please critique this hand.

Playing on a 6 max table. Button is very loose aggressive player who will go all in with top pair, decent kicker. Please analyze my play.Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converterButton ($396.34)SB ($83.4)Hero ($329.55)UTG ($58.05)MP ($197)CO ($182.44)Preflop: Hero is BB with As, Kd. SB posts a blind of $1. 3 folds, Button calls $2, SB (poster) completes, Hero raises to $6, Button calls $6, SB calls $6.Flop: ($24) 2d, Ah, 7d (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $5, Button raises to $30, SB folds, Hero raises to $100, Button calls $70. ( Here I put him on a A with a decent kicker or he would not have called that raise)Turn: ($224) Ks (2 players)Hero bets $100, Button calls $100. ( The thought of a flush draw crossed my mind but I disregarded it because he is calling massive bets from me)River: ($424) Jd (2 players) ( I go all in here even with 3 diamonds on the board, trying to represent a flush, even tho I think I have him beat)Button calls $121.55.Final Pot: $545.55

I'm thinking maybe he had Ax of diamonds here.I think the only thing I may have done differently is to push on the turn. The pot is already pretty big at that point. It sounds like if the button has something like AQ or AJ, he might call you and you'll win a huge pot. If he's on a flush draw, you make him pay huge to stay on it. If he does call on the draw, and hits, you find the nearest wall and proceed to bang your head into it.

This is why I dont like no limit cash games. It's a high variance game. One hand can easily wipe out hours of hard earned money. SnGs is an artificial no limit environment. Only playing for chips. Maximum risk is preset. Much better game on the nerves.

Playing on a 6 max table. Button is very loose aggressive player who will go all in with top pair, decent kicker. Please analyze my play.Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converterButton ($396.34)SB ($83.4)Hero ($329.55)UTG ($58.05)MP ($197)CO ($182.44)Preflop: Hero is BB with As, Kd. SB posts a blind of $1. 3 folds, Button calls $2, SB (poster) completes, Hero raises to $6, Button calls $6, SB calls $6.Smallish raise PF with AKo... granted, you want customers, but 3xbb with two players (one with position on you) isn't going to get the job done. Go up to 5x or 6x bb to really get the party started. I know, I know, you don't want to put too much in with a "drawing hand", but you must! Protect!Preflop play - small mistake, not the end of the world. Weak post-flop play by opponents can easily make up the gapFlop: ($24) 2d, Ah, 7d (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $5, Button raises to $30, SB folds, Hero raises to $100, Button calls $70. ( Here I put him on a A with a decent kicker or he would not have called that raise)Weak lead into a moderate board is questionable. If the flush draw had just called you, you would have given him great odds to chase a flush, but you got in a big fat reraise. He was getting 129:70 to chase his flush after this flop. Realize he raises you $30 on this flop to try to get you to fold something KK-99, but since you reraised he knows you have an A.Consider calling over reraising though. If he has two pair, you're behind. If he has a PP that made a set, you're behind. If he has the flush draw, you will have more leverage over a smaller pot.Flop play - Weak lead into this board more often than not a mistake. Either go for the check-raise (unlikely to happen since you're the preflop aggressor) or bet out stronger. Reraise not a mistake, but highly commits you to the pot. Commits him too.Turn: ($224) Ks (2 players)Hero bets $100, Button calls $100. ( The thought of a flush draw crossed my mind but I disregarded it because he is calling massive bets from me)Less than half the pot in a cash game rarely gets the job done. At this point you want to minimize your risk... this pot is massive, I think you gotta try to win it now. Only four hands are beating you, if he flat-called AA from the button on a trap play boffo for him. If he has KK, he's awfully brave after that flop. Otherwise, you have 4 outs to beat him if he has 22 or 77. If you're ahead, he has 9 outs (flush draw) or two outs (A2 or A7) or dead (Ax). That being said, I think the turn bet has to protect against the flush, welcome the call from Ax, and just pray for mercy from 22-77. Bet $150+ AT LEAST. $100 is a big bet from a money standpoint, but look at it from a "size of the pot" standpoint. This is the way you must look at it playing NL. Of course, his call was still a mistake. I don't think 3.24:1 odds even with impled odds if he makes his flush is enough to make this call.Turn play - Probably a bigger bet in order to really make calling with the flush draw a mistake. You gotta bet this though.River: ($424) Jd (2 players) ( I go all in here even with 3 diamonds on the board, trying to represent a flush, even tho I think I have him beat)Button calls $121.55.Alright, if he has Ax, you have him beat and you want the call, no reason to represent the flush. You want him to call with Ax. You don't want to bluff out the Ax. If you make him fold Ax you lose profit. If the Ax stays in, you win. I think I've said that enough. I think if he had 22 or 77 he would have pushed to protect on the turn, so you shouldn't consider those as reasonable. KK or JJ wouldn't be playing here, not after the flop action with an A on the board. AA would have pushed turn too. So that makes his only likely holding Ax or xx :club: . So against one of them you want the call, against the other you want to showdown cheaply. Betting has no value here. Either Ax calls or folds, but xx :D always calls. Against the hand you can beat you might not get called (this bet has some +ev, but it WILL ALWAYS BE less than $121... the chance of him calling * $121), against the hand that beats you you will always get called (always an ev of -$121, assuming the chance of him calling is 100%). If the chance of him having Ax is 50%, the chance of him *calling* with Ax is 50%, and the chance of him havig the draw is 50% (100% chance he calls w/ this holding) then you get an expected result of:.5 * .5 * $121 - .5 * 1 * $121 = -$60.50Of course, these numbers must be modified based on how well you know the player, if you think he's drawing to the flush, etc. The important thing to note? It is a NEGATIVE NUMBER!The chances of him having the flush have to be less than the chance of him having Ax times the chances of him calling with Ax. To illustrate, if he has Ax 50% of the time and calls with it 50% of the time, the chances of him having the flush have to be LESS THAN 25%!You can see that if you "bluff the flush" all you do is reduce the chance of him calling with Ax. This is not what you want.I don't know the best line to follow on this river. You can't fold (if you check and he bets you'll be getting 545:121, or 4.5:1 odds) unless you're over 78% sure he has the flush. This river card is a disaster if you're anywhere between a little bit suspicious he has the flush (because you sure can't bet for value) up to 78% sure he has the flush (because you can't fold if you're not that sure). What I am sure of is BETTING the river is ALWAYS going to be a losing play, whereas check-calling might lose only occasionally.You have to be 78% sure he has the flush to not call based on pot odds:4.5 times you will lose $121: 4.5 * 121 = - $544.501 time you will win $544: + 544100/4.5 = 22% <--------- winning this % of the time is break-evenRiver play - Massive blunder.

Make sure you keep tabs on that guy, and go to whatever table he is at as often as possible. At that level of play, I can't imagine anyone chasing the bare flush draw like he did. :wall: More money than brains maybe? :doh: