Sklansky Hold'em Poker

Ok guys I need some help.First off I have been playing for about 9 months now and seriously almost everyday for about the last 6 months.I have read Super System, No Limit Texas Hold'em by Tom and Brad, and No Limit Hold'em by T.J. and Tom.My question is do I need to read the book Hold'em Poker by Sklansky or can I just go to Advance No Limit Hold'em? I really don't want to read another book for beginners as I feel for the time I have been playing I have progressed a good amount but at the same time I don't want to miss anything.Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,

could someone compare and contrast SKLANSKY's hold 'em poker for advanced players: 21st century edition.also has anyone read SKLANSKY on RAZZ in one of his other books? i would like to get a book with a good section on razz.

It seems that Santa is going to have quite a load this year and is making some deliveries before the 25th and what do you know he shops at Amazon. I am currently reading Hold'em Excellence by Lou Krieger and will be getting for Christmas Winning Low Limit Hold'em by Lee Jones, Small Stakes Hold'em, Theory of Poker and Hold'em for Advanced Players by Sklansky. I was going to read them in this order1. Winning Low Limit Hold'em2. Small Stakes Hold'em3. Theory of Poker4. Hold'em for Advanced PlayersIs this the correct order to read them? I am very much a beginner and have been playing for a little over a month. Would it be worth reading Hold'em Poker by Sklansky or would Hold'em Excellecnce, Winning Low Limit and Small Stakes Hold'em cover everything in that book?ThanksStephen

I'm a decent player and I've been playing for a little while (a few months), but I've always had trouble with pot odds, implied odds, basically the math stuff. I own a copy of Theory of Poker, but the damn thing's too difficult for me to understand. It reads like a textbook. Anyway, I went and picked up Small Stakes Holdem and I absolutely love it. It reads very well and teaches all the things I needed to know to improve my game. I highly recommend it. Cheers.

There is no reason to read the first Sklansky holdem book if you have Advanced Players. If you are going to play limit under 5/10, the low limit book is more important. If you are going to play limit above 15/30, advanced players is more important.If you are going to play limit between 5/10 and 15/30,( or if you really want to think and learn,) you should read both and understand the reasons for the differences. You can get all kinds of tables in those mid-limits and you have to be able to adjust accordingly.

There is no reason to read the first Sklansky holdem book if you have Advanced Players. If you are going to play limit under 5/10, the low limit book is more important. If you are going to play limit above 15/30, advanced players is more important.If you are going to play limit between 5/10 and 15/30,( or if you really want to think and learn,) you should read both and understand the reasons for the differences. You can get all kinds of tables in those mid-limits and you have to be able to adjust accordingly.
I've read all 3 Sklansky books in discussion and totally agree with what this guy says.

I read Sklansky's advanced hold 'em book and I would say that if you know the odds, how to count outs, etc. you don't need the book. It goes over staring hands and things like that.I think if you know most of the "basic advanced" items like hand selection, counting outs, pot odds, etc you'd be better off reading The Theory of Poker by Sklansky because it has more abstract ideas that will help you out think weaker opponents.

• 3 weeks later...
1. Winning Low Limit Hold'em2. Small Stakes Hold'em3. Theory of Poker4. Hold'em for Advanced Players
Here's how I would do the order: 3,2,1,4. Also I found that the ideas in #4 do not translate 100% to smaller stakes games, but is still a good read. I really enjoy the first section of the book where he talks about strating hand groups and when to play them. Good starting point NO MATTER where you are playing. Some of the other theories translate better to the style and flow of the games at the higher limits as well as the type of players in both games.