monsters-under-the-bed-oh-god-why-am-I-sucking-so-much-syndrome?PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is MP with Jh, Js.1 fold, Hero raises, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, 1 fold.Flop: (9 SB) 8d, 9c, 3c (4 players)SB bets, Hero raises, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.Turn: (7.50 BB) As (3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.River: (7.50 BB) 2c (3 players)SB bets, Hero calls, CO calls.Final Pot: 10.50 BBGotta bet that turn. Piss poor. Gotta face those overcards with no fear, even with a coldcaller behind you.Habitual coldcaller (CO) showed QQ to beat my JJ and SB's K9. No PF 3-bet, no flop 3-bet, no turn bet... well, at least I wasn't the WORST player in that hand, though I was really bad.Here I make a loose raise from the CO, a loose value bet on the end and luckily my opponent is a nice, gentle fish who doesn't take the opportunity to make me piss myself.PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is CO with Ad, 7c.2 folds, Hero raises, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: (8 SB) Ks, 2h, Ac (4 players)SB checks, BB bets, Hero calls, Button folds, SB folds.Turn: (5 BB) Qs (2 players)BB bets, Hero calls.River: (7 BB) Jd (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.Final Pot: 9 BBFlop and turn: bet til I get raised.River: Value bet is tough with 4 to broadway on the board; a C/R makes me puke but this guy was nicely loose-passive. I wouldn't do this to someone good or aggressive in the least, nor someone who can make even a simple laydown.So there you have it. Some horrendous hands, me getting the results I full-on deserve, and a setback. I'll be back and 100000% better tomorrow.Tonight should be a lesson: focus, slow down, make sure you know what you're doing and why and don't play less than your A game. Hopefully you didn't have any respect for me to lose once you've read to this point :club:

You did miss alot of bets.KK I wouldnt have capped the river.I've noticed that in 6-max games you don't really need to worry as much about 4 straights. Value bet the sets.Why you playing at 1/2?
Well, 500 is stuck in Neteller limbo, thank you crappy Intertopspoker cash out options, plus I will likely do 400 BB for SH games because I'm tight as hell.Sad, huh?Thanks for mentioning the need to valuebet the set of 99, that was one of the hands I felt icky about with no idea why. Like I said, most of them were "click. wait, WTF did I just do?" type situations where I was making the right decision slower than my mouse-finger was screwing something up. That one was legit concern.Also, how come you and KDawg make 6 of these posts, then I end up with the peanut gallery?EDIT: If you keep the blog, update it already, and does KDawg have one? I linked yours in my thing for this.
Not to be an egotistical censored or anything, but you guys really need to work on the writing part of these.
Yeah, my formatting was terrible. I know, I'll get the HH dump plus commentary down. This was 1 post, not like I have 31 or however far you got :club:. I'll have content and value later, too, as opposed to expressions of atypically donkish behavior even for me.Ever going back to your effort, BTW?

don't know if you're multi-tabling, but 6-max 1/2 is probably not a very good hand to multi-table. if you aren't multi-tabling then its a great game but make sure you don't get bored, both with runs of bad cards and with the complete idiocy of your opponents.best of luck - my run at 5000 doesn't start for another few weeks.

Not to be an egotistical censored or anything, but you guys really need to work on the writing part of these.
It's so sad that you have to write "Not to be an egotistical censored or anything" before you give your opinion.Critique hands, bitch. Btw, PM me with your party name, i'll be in 3/6 tomarrow (hopefully).

Not to be an egotistical censored or anything, but...Smash who would EVER accuse you of that?You set em up... and someone on this forum will knock 'em down ( - :