Dealing With A Min Reraise Preflop

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $0Hero: $58.80CO: $66.90Button: $42.55SB: $30.10BB: $18.90Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K :D Q :)Hero raises to $1, CO raises to $1.75, 3 folds, Hero calls.Flop: 8 :D 2 :club: Q :D ($3.85, 3 players)Hero checks, CO bets $3.85, Hero calls.Turn: J :) ($11.55, 3 players)Hero checks, CO bets $11.55, Hero folds.Uncalled bets: $11.55 returned to CO.River: : ($11.55, 2 players)Results:Final pot: $11.55Nothing remarkable about the villian....not overly loose or agressive. Should i lead the flop here? Check/raise the flop? Most likely folding to a big raise in those spots.

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $0Hero: $58.80CO: $66.90Button: $42.55SB: $30.10BB: $18.90Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K :D Q :)Hero raises to $1, CO raises to $1.75, 3 folds, Hero calls.Flop: 8 :D 2 :club: Q :D ($3.85, 3 players)Hero checks, CO bets $3.85, Hero calls.Turn: J :) ($11.55, 3 players)Hero checks, CO bets $11.55, Hero folds.Uncalled bets: $11.55 returned to CO.River: : ($11.55, 2 players)Results:Final pot: $11.55Nothing remarkable about the villian....not overly loose or agressive. Should i lead the flop here? Check/raise the flop? Most likely folding to a big raise in those spots.
don't check call on the flop. repop the flop, fold to a push.

Without any reads to the contrary I can muck this pretty easily pre-flop, the strength of this hand is murky even if you hit the flop and to find out if you are good it is going to cost you. Raising with a pair in the hole, mid-range suited connector or AK I'd make the call and see a flop, simply because I'm more comfortable with my hand if I hit the flop obviously. I probably even muck AQo in that spot, unless this guy has been constantly min-raising, raising me off hands or bluffing.

i'm gonna go with a different line here altogether.reraise preflop.few reasons - KQo has less implied odds opportunities than KQs, and even less than something like TT or lower suited nectars. even has reverse implied odds if villain's repopping you with KK/QQ. the true implied odds scenario for you is KQx flop or ATJ and villain holding AA, which isn't gonna happen often. so here, i don't worry myself with potentially pricing myself out of a juicy implied odds situation. - if he's got AK/QQ/JJ, he's most likely flat calling a reraise from UTG+1. it gives you a lot more wiggle room on the flop. the problem here is when you hit your hand but have lost control of the betting lead. even if he misses, a 2nd bullet is often making you go away. instead, by reraising you take control over his AK when it whiffs, or force him to fold QQ/JJ when the flop comes with an A. of course, by reraising you lose his cbet when he holds QQ/JJ, you just call the preflop minraise and you hit an overcard on the flop, but that puts you in the precarious situation of making a transparent lead that is easily bluffed away, or c/r'ing and spewing into a flop pot much bigger than a preflop reraise would when you're crushed.- i hate minraisers - i wanna know as soon as possible what it means. some people do it as a cheap steal. others do it to disguise a monster. i want to know what a minraise means as early in the hand, as early in my battle with the villain, as possible. finding out is cheapest preflop.- finally, if you get reraised again and dump your hand, just shrug it off because any remote possibility of implied odds you lost there are more than made up for by the information you've acquired and the payoff when you do this with KK/AA.EDIT - i should add one caveat. if we're pretty sure that the minraise means he has big pockets, we should just call.

I am not opposed to re-reraising preflop to find out the range of a villian's min-raise. It is a cheaper way to define things. If they do a 3rd reraise, you know he's got aces or kings or maybe AK if he's laggy and you can just ditch you hand.I don't think it's wrong to just call it and try to play a smaller pot. You are out of position so if he plays back at your lead or your repop on the flop, you probably have to ditch the hand. If he just flat calls, it gets a bit tricker on the turn.