No More Atc For Dn -- Tight, Aggressive Here He Comes

I am impressed that DN is back on his game -- as he predicted. It one thing to say you're playing well and quite another to go out and prove it.His performance at the Bellagio in the WPT Doyle Bunson Event is proof positive. DN has spent the last 24-36 months playing almost any two cards (ATC). He's done well with it and has established an image of often bluffing opponents with lesser hands and winning with them. I am in awe of his recent switch to the tight, aggressive style and watching his play in his last two tournaments shows this is working for him. His projected image of the past is serving him well now. He's playing judiciously and not taking quite as many chances. He's seeing the results and becoming more and more confident. My question to the forum is: when will his opponents catch on to the new style?Best --Burgerman

My question to the forum is: when will his opponents catch on to the new style?Best --Burgerman
I don't really think that it matters what his opponents catch onto. When DN is playing HIS game there really is no defense for it because he is one of the best readers of people and situaitons in the game today. I think he said something about that in an interview with CP.

no joke offset. by his own admission, DN is playing much, much tighter -- especially early in the tournament. DN has spent the last three-four years playing ATC. He should be able to go a great run with a style counter to his established image.

He said he was playing tighter in regards to raising and re-raising preflop. He is still seeing lots of flops and playing small ball. I think you confused his comments pertaining to his preflop play, he isn't making lots of raises and re-raises with suited connectors, for example, like he used to. If you want him to play tight aggressive then you want him to lose, because a tight aggressive player will never win a big poker tounrament...ever.

Omaha --Here's what DN said:Some stats:Pre-flop re-raised through day two: 1 (Guess what I had???) AA of course. I was out of position in the blinds so I had to go after the dead money.Bluff Attempts: 6Successful Bluffs: 3Now when I say bluffs, these weren't real bluffs. They were more like, raise with 5s 6s, big blind call. Flop A-Q-J, he checks, I bet small. I have yet to attempt any significant bluffs yet.I guess I'm confused. This would fit my definition of tight, aggressive. And I'd like him to win EVERY tournament he enters.Best --Burgerman

Omaha --Here's what DN said:Some stats:Pre-flop re-raised through day two: 1 (Guess what I had???) AA of course. I was out of position in the blinds so I had to go after the dead money.Bluff Attempts: 6Successful Bluffs: 3Now when I say bluffs, these weren't real bluffs. They were more like, raise with 5s 6s, big blind call. Flop A-Q-J, he checks, I bet small. I have yet to attempt any significant bluffs yet.I guess I'm confused. This would fit my definition of tight, aggressive. And I'd like him to win EVERY tournament he enters.Best --Burgerman
I'm definitely not tight in any way shape or form in the purest sense. I will put money in on more hands than the average player pre-flop by a large margin. How I proceed from there has nothing to do with how tight I play.
I'm definitely not tight in any way shape or form in the purest sense. I will put money in on more hands than the average player pre-flop by a large margin. How I proceed from there has nothing to do with how tight I play.
I'm really getting a kick out of the fact that you have a link to the Britney Spears time travel video as your sig.Nice work.