New Challenge (old Challenge)

Being confident in poker goes a really long way, just like it does in life. Poker is a bitch when things are going bad, but if you have the ability to remain confident during the downswings then you bounce back so much quicker. Being downright cocky is actually good in poker as long as you are still able to view your game objectively and make adjustments as the games continue to change.
Haha. Die.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Quick question...J10o in EP, 10NL FR. average table, not aggro or too passive. what do we do with this hand? Ive been mucking but want to know your thoughts.
Is there some requirement or initiation I have to go through to get questions answered in this thread? Not to judge but seems like this thread in the last 75 pages is less info and hand talk than other stuff.
The bolded's good...the other's somewhat unnecessarily harsh.First, it's rather an assumption to say that he didn't lurk. (He has been a member since 2005.) I'm relatively certain that he did read. While his initial style of just posting hands may've been slightly grating, we're pretty open about that stuff and helpfully guided him.He actually has been doing a ton of work with regard to studying and learning. I think that's at the root of why he came in here. And, he's been a winning player at the game in a live setting for many years.I do appreciate the guidance and patience that y'all are showing him, and I appreciate any further benefit of the doubt that you give him as he learns the ropes.Edit: I see that it has mostly been settled.
Cobalt, I was gone so just kind of caught up on all of this. FWIW, asking 7 or 8 questions and getting all of them answered but that first one I quoted up there (although at some point I'm pretty sure he was pointed in the direction of a hands chart since we obviously aren't going to tell someone what hand to raise in every position at the table) and then getting irritated and bashing the entire thread because it doesn't quite flow in the direction he wants it to, isn't the best way to make friends here (and certainly not the best way to get future questions answered). And then once people get pissed at him saying that the last 75 pages aren't a how to on how to play NLHE likes he wants it to be, he goes to the LHE Thread and bashes us. How exactly would you expect people to react?

I apologize in advance for the awful pictures in my sig. :(Does anyone know JC's screen name on PokerStars? Is it PrtyPSux?

I apologize in advance for the awful pictures in my sig. :(Does anyone know JC's screen name on PokerStars? Is it PrtyPSux?
Pretty sure this is correct.
on my new nl journey tonight, +80bb in 250 hands 3 tabling. nl is much easier to multitable.at the same time on two seperate tables i had AA and KK. 3 way action on both pre. Both tables flopped top set. AA one caller, KK one caller for stacks on both tables. AA held, making top boat for 1 buy in, KK lost to runner runner straight vs KJ loosing half a buy-in. Im not sure how to feel. In minbet I would have been lkdajflsghfsdlkfj but its different now... its weird.Edit: Is it ok that I still post in here, i really like you guys and that other thread isnt for me...
I agree with you. Good Luck over there.Edit: Just in case it isn't obvious, that was posted in the LHE thread.
I agree with you. Good Luck over there.
"I just got flamed in the NL thread for jumping into it and going like I did this thread. Did anyone have a prob how I just joined in with this thread?I posted two HH in the 3 days i was in that thread and they said "go to strat". lolI also asked if there was an initiation and that apparently tilted people. "This is bashing Rdog? Really? Ive seen alot worse from the regs in the thread.Edit: Just in case it isn't obvious, that was posted in the LHE thread.

Oh I said this too directly after.

I probably just pushed buttons, i should have eased into their thread tbh
ALso when I mentioned the last 75 pages comment I started it by saying im not judging. It was just something I noticed.
I thought I'd add to this with more specific evidence.Out of the 7 times I have been all in preflop, I have been up against: QQ KK Q7 AA AA KK 99Help is still appreciated!!!
correct me if I'm wrong, this is for 25nl? The full stackers are generally nits (correctly so because...), everyone else generally isn't. If you get 3 bet by a full stacker go cautiously, 4 bet is usually a muck. Beware thinking players who aren't nits, you'll have to play AK more aggressively against them. I personally would have no trouble getting it in with AK almost every time at this level, but I'm a variance monkey (I'm actually not, and may or may not make a post about this at some time soon).I'm sure you don't have to be told but just in case don't 4 bet and then fold AK for any reasonable amount of BB's.In regards to mhowards posts, I had no problems with any of the things he was posting, but I also didn't really pay attention. Mostly cos I'm lazy and what not and also cos a lot of it was standard, ie JTo in EP in full ring. Everyone goes through a baptism of fire in this thread mhoward. The biggest I can remember is Bull, and he is now a much better player because of it. You'll soon fit in here.I also have another condition to the $100 Monday/Thursday offer, I'm allowed to play 1c/2c in order to test out tracker things like auto import and HUDs.
it used to be for sure. i thought he changed it to jc alvaredo though when he went redball.
That's only on FTP, right?

Rdog, sick 10k post. i really like the thoughts on confidence and distractions. you think that you could make more then one in the next 10k that is worthwhile though?? ;)oh and i think i'm finally gonna get off the pl08/nl08 game at the end of this month. i just needa get iron so i can get a ipod touch, but i've been mixing nlh back in and liking it more. even though i still don't run too well :club:

Oh I said this too directly after.ALso when I mentioned the last 75 pages comment I started it by saying im not judging. It was just something I noticed.
It's probably a question of the ages of the threads and their current points. There is a lot of golden stuff in this thread, but more of it is in the middle, right after the "challenge" ended and people just kinda started hanging out here. The LHE thread is still new, people are still getting to know each other and have heaps to share. Here people will post their latest insight but all the (I don't want to say standard or obvious but can't think of a better word) obvious stuff has been posted so now it's more shooting the shit in here.The LHE thread was created to discuss strategy because all the LHE stuff was getting lost in here, So everyone in there is more focused on that at the moment. Eventually you'll become like us.

Obv I was due for running like this after how much over EV I was so far this month, but I still didn't want it to happen, lol.Oh, and this is just tonight's session, not even all of today (where I am down another ~1k under EV)Meh. tonightsesh.jpg

Naismith I absolutely love your sig, but is it possible to make it smaller? It's kinda tilting having to scroll so much.
I would love to make it smaller. If someone can tell me how, I will gladly do it. I'm not very good at the non-poker parts of computering.
"I just got flamed in the NL thread for jumping into it and going like I did this thread. Did anyone have a prob how I just joined in with this thread?I posted two HH in the 3 days i was in that thread and they said "go to strat". lolI also asked if there was an initiation and that apparently tilted people. "This is bashing Rdog? Really? Ive seen alot worse from the regs in the thread.Edit: Just in case it isn't obvious, that was posted in the LHE thread.
Actually you are correct. Bashing is the wrong word. Complaining would probably be the correct one.
Is there some requirement or initiation I have to go through to get questions answered in this thread? Not to judge but seems like this thread in the last 75 pages is less info and hand talk than other stuff.
But this is bashing.FWIW saying "not to judge" or whatever you want to say to try to soften what you are trying to say really does the exact opposite. Cause it makes it even more obvious that you are aware of the point you are making.I wasn't kidding about the LHE thread though. That thread has a completely different flow and has several really nice posters over there. Heck, I hate LHE and I still probably read 1/4 of the content just because I like several of the regular posters (and no Jamie, that does not include you). This thread isn't for everyone and it certainly is all over the place. There are a lot of us that call this home so when you start taking jabs at the thread in general it isn't going to go over well.Edit: I hope it tilts Jamie that one of them is BigD.
Rdog, sick 10k post. i really like the thoughts on confidence and distractions. you think that you could make more then one in the next 10k that is worthwhile though?? :club:
Are you kidding? That was exhausting. No more worthwhile posts until 30k.
I would love to make it smaller. If someone can tell me how, I will gladly do it. I'm not very good at the non-poker parts of computering.
LOL it took me *forever* to figure out that your sig was a comparison between 2 dogs:[Photo of dog A] > [Photo of dog B]
Actually you are correct. Bashing is the wrong word. Complaining would probably be the correct one.But this is bashing.
Could have been worded better and I realized that later so I posted this..."
Yes I guess Im using the LHE thread as a reference of what these threads can be.Edit: Not saying there is anything wrong with this one, just these threads can be such a great resource for info.
I felt I would get more crap if I went back and edited and got called out on it, fwiw.tbh the initiation comment was 90% joke cuz ive lurked here from time to time and Ive seen that said before.The 2nd sentence about 75 pages shouldnt have been said, I dont participate in this thread so I dont have the right to critique (sp?) it.What really set me off was chgocubs99 post after all the work I have been doing with obv Cobalt, thats why he defended me.
Naismith, use these (unless they are too small now, in which case gfy :club: ) -
Thank you. Thank you. No one pay attention to the sig's message, please.