Christmas Questions

That is so funny. Honestly I think you just broke about 3 rules there in that last comment.bearing false witness, clearly prideful, and judging others.Really don't talk about puting oneself over god, you seemed to do a good job of it yourself.
Where did I do any of that? All you have done is come across as being butt hurt. Yes, butt hurt is a heavily used religous term. Tell you what, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and break down my little staement for you. Lets see where we stand. Here is what I said: Actually, I wouldn't pledge allegiance to anything but God. Countries, and governments, are largely corrupt entities- why would I pledge allegiance to that?It becomes idol worship as soon as you put it before God, and that would be literally anything. Now, it's clearly been shown why christmas has nothing to do with God, and even a scripture reffering to it and tellling christians to avoid it. Yet, Zealous Donkey,Derek Tah, they still want there Christmas. So be it- but understand that as soon as they see the evidence, and then reject it for ther own ideas, they put it before God. On a deeper level, they put THEMSELVES above God, because they put more stock in what they feel vs. what he says. Wouldn't pledge allegiance to anything but God- that's a statement that a christian should adhere to. No pride, no bearing false witness, no judgement. Let's see, Idolatry at the point where it comes before God- yep, that's true to. That could be anything- yep, that's true as well. No judgement,no false witness, no pride. Clearly shown that Christmas has no roots in christianity and therefore not of God- yep, that's true as well. Read the thread. Derek Tah still wants his christmas- yep, that's true as well. See, aforementioned thread. Maybe you see that as judging- I guess that could be taken as judging. I just see it as reading what you say, and then taking your word for it- maybe a little reading in between the lines here and there. Tell you what- you explain to me why I was wrong, and you actually are against the idea of christmas being a holiday, and I will retract my statement. Let's see, as soon as evidence is seen and is rejected for ones own ideas, they put it and themselves before God. I could see how you could call that judgement, but I see it as just plain common sense, since that is exactly what happens when one rejects Gods word for his own- I do it, we all do it at times in our lives. Nobody is perfect, especially when it comes to how God looks at us, it is a lifetime battle to change and adhere to what he wants vs. what we want. The problem isn't that I wasn't right- the problem is that you don't want me to be. As far as putting oneself over God, I do that, true. Honestly, the fact that I can admit that should tell you one thing- I can see it in me, and readily admit it- shouldn't it stand to reason that I just might be able to recognize it in someone else?
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merry Christmas everyone!I got a breath spray that claims that you will believe in god instantly upon use. If I suddenly change my tune, you will all know why.
If you use it and Jennifer Connelly suddenly appears in your bed, send me the rest of the spray. Im ready to believe!
If you use it and Jennifer Connelly suddenly appears in your bed, send me the rest of the spray. Im ready to believe!
Blood diamond dude. yowsa.
Blood diamond dude. yowsa.
I just watched "Inventing the Abbots" for the first time, and I really wish I had gotten the dvd when I was like 14. If it was made by then.So does the same sort of thing happen in Blood Diamond? Not that it's important.