Full Tilt Closed My Account

The story began about 2 months ago. I went to Michigan to visit a friend of mine at college. I played online there and loaned his roommate money, and he paid it back after he got it up a little bit. I have been a loyal customer of their site for about a year, I even have a full tilt poker hockey jersey.About 3 weeks ago, I find out my account is being audited, which I don't have a huge problem with. I have been in communication with them for about 2 weeks. They asked about my association with the screenname "Muckitmate", well this was my friend's roommate, and I communicated the whole story to them. Today, they send me an e-mail saying that there is a slim chance that my account will ever be opened again. I had a decent portion of my bankroll on that site, and now it looks like I'll never have access to it again.Do I have any recourse? I have never colluded, defrauded, or done anything dishonest on their site or any site. Can they just assume that I'm guilty by association? Not even that close of an association, I have literally met the kid 3 times, and he's the cause of the loss of a decent portion of my bankroll? If anybody has close affiliation with full tilt poker, please shoot me a PM or post in this thread to help me figure out this situation.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The story began about 2 months ago. I went to Michigan to visit a friend of mine at college. I played online there and loaned his roommate money, and he paid it back after he got it up a little bit. I have been a loyal customer of their site for about a year, I even have a full tilt poker hockey jersey.About 3 weeks ago, I find out my account is being audited, which I don't have a huge problem with. I have been in communication with them for about 2 weeks. They asked about my association with the screenname "Muckitmate", well this was my friend's roommate, and I communicated the whole story to them. Today, they send me an e-mail saying that there is a slim chance that my account will ever be opened again. I had a decent portion of my bankroll on that site, and now it looks like I'll never have access to it again.Do I have any recourse? I have never colluded, defrauded, or done anything dishonest on their site or any site. Can they just assume that I'm guilty by association? Not even that close of an association, I have literally met the kid 3 times, and he's the cause of the loss of a decent portion of my bankroll? If anybody has close affiliation with full tilt poker, please shoot me a PM or post in this thread to help me figure out this situation.
Have you made any previous posts with more details then this? It is difficult to see where they are coming from with all this. Scary to think they can freeze an account and keep the funds over such things.

i honestly believe your SOL. i mean, its hard to believe theyd shut your account down without their being something more to the story.. even if there isnt, theres no way to do anythign because theyre based out of international law havens such as the isle of man or antigua, etc. hopefullly you didnt lose much man, but good luck arguing with the crappy *** tilt support which takes more than 24 hours to reply for me

I cross-posted on Pocketfives and 2+2. Apparently there are some full tilt poker higher ups on 2+2 and they might be able to help me. The full transcripts of my e-mail conversations are posted on P5's in case anyone wants to read it.I'm not saying that full tilt is bad, they're a great site, it's just that they have made a mistake in this scenario. If anybody has contact with higher ups at full tilt, they can get a hold of me via PM and then IM if necessary.

Read ther T&C's - they can shut down ana ccount at anytime for no reason and keep your money if they want to. you agreed to it when you signed up. Most sites have this policy. It's sort of like a right to refuse service to anyone.

I cross-posted on Pocketfives and 2+2. Apparently there are some full tilt poker higher ups on 2+2 and they might be able to help me. The full transcripts of my e-mail conversations are posted on P5's in case anyone wants to read it.I'm not saying that full tilt is bad, they're a great site, it's just that they have made a mistake in this scenario. If anybody has contact with higher ups at full tilt, they can get a hold of me via PM and then IM if necessary.
links? i wouldn't mind reading those threads..GL getting this mess cleared
Honestly, I'm just happy to see poker sites cracking down on the cheats. If you weren't involved sorry. Oh, and why did you loan him money and then recieve money from him? I'm guessing it was loaned, he was paying you back--come on man.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Yes, I loaned him, once he built his bankroll on the site a little bit, he transferred me the money back. I'm really not sure what you're getting that. It's perfectly legal to transfer funds from one player to another via the transfer option in the cashier.

from p5's"Hello Chris,Thanks for your response. We have evidence that MUCKitMATE has committed fraud at our site. We think you're one of the beneficiaries of the fraud when you received several fund transfers from him. With things are they are, the chances of your account being reopened are pretty slim.We will officially inform you of our final decision in due time. Meanwhile, your account will remain frozen.Thanks again for writing.Regards,LarryN"i'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt here but all through this thread and the 2+2/p5's thread you state that you only sent him money once(a "loan") and that he paid you back and that was the end of it. the email from fulltilt seems to say that he sent you money on several occasions. they also ask you very clearly if you ever played with him after your visit to your "friends house" and you never answer them. this all smells a bit fishy. if i was the auditor i would've most likely closed your account as well.-steal

Full Tilt says there were several transfers to your account from this guy. It wasn't as though he payed back a simple loan--FullTilt isn't out to get you--it looked suspicious, and why not, the story is goofy at best.
I know that's the sick part, I had no clue he was using money to collude.Most people here at FCP know that I'm an honorable person, and would not do anything to defraud, and I appreciate those that have supported me in this thread thus far. Again, if anyone has contacts at Full Tilt, please direct them to me so I can communicate my situation with them personally in real time.

Um, I know Chris personally. He isn't a cheat and his story is legit, so the 'you got what you deserved' posts aren't necessary. He got screwed here by Full Tilt, plain and simple. I've transfered and received transfers from a number of people I don't know that well. If one of them were to get convicted for something, should my account be frozen as well just because at some point they gave/received money from me?Mark

You still havn't answered the board why you recieved multiple transfers from him.
I probably exchanged funds with him on stars. I don't remember, I do a lot of transfers. I'm a nice guy, I guess too nice.
Honestly, I'm just happy to see poker sites cracking down on the cheats. If you weren't involved sorry. Oh, and why did you loan him money and then recieve money from him? I'm guessing it was loaned, he was paying you back--come on man.
Sure, it's legal to transfer money - but then they figure the have you!! Nevertransfer money to anyone again!! And did you they guy who you loaned money to what he was up to?? Did you ask him why he and you are in trouble now?? Perhpas he knows!!!! I bet he does!!

NoSup4U, the FTP support E-mails said that he had recieved several transfers from this person. For the sake of argument let us assume that initial transfer to this MUCKitMATE was $20. Now, if Petoria recieved three or four transfers back from MUCKitMATE each for $20, what is support supposed to think? The E-mails said he recieved several transfers. He hasn't even addressed that issue to us, or support. Come on now, what are WE supposed to think?

I probably exchanged funds with him on stars. I don't remember, I do a lot of transfers. I'm a nice guy, I guess too nice.
We all know that FTP wouldn't mention multiple transfers referring to Poker Stars..
Sure, it's legal to transfer money - but then they figure the have you!! Nevertransfer money to anyone again!! And did you they guy who you loaned money to what he was up to?? Did you ask him why he and you are in trouble now?? Perhpas he knows!!!! I bet he does!!
I did my own investigation after I heard about the audit, and apparently this guy had created multiple accounts. Because of him at least 4 other people have been implicated. One player had over $4000 in his account at the time. I can't confirm if the other people have done anything fraudulent, but I know that I've been completely honest with them.
We all know that FTP wouldn't mention multiple transfers referring to Poker Stars..
I know, i mean that I transferred him on stars and he transferred to me on FTP. Stuff like that.
I did my own investigation after I heard about the audit, and apparently this guy had created multiple accounts. Because of him at least 4 other people have been implicated. One player had over $4000 in his account at the time. I can't confirm if the other people have done anything fraudulent, but I know that I've been completely honest with them.I know, i mean that I transferred him on stars and he transferred to me on FTP. Stuff like that.
Sorry. I smell lies.