Bankroll And Other Stuff

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with $60 shouldn't you play something with a $4 buy in at most?
.05/.10 is as low as it goes for nlhe cash on AP.It's ok, though... I'm consistently winning so far with my hand count of 310 on my demo version of PT! ololololAnd, yes, I've read tons of bankroll advice (Professional Poker / Mark Blade, p5's columns, etc.) of which I all agree with and will utilize as soon as my bankroll allows it. For now, though, I'm just going to luck/box my way into a valid bankroll for .05/.10 :PTopic jacking and talking about myself (pre-warning), I used to play PS sng's and PP cash back in the day, then focused on just a live game in the local area (idiot kid decisions), and now I play live on the side and online with this free money. I've studied a bajillion different things and my game has improved by ridiculous increments in the last 4-6 months fixing leaks and picking up so much more on the mind game (without getting overly creative). I'm liking PT, but I could definitely see how this wouldn't be helpful until I get hundreds of thousands of hands recorded.... maybe if I had the damn thing recording my live and internet games for the last 3 years, I could see some major issues in myself.But over this small small small sample, I am +7.58 BB/100 Hands, 32.04% Went to SD, 42.42% Won$SD, 14.19% PF Raise.. etc etc etc..... 1.02 PF AF, 2.90 Flop AF, 2.78 Turn AF, 5.25 River AF, 1.80 Total AFI know this doesn't mean a damn thing yet, but I am on the right track and looking at the right stats for myself?
.05/.10 is as low as it goes for nlhe cash on AP.It's ok, though... I'm consistently winning so far with my hand count of 310 on my demo version of PT! ololololAnd, yes, I've read tons of bankroll advice (Professional Poker / Mark Blade, p5's columns, etc.) of which I all agree with and will utilize as soon as my bankroll allows it. For now, though, I'm just going to luck/box my way into a valid bankroll for .05/.10 :PTopic jacking and talking about myself (pre-warning), I used to play PS sng's and PP cash back in the day, then focused on just a live game in the local area (idiot kid decisions), and now I play live on the side and online with this free money. I've studied a bajillion different things and my game has improved by ridiculous increments in the last 4-6 months fixing leaks and picking up so much more on the mind game (without getting overly creative). I'm liking PT, but I could definitely see how this wouldn't be helpful until I get hundreds of thousands of hands recorded.... maybe if I had the damn thing recording my live and internet games for the last 3 years, I could see some major issues in myself.But over this small small small sample, I am +7.58 BB/100 Hands, 32.04% Went to SD, 42.42% Won$SD, 14.19% PF Raise.. etc etc etc..... 1.02 PF AF, 2.90 Flop AF, 2.78 Turn AF, 5.25 River AF, 1.80 Total AFI know this doesn't mean a damn thing yet, but I am on the right track and looking at the right stats for myself?
You shouldn't really look at these until you have like 20k hands or so.But, they can still give you some indications.I don't know NL stats, but I think your W$SD seems pretty low.I decided to look at my NL stats, and I'll see if there are any serious deviations. In reality though, NL can be played by so many different styles, that these numbers aren't nearly as important as LHE.Anyways, I think your river AF is WAAAAAAY to high. It should go down by street (at least for limit).I dunno. Hard to interpret NL stats. I'll leave the rest up to someone else, everything else seems standard for me.- Zach

Thanks for the reply... if I might ask, what is River AF? How aggressive I am on the river?funny inkling as I'm posting this ... I just got 89 spades all 3 tables of .05/.10 I'm doing all at the same timeWeird

Thanks for the reply... if I might ask, what is River AF? How aggressive I am on the river?funny inkling as I'm posting this ... I just got 89 spades all 3 tables of .05/.10 I'm doing all at the same timeWeird
Yeah, aggression factor, specifically on the river.It's bet+raises/calls.

aha!Well, another 203 hands recorded, now that I'm getting a tad bit more serious (2-3 tabling for a very short session is all I can do online for now!). River and PF AF went down a tad while flop and turn shot up a bit... I need a bigger hand volume recorded!!!!!!!!!!!!More like I need to actually buy PT instead of just use the demo.

Yeah, buy PT.Don't worry about preflop AF.As a matter of fact, when you go into the "More Detail" screen in PT, check the box to not include it in the calculation of overall AF.Use your VPIP and PFR% for evaluating your PF play.

with NL especially, make sure you are winning and betting and playing a lot more hands on in LP than EP.Overall stats are not nearly as indicative of your grasp of the game as your positional stats, imo,