how much money should i buy into pokerstars?

If you're still a novice, why not start at the penny games? It doesn't do any harm to start at the lowest limits. I started my online BR with a $10 deposit and played penny games. You learn the basics, move up a bit and your BR should slowly build with your skill. I'm glad I did that rather than go straight ahead and deposit $100 to play the 0.10/0.25c games.Just a thought.

If you're still a novice, why not start at the penny games? It doesn't do any harm to start at the lowest limits. I started my online BR with a $10 deposit and played penny games. You learn the basics, move up a bit and your BR should slowly build with your skill. I'm glad I did that rather than go straight ahead and deposit $100 to play the 0.10/0.25c games.Just a thought.
Good advice, if you're a novice start as low as you can. Learn the basics and move up when you're a consistant winner. No need to lose money making mistakes at .10/.25 when you can do it at .01/.02 .

GAH!The 300XBB (BB here meaning Big Bet) rule is for LIMIT play.For NL, you want 1500XBB (Here it means Big Blind, OMG TEH CONFUSION), so to play at $.10/$.25 NL, you would want $375(!).And I do agree that there's no shame with starting off at the lowest limits and working up. Heck, see if you can't learn a new game at those low limits; you may pick up something you like (Both variants of micro-limit Omaha are gold mines if you're patient).

GAH!The 300XBB (BB here meaning Big Bet) rule is for LIMIT play.For NL, you want 1500XBB (Here it means Big Blind, OMG TEH CONFUSION), so to play at $.10/$.25 NL, you would want $375(!).And I do agree that there's no shame with starting off at the lowest limits and working up. Heck, see if you can't learn a new game at those low limits; you may pick up something you like (Both variants of micro-limit Omaha are gold mines if you're patient).
What about if I started at the .05/.10 ? I've played that and the .01/.02 on a 20$ buy in. The only thing lower than that is the 1 cent 2 cent and I don't think that is worth my time.