Stars $150 Last Longer

LMAO, already lost half my stack. :club:* HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to rdog7811 [Tc Th]rdog7811: raises 40 to 60Momheno: calls 60SconCAT: folds adanthar: folds thenut21: folds Aqualung: folds DonTomaso: folds sorerichard: folds Thorbarden: folds *** FLOP *** [9h Td 4h]rdog7811: bets 80Momheno: calls 80*** TURN *** [9h Td 4h] [2h]rdog7811: bets 180Momheno: calls 180*** RIVER *** [9h Td 4h 2h] [6c]rdog7811: bets 300Momheno: raises 500 to 800rdog7811: calls 500*** SHOW DOWN ***Momheno: shows [Ah 8h] (a flush, Ace high)rdog7811: mucks hand Momheno collected 2270 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2270 | Rake 0 Board [9h Td 4h 2h 6c]And yes, i should have checked river. I just did not put him on flush. Any decent player isn't calling an UTG raise in UTG+1 with anything less than AhQh, maybe, just maybe AhJH, but either of those hands are pushing that flop IMO. Couldn't hit the fold button to his raise on the river because, well, I didn't put him on the flush. Pretty much played it like trash.But back to him, who the hell calls a fricking raise with A8 there!!!!
I could be wrong as you guys play a LOT more 150's than me, but from what I've seen from watching, the quality of play in these used to be among the greatest on the net. Since they went to sattelites, it looks like just another donkfest. Not a bad thing, but adjustments are necessary. Right/wrong?
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong as you guys play a LOT more 150's than me, but from what I've seen from watching, the quality of play in these used to be among the greatest on the net. Since they went to sattelites, it looks like just another donkfest. Not a bad thing, but adjustments are necessary. Right/wrong?
yea you are rightbut what do i know i havent cashed in this thing in 40 straight attemptsI would never say the quality of play in these was "the greatest on the net". Its always been pretty crapshooty because of the old 1500 chip structure.The fields relatively speaking used to be tougher, but there have always been plenty of tards.
im value towning that river all day
Believe me, that is what I thought. The problem is, in this tourney, we can't assume the players are good in this tourney anymore. Knowing that, I probably should have checked the river, I think. I don't know, had a big discussion with MSals in IM and we came to the conclusion I should probably check/call there. Mainly due to the donkey factor. Tough hand.
Believe me, that is what I thought. The problem is, in this tourney, we can't assume the players are good in this tourney anymore. Knowing that, I probably should have checked the river, I think. I don't know, had a big discussion with MSals in IM and we came to the conclusion I should probably check/call there. Mainly due to the donkey factor. Tough hand.
meh I will think about it, I think you are just playing results though
yea you are rightbut what do i know i havent cashed in this thing in 40 straight attemptsI would never say the quality of play in these was "the greatest on the net". Its always been pretty crapshooty because of the old 1500 chip structure.The fields relatively speaking used to be tougher, but there have always been plenty of tards.
Exaggeration, or Literally?
Yeah, exactly why I should have checked river. I was wrong to assume I was up against a good player. Against a good player I think I have to bet the river.
Exaggeration, or Literally?
100% factnice exit to FTP 150:Full Tilt Poker Game #1315980385: $35,000 Guarantee (8659622), Table 41 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:34:17 ET - 2006/11/27Seat 1: BluesBassGuy (11,035)Seat 2: Jewbacastein (8,180)Seat 3: dipthrong (5,370)Seat 4: FUlaw (3,045)Seat 5: indica (8,260)Seat 6: SpookyAction (2,320)Seat 7: Pay My Bills B (5,840)Seat 8: HoosierAlum (1,420)Seat 9: cobere32 (10,680)HoosierAlum posts the small blind of 80cobere32 posts the big blind of 160The button is in seat #7*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to HoosierAlum [Qs Ah]BluesBassGuy foldsJewbacastein foldsdipthrong has 15 seconds left to actdipthrong is sitting outdipthrong has timed outdipthrong foldsFUlaw foldsindica foldsdipthrong has returnedSpookyAction raises to 560Pay My Bills B foldsHoosierAlum raises to 1,420, and is all incobere32 foldsSpookyAction calls 860HoosierAlum shows [Qs Ah]SpookyAction shows [Kh 3h]*** FLOP *** [2s 9h Kd]*** TURN *** [2s 9h Kd] [9d]HoosierAlum: lolllllllll*** RIVER *** [2s 9h Kd 9d] [7h]HoosierAlum shows a pair of NinesSpookyAction shows two pair, Kings and NinesSpookyAction wins the pot (3,000) with two pair, Kings and NinesHoosierAlum stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3,000 | Rake 0Board: [2s 9h Kd 9d 7h]Seat 1: BluesBassGuy didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: Jewbacastein didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: dipthrong didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: FUlaw didn't bet (folded)Seat 5: indica didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: SpookyAction showed [Kh 3h] and won (3,000) with two pair, Kings and NinesSeat 7: Pay My Bills B (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 8: HoosierAlum (small blind) showed [Qs Ah] and lost with a pair of NinesSeat 9: cobere32 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Yeah, exactly why I should have checked river. I was wrong to assume I was up against a good player. Against a good player I think I have to bet the river.
why do you say this? I think against a good player it becomes check/call to induce them to bluff. Good/tricky players will just smooth call the turn here with a made flush, so value betting the river against them becomes more shady. Against a poor player more often than not he has A10-J10, KQ, or maybe he was calling u down with 2nd or 3rd pair so value betting the river is better against them.
why do you say this? I think against a good player it becomes check/call to induce them to bluff. Good/tricky players will just smooth call the turn here with a made flush, so value betting the river against them becomes more shady. Against a poor player more often than not he has A10, KQ, or maybe he was calling u down with 2nd or 3rd pair so value betting the river is better against them.
im pretty sure i check this river this early in the tournament almost every time... if ur deeper in the tourny and have a read on the player knowing hes been calling down weak thats one thing, but in this case that doesnt factor in. It's so early and you have so few chips that if you make a bet and get raised your stumped and liable to be crippled if he has flush, whereas if you check/call you control the pot size and leave yourself with a managable stack if you lose the hand, and still rake a nice sized pot if he has air or a lower set etc..
im pretty sure i check this river this early in the tournament almost every time... if ur deeper in the tourny and have a read on the player knowing hes been calling down weak thats one thing, but in this case that doesnt factor in. It's so early and you have so few chips that if you make a bet and get raised your stumped and liable to be crippled if he has flush, whereas if you check/call you control the pot size and leave yourself with a managable stack if you lose the hand, and still rake a nice sized pot if he has air or a lower set etc..
I think youre missing out on way too much value here against a ton of hands you beat that will prob check behind you on the river. Ppl wont bluff this river enough to make checking>v betting.
why do you say this? I think against a good player it becomes check/call to induce them to bluff. Good/tricky players will just smooth call the turn here with a made flush, so value betting the river against them becomes more shady. Against a poor player more often than not he has A10-J10, KQ, or maybe he was calling u down with 2nd or 3rd pair so value betting the river is better against them.
Do you know any good players that are just calling that flop with AhQh? I mean what hands do you put a good player on that makes the flush that just calls the flop bet?
I think youre missing out on way too much value here against a ton of hands you beat that will prob check behind you on the river. Ppl wont bluff this river enough to make checking>v betting.
What hands do you think will call a 300 chip bet here on the river here but won't bet if checked to?
What hands do you think will call a 300 chip bet here on the river here but won't bet if checked to?
Almost every 1 pair hand. Most ppl arent making thin value bets on the river with those hands
Almost every 1 pair hand. Most ppl arent making thin value bets on the river with those hands
You don't think a lot of those hands are trying to rep the flush on river? Honestly, this is a tough hand. Haven't decided if I played it correctly or if the side I am arguing is better but I am obviously still on the side of checking.

degenerates!!!!!!!lol just joking... seriously the way i play i think i could jump in one of these last longers and not even play and still have the same chance of winning if i did play the tourney.

No most of the 1 pair hands are content with checking it down hoping it is good.
Well I do!!!! Probably, maybe. Oh, and answer my question up there about what hands make the flush by good players that don't push the flop.
Well I do!!!! Probably, maybe. Oh, and answer my question up there about what hands make the flush by good players that don't push the flop.
Its still real early in the tournament, quite a few good players call early on with low suited connectors and not all ppl want to get it all in on the flop with flush+gutter in the first/second level. But again, that is another reason to value bet the river. Hands like QJhh AQhh KQhh are prob ramming the flop, so its even MORE unlikely they have the flush, good player or bad.edited
What is all this poker discussion going on?
i know who would have thunk it for this to be going on in a forum like fcp... WHERE HAVE ALL THE TARDS RUN TO? EDIT--- NVM RDOG IS HERE
Its still real early in the tournament, quite a few good players call early on with low suited connectors. But again, that is another reason to value bet the river. Hands like QJhh AQhh KQhh are prob ramming the flop, so its even MORE unlikely they have the flush, good player or bad.edited
Dude, stop saying I played it well already :club:. I'm a donk, get over it.
i know who would have thunk it for this to be going on in a forum like fcp... WHERE HAVE ALL THE TARDS RUN TO? EDIT--- NVM RDOG IS HERE
Never fear RDog tard is here.