correct value raise?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: TJ Eckleburg is Button with [Kh], [Js]. UTG calls, 5 folds, UTG calls.KJo on the button. I hate this hand in NL because it's a huge trap, but I think it's somewhat playable in limit. I would not have played this hand if there were more limpers or a raise to me. But, with one EP limp (and I do have the button) I decide to put pressure on the blinds. Plus fold equity... position... etc... I think this is the way to play KJo in this situation.Flop: (7 SB) [Jc], [4s], [Ks] (3 players)SB checks, UTG checks, TJ Eckleburg bets, SB calls, UTG calls.Clearly I bet top two with a flush draw out there.Turn: (5 BB) [Ad] (3 players)SB bets, SB calls.Turn an offsuit ace. Not a great card, obviously, for higher two pair considerations. Small blind comes out shooting, EP folds. This is important in my mind. Obviously I don't have to worry about EP gettin froggy with AJ, AK, or something like that, and I think the SB would have played back at a button raise with AJ or AK. A4 should have folded on the flop. The 4s is out there, and I have the Js so he can't have a pair and a draw to turn two pair on me yet. The only hand I can realistically see the A helping the SB is QT. The only hands I can see myself being realistically behind to right now is QT or 44. By raising, BOTH of these hands should three-bet me. He doesn't, so I still think I'm ahead.River: (9 BB) [5c] (2 players)SB bets, SB calls.Final Pot: 13 BBLooks like an innocuous river to me. Flush doesn't get there, and I can't see NOT getting three-bet by any hand on the turn that has me beat. I also can't see the 5 helping anybody. My questions are as follows:1) Did I play the hand correctly preflop (in my mind the most important question of all for this hand).2) Was I correct to raise the turn? I realize there were hands out there that had me beat, but I think raising to find out was the correct play. And, again, I didn't get three-bet, which I think counts for something.3) Was the raise on the river correct? I had no unique reads on the table to indicate that 55 or some other huckle nonsense like that was possible.Thanks everyone... results to come.

Given no reads, the play looks fine to me. like you, KJ is not really a hand I like to play, though I understand why you did here (And raised with it no less). I might just call the turn, because .5/1 being the lowest limit at Party, people probably play some weird things there (I play on Stars exclusively, so I can't really speak from experience), but I do like your raise, and a lack of 3-bet does tell you you're probably ahead here (Or your nemesis turned two-pair but fears that YOU somehow turned the straight).Like you, I can't see the river helping anyone. I suppose Someone getting married to 55 and hitting that miracle river is possible, but the fact that SB came out swinging on the turn means we can probably rule it out.

That was pretty much my way of thinking too. The results are surprising. Unfortunately nobody's responded yet! I think the raise on the turn was important, because he came out shooting on the turn and the river... and I can't see him not raising the turn if he was ahead.Post more feedback other people!

Raising pre-flop is certainly debatable, but I can understand why you did it. Besides that, it looks like you played it fine to me.
I don't disagree with the PF raise in the slightest. This hand plays best in a shorthanded pot and he has position
Raising pre-flop is certainly debatable, but I can understand why you did it. Besides that, it looks like you played it fine to me.
I don't disagree with the PF raise in the slightest. This hand plays best in a shorthanded pot and he has position
Okay good then. Like I've said before, limit hold'em is not my forte, so I guess I just learned another new thing.
That was pretty much my way of thinking too. The results are surprising. Unfortunately nobody's responded yet! I think the raise on the turn was important, because he came out shooting on the turn and the river... and I can't see him not raising the turn if he was ahead.Post more feedback other people!
I guess I'm not sold on the SB not having AJ. If they were a passive player, they would just call the PF raise, and really want to bet out on 2 pair hitting, but slow down when they get played back at on both the turn and river. They like their hand enough to bet it, just not enough to go crazy with it. Is this thought way off?I dunno about what the play is like at that limit on party though, so my analysis might be skewed by playing with nothing but fish on micro-limit stars where even 23s would be a posibility. Interested to hear the results though.

He actually had As5s. He flopped the nut flush draw, bet out when he hit his ace, and rivered two pair to beat me. The ol' "drew at one but hit the other and it's just as good" draw. I was pleased I made the correct raise on the turn. I guess my new question is... since I raised the river when I was obviously losing, was the river a correct raise? I incorrectly assumed I was ahead... but I still think it was legit for me to think that I was ahead.

He actually had As5s. He flopped the nut flush draw, bet out when he hit his ace, and rivered two pair to beat me. The ol' "drew at one but hit the other and it's just as good" draw. I was pleased I made the correct raise on the turn. I guess my new question is... since I raised the river when I was obviously losing, was the river a correct raise? I incorrectly assumed I was ahead... but I still think it was legit for me to think that I was ahead.
like I said your line looked fine. Your good so many times there its not funny. No one showed any aggression abck at youso what reason was there to think you were beat. If you just ccall this river you will be missing out on many value bets on people calling you
At this level and against a poor/average player the raise is fine, however at higher levels against better players avoid the raise here.An UTG limper is very likely to have AJ or be playing for a limp reraise with AA, KK, AK. His other reasonable holdings are 99-77 and ATs so it would be about 50/50 that you are dominated.