New Challenge (old Challenge)

It's probably because I still live with my parents, but I don't think the bet is as difficult as everyone is making it out to be, at least not for my lifestyle anyway.

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Villains first hand at the tablePokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flop | saw showdownButton ($25)SB ($24.75)BB ($27.60)UTG ($22.20)MP ($24.40)Hero (CO) ($25)Preflop: Hero is CO with Qclub.gif, Qspade.gifUTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, SB calls $0.90, 2 foldsFlop: ($2.50) 2club.gif, 9club.gif, 8heart.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($2.50) 7diamond.gif(2 players)SB bets $2, Hero raises to $6.75, SB raises to $23.75 (All-In), Hero calls $17River: ($50) 8spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $50 | Rake: $2.45Results in white below: SB had 10heart.gif, 10spade.gif (two pair, tens and eights).Hero had Qclub.gif, Qspade.gif (two pair, Queens and eights).Outcome: Hero won $47.55I didn't realize it was his first hand until the turn because I was in the middle of a hand at another table. Is the check on the flop horrible? Is the turn a puke call?

Villain is 35/15/2 drooler. It's a sick spot cause we are deep. Poker Stars $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP: $384.80CO: $47.65Hero (BTN): $393.60SB: $117.75BB: $200.00UTG: $200.00Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with T :club: 8 :ts1 fold, MP calls $2, 1 fold, Hero raises to $8, 2 folds, MP calls $6Flop: ($19.00) 2 :5c T :4h T :3h(2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $16, MP raises to $40, Hero ???
Id fold
Villains first hand at the tablePokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flop | saw showdownButton ($25)SB ($24.75)BB ($27.60)UTG ($22.20)MP ($24.40)Hero (CO) ($25)Preflop: Hero is CO with Qclub.gif, Qspade.gifUTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, SB calls $0.90, 2 foldsFlop: ($2.50) 2club.gif, 9club.gif, 8heart.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($2.50) 7diamond.gif(2 players)SB bets $2, Hero raises to $6.75, SB raises to $23.75 (All-In), Hero calls $17River: ($50) 8spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $50 | Rake: $2.45Results in white below: SB had 10heart.gif, 10spade.gif (two pair, tens and eights).Hero had Qclub.gif, Qspade.gif (two pair, Queens and eights).Outcome: Hero won $47.55I didn't realize it was his first hand until the turn because I was in the middle of a hand at another table. Is the check on the flop horrible? Is the turn a puke call?
Why the flop check? You need to bet flops like this 100% of the time with a strong hand. Just call the turn as played.

My 2009 goals.visit both tre and matt and get them both drunk and get them to both lose the bet.should be pretty easy.I'll take action on whether or not I accomplish this. Parameters being, if I do it, you pay for my travel expenses.ezgame.AND LOL @ NOT EATING CHIPOTLE FOR A MONTH (edit: lol I meant year, but even a month would drive me mad). I'd give my left nut/first born.- Jordan

My 2009 goals.visit both tre and matt and get them both drunk and get them to both lose the bet.should be pretty easy.I'll take action on whether or not I accomplish this. Parameters being, if I do it, you pay for my travel expenses.ezgame.AND LOL @ NOT EATING CHIPOTLE FOR A MONTH (edit: lol I meant year, but even a month would drive me mad). I'd give my left nut/first born.- Jordan
LOL

1. As for In-N-Out and Steak n Shake and stuff, they have drive-throughs. They fall into the no-go category.2. If Tre bails out in April and I make it to Oct, yeah, he owes me $2k. LOL at them assuming Tre bails 1st!On a side note:I know that this is a poker forum and people can say whatever they want. Someone linked my gf to this thread and Mike's post for some reason and she's saying that some of my poker friends are assholes and stuff. I really don't need to deal with this and I'm sure that she shouldn't have to either. Make fun of me for whatever you like, but I don't see other people's wives/girlfriends being dragged into those kind of conversations here, so please don't drag mine in either.Thanks.

ok guys, i give matt a lot of crap about his girlfriend but reading over it i think it could come off harsh to someone who's not matt or myself. i give him so much crap because he's retardedly lucky to run so good to have a really cute girl who supports him living the dream while i still die slowly in corporate america. that said, i'm still going to sabotage him in the bet somehow.

ok guys, i give matt a lot of crap about his girlfriend but reading over it i think it could come off harsh to someone who's not matt or myself. i give him so much crap because he's retardedly lucky to run so good to have a really cute girl who supports him living the dream while i still die slowly in corporate america.
This is all I ask.
that said, i'm still going to sabotage him in the bet somehow.
Bring it on.

LOL @ this bet .... I think the best way for one of you to win the bet is to move to another country!I've been to the US 5 or 6 times for work, and the prevalence of fast food stores is just amazing .. They are on almost every corner.Also, did I get super lucky? My wife cooks dinner 5-6 nights a week .. and we have a 10 month old son :)Quick point of clarification about the bet ... I understand your Sonic Burger, Whattaburger, Red Robin etcetc are all out .. but what about the chains that actually serve decent food, like Macaroni Grill? Is that still out?This will be very tough to do in the US, with the amount of bad & fast food on offer.

Haha Matt, GL with this bet in June and July when all of us are in Vegas for a really, really, really long time.
I'm a man of willpower sir. There are plenty of good places to eat here.
To be honest if Matt/Tre keeps this up until the WSOP they deserve some sort of cash bonus
I'm willing to book up to $2,000 more on myself, but I want 3-1 (I'll risk up to $2k to win $6k) from people who aren't involved in the bet. You're betting against my willpower, but relying on my honesty about where I eat, so keep that in mind if and when you wanna bet against me.

argh, worlds are colliding. i "giggled", but i don't even know either of you two, so, sorry - i guess i can't really beg for a pass based on either of you knowing i was just joking good-naturedly. no offense was meant, though.

Quick point of clarification about the bet ... I understand your Sonic Burger, Whattaburger, Red Robin etcetc are all out .. but what about the chains that actually serve decent food, like Macaroni Grill? Is that still out?This will be very tough to do in the US, with the amount of bad & fast food on offer.
Tre can chime in here, but Macaroni Grill is no different than Olive Garden.There are plenty of places to get bad food and that's not really the bet. If he wants to go to a pub and get a burger and fries and 9 beers, he can do that. It just can't be a pub attached to a Burger King.

Okay so as my Christmas gift to the Challenge Thread I am going to give 1 hour of free coaching. Here are the rules:1. Must have at least 50 posts in this thread.2. Must play 6 max.3. Limit must not exceed 100 NL.4. Must have Skype and Mikogo (or download them).PM me if interested.

guys it's simple.it's called alcohol or weed.i know matt doesn't smoke, and i don't think he drinks much...but i mean, yea...such an ezgame if one of them gets inebriated. tre/matt, watch your drinks. ill be slipping you something and then putting a big burrito or some sonic's burger and milkshake in front of your face.tre, didn't you drive 6 hours once for sonic's?yea, ezgame.

guys it's simple.it's called alcohol or weed.i know matt doesn't smoke, and i don't think he drinks much...but i mean, yea...such an ezgame if one of them gets inebriated. tre/matt, watch your drinks. ill be slipping you something and then putting a big burrito or some sonic's burger and milkshake in front of your face.tre, didn't you drive 6 hours once for sonic's?yea, ezgame.
Rule #1 says it's a bet excluding restaurants, not types of food.OH YEAH, LOL @ Tre driving to go to Sonic. He also told me on AIM today that he has eaten Arby's like 6x this month, which is honestly more than I've eaten that in my life.
Tre can chime in here, but Macaroni Grill is no different than Olive Garden.There are plenty of places to get bad food and that's not really the bet. If he wants to go to a pub and get a burger and fries and 9 beers, he can do that. It just can't be a pub attached to a Burger King.
Interesting ... that makes the bet slightly easier ...So in "national chains" is somewhere like Starbucks included?
Okay so as my Christmas gift to the Challenge Thread I am going to give 1 hour of free coaching. Here are the rules:1. Must have at least 50 posts in this thread.2. Must play 6 max.3. Limit must not exceed 100 NL.4. Must have Skype and Mikogo (or download them).PM me if interested.
I'll take it!