New Challenge (old Challenge)

Yeah I know you werent really comparing them, I just meant that that is a way different type of spew....If you know what I mean.
Both show a lack of being able to give up a pot. Other people raise for info, I am calling for info here but I also think a decent amount of the time I have the best hand.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

OK here's my positions stats...what's up with the different amount of hands in a couple of the positions?
Tables get short and sometimes certain positions don't exist.
OK here's my positions stats...what's up with the different amount of hands in a couple of the positions?
Often, someone at the table will leave and make it 5-handed and 4-handed and thus you get more hands in the CO/Button/SB/BB positions because there is no UTG and MP.

There is a pretty big problem with your position stats. Your numbers in 1, 2, 3 should be drastically different with 1 being the highest. You need to have MUCH different ranges in those spots.

Tables get short and sometimes certain positions don't exist.
Your tables were not always full
Often, someone at the table will leave and make it 5-handed and 4-handed and thus you get more hands in the CO/Button/SB/BB positions because there is no UTG and MP.
Know it alls :club:

25/25 UTG is beyond spewwy I think. In general, the lack of change from positions isn't good. From UTG->Button it definitely should be tighter -> looser. How tight or loose is at your discretion.

There is a pretty big problem with your position stats. Your numbers in 1, 2, 3 should be drastically different with 1 being the highest. You need to have MUCH different ranges in those spots.
QFT Youre raising utg more then otb

Too many posts since my edit so I am going to delete it and post it here.Basically you should have a general UTG range (might change a little based on table dynamics) but as you move to UTG + 1 you should be adding other hands to that range. For instance in that spot, I typically add suited aces, suited connectors, more broadway. Cutoff you should be adding more hands (here I add unsuited aces below A9 that I wasn't raising from UTG + 1, more suited Kings, some suited 2 gappers). Button you should be adding to that range (I add all kinds of trash based on SB and BB, but all suited kings, a lot of suited queens, unsuited connectors and 1 gappers).

Oh, forgot about this until I was talking to Jesse. If you guys didn't see the Mens Swimming 4 X 100 relay last night, you need to watch it. With everything involved, the French trash talking, Phelps quest for 8 golds, it was literally one of the top 10 Sporting Event moments I have ever seen.
So funny story about that. Someone randomly mentioned it in the FTP thread I read on 2p2. But they didn't say outright that we won, just something along the lines of 'Haha suck it frenchies' or something like that. So in Phoenix even though it says LIVE on the olympics everything is like 2 hours behind here. So finally the 4X comes on, and the french pull ahead, and its the last leg, and after 50m our guy STILL hasn't made up any ground and I'm like, WTF??? Because I'm expecting the US to win this right? And I was a swimmer growing up, so while I was never great and have long been out of the sport, I have some idea of racing speeds and stuff. And with 50m to go it is UNPOSSIBLE for Lezak to win this. 100% impossible. He is up against the current world record holder in the fricking olympics. I mean, there is just no way. A full body length with 50 to go in a 100m sprint is just a huge lead.So about halfway down he's closed the gap some. And then he's getting closer. And closer. And even though I thought I knew the US was winning this, I'd lost all hope, so now I'm screaming at the TV. COME ON! GOGOGOGOGO!!! 2nd best race imo other than the Gary Hall Jr/Ian Thorpe classic only because those two dudes trash talked each other constantly, and Hall is a Phoenix guy.Mark

looks like you are playing really passive on the button in 6 max? your won $ at showdown is pretty low on the button so maybe you are calling with too many hands preflop and then calling down to showdown when you hit a marginal one pair hand or something?

As simo would say (<3 simo), you show no positional awareness. RDog's post sums it up pretty well. Your range UTG should be very small, then gradually become wider as you approach the button. 25/25 UTG is terribad though, you need to really tighten up in EP.
So funny story about that. Someone randomly mentioned it in the FTP thread I read on 2p2. But they didn't say outright that we won, just something along the lines of 'Haha suck it frenchies' or something like that. So in Phoenix even though it says LIVE on the olympics everything is like 2 hours behind here. So finally the 4X comes on, and the french pull ahead, and its the last leg, and after 50m our guy STILL hasn't made up any ground and I'm like, WTF??? Because I'm expecting the US to win this right? And I was a swimmer growing up, so while I was never great and have long been out of the sport, I have some idea of racing speeds and stuff. And with 50m to go it is UNPOSSIBLE for Lezak to win this. 100% impossible. He is up against the current world record holder in the fricking olympics. I mean, there is just no way. A full body length with 50 to go in a 100m sprint is just a huge lead.So about halfway down he's closed the gap some. And then he's getting closer. And closer. And even though I thought I knew the US was winning this, I'd lost all hope, so now I'm screaming at the TV. COME ON! GOGOGOGOGO!!! 2nd best race imo other than the Gary Hall Jr/Ian Thorpe classic only because those two dudes trash talked each other constantly, and Hall is a Phoenix guy.Mark
It was so fuckin amazing! I jumped out of bed and yelled and woke up brigette and she yelled at me while half asleep, didn't remember in the morning, but she was pissed at the time, lol.
For instance I have one reg that has started doing it a ton of the time with any equity in the pot (a pair, draw, set, etc). The other day he donked K9 on a AK3r board.
If there is a discussion about donking going on, I'll add this: I'm starting to do it a lot more because pf raisers don't know WHAT to do about it.Mark
OK Jordan here is the HU one. Thank you everyone I had no idea I was so fundamentally unsound. HUposition.jpg
This might be a bit skewed since I raise almost every button but you play kinda tight OTB. I'd raise more OTB and then fold more OOP. Especially at 50NLHU, I think it's important to not play a lot of hands OOP and you'd probably make more money folding OOP instead of 3-betting a lot to keep them off. Again, your WTSD seems really high, either fold more of your marginal hands or bet to pick up more pots because I gotta believe that's a leak.
He's still winning money UTG though, the bigger problem is he is somehow losing money on the button
With only 7K hands I have almost no concern about $$$ won or lost, I know this is not enough of a sample to look at yet. However it is enough of a sample to adjust my fundamentals. Which you are all helping me with nicely, tyty.
And I was a swimmer growing up, so while I was never great and have long been out of the sport, I have some idea of racing speeds and stuff.
I just reread this and this sentence sounds a lot like Star Jones saying: "Well, I was a lawyer, so blah blah"LOL @ me.Mark