What Do You Do Here ...

Tournament Details:25 Players25 Remaining5:00 In 1900 in chipsMost players even or closeUTG pick up QQI raise 125.00One call in middle position by player with 1950 in chipsFlop 9-9-3 offsuit.I bet 350.00Re-raised all inAnd you ....

Tournament Details:25 Players25 Remaining5:00 In 1900 in chipsMost players even or closeUTG pick up QQI raise 350.00One call in middle position by player with 1950 in chipsFlop 9-9-3 offsuit.I bet 350.00Re-raised all inAnd you ....
...ask if you have any reads on your oppponents, what the blinds were to determine what they should have called with preflop, and why this hand matters 5 minutes into a tourney

Sorry ... more details ...The caller had only played one hand so far and showed KQoI think the hand matters because I want to push with an edge here...My range on this player would be something like ... AA KK KQ KJ ... But more likely to think AK KQ because I wasn't re-raised preflop so I think I have the edge hereBlinds at 25-50What range of hands do you guys put him on here?

first thing i would do is post this in the strat section because your not going to get to many real responses. 2nd, what was the buy in to this little tournament? how long are the levels? what are the blinds at? any read on the player? ever played with him before? so obviously we need a lot more info before anyone can give you the answers you seek. good luck

first thing i would do is post this in the strat section because your not going to get to many real responses. 2nd, what was the buy in to this little tournament? how long are the levels? what are the blinds at? any read on the player? ever played with him before? so obviously we need a lot more info before anyone can give you the answers you seek. good luck
Sorry ... mods move this if you see it please. Buy in was $20.00 and I had not played with this person before. No notes or anything on him. Levels were 15 minutes. Blinds were at 25-50.
Sorry ... mods move this if you see it please. Buy in was $20.00 and I had not played with this person before. No notes or anything on him. Levels were 15 minutes. Blinds were at 25-50.
based on what youve said, you have to call. youve got 40% of your stack in, and youre getting a good price. if he had KK or AA and slowplayed you preflop, nh him. i woulda worry about trips..im led to believe hes got 99 or 10 10, and thinking you have ak
Was this live or online? Live it's an instacall because of the crapshoot structure. Online it's a call as well actually, but maybe closer.

Conclusion:I call.He flips over 9-3 offsuit.Blank, blank.QQ no good.On to the next tournament.But I just wish I could avoid these coolers.Kicker. "I knew you had KK or QQ"

I agree with the insta-call theory. Pre-flop you were a favorite. If the guy is only playing quality hands, he may mix up his play, and not always raise pre-flop with AK AQ etc... He may be afraid that the initial pre-flop raiser (you) have a better hand, and maybe that's why he just called. The 9-9-3 flop is a crap shoot. With live poker, and online poker being worlds apart, albeit the way players play, and the crazy combinations that come out on the board, I'd say, you might still be a favorite to win. He may have had a quality hand that didnt hit, and is trying to scare you out. There are many possibilities.Chip wise, you're pretty much priced in to call anyway, and your getting good odds on your money, and you've already dedicated a good portion of your stack to this hand. Odds are, if you folded, you'd be stuck waiting for another quality hand and end up having to go all in pre flop and have a race.MORAL OF THE STORY - It's online poker and you can't stop ANY online idiot players from folding pre-flop no matter HOW MUCH YOU BET. 97% of the stupid online community have that "How dare you re-raise me" attitude, and basically call anything out of spite as we all know. Why he called $125 pre flop with 9-3 who knows? Chalk it up to him being a horrendus player who got lucky and you being the more moderate person who did the right thing and fell victim to another complete idiot player who thinks he just made a very professional play.

Side note:Now that I am tracking him I noticed it took him exactly another 11 minutes to bust himself out of this tourney.Have you noticed these types of players growing in numbers?Oh, and this was an online tournament.