A New Fcp Chat Room For The Transition And Beyond!

I'll be honest, the chat room was way too quiet this weekend! Aside from zsta and troyo making your moms so fat jokes...heh. At it's peak we had 30+ people in there though.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps the instructions are not clear enough :Danother way aside from the website/PIRCH98, is the MIRC client..which i think many people will find easier to use then PIRCH.www.mirc.com - download the latest client from whichever mirror you like. Install the program and when you run it it will come up with a box "about mirc" box. This will appear each time you run mirc, however you do not need to register ever. After your 30 day trial is up, the continue box will simply take a little longer to become clickable.click continue, and another box will pop up asking for full name, email etc. Fill those out then click OK.type /server irc.holonet.org , and once it has connected type /j #fcpas i said, mirc is probably alot easier to use the PIRCH98, so for those who were having trouble with it..have a go with this client.anyone who is worried about viruses etc need not, unless you accept a DCC (direct client connection i think) send from someone there is no way for your PC to get infected.everyone should really get behind this because it is a very easy way to communicate with people (to pm you simply double click the persons name and another chat window will open). Just dont copy/paste things that are really long as you will probably get kicked off the network for excess spam :)

perhaps the instructions are not clear enough :Danother way aside from the website/PIRCH98, is the MIRC client..which i think many people will find easier to use then PIRCH.www.mirc.com - download the latest client from whichever mirror you like. Install the program and when you run it it will come up with a box "about mirc" box. This will appear each time you run mirc, however you do not need to register ever. After your 30 day trial is up, the continue box will simply take a little longer to become clickable.click continue, and another box will pop up asking for full name, email etc. Fill those out then click OK.type /server irc.holonet.org , and once it has connected type /j #fcpas i said, mirc is probably alot easier to use the PIRCH98, so for those who were having trouble with it..have a go with this client.anyone who is worried about viruses etc need not, unless you accept a DCC (direct client connection i think) send from someone there is no way for your PC to get infected.everyone should really get behind this because it is a very easy way to communicate with people (to pm you simply double click the persons name and another chat window will open). Just dont copy/paste things that are really long as you will probably get kicked off the network for excess spam :club:
The instructions are both incredibly clear AND I included an "I am a computer dummy give me the easiest way" backup method.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Let's go people! We need more people to join!For those of you that have used IRC before - this will be easy and a no-brainer. For those of you that have not, I would be glad to help you set it up. What I basically propose is that we have a chat room setup for us to all "play" in. It is clear we are all transitioning away from the old software and waiting for the new software. Rumor also has it there will not be a chat feature immediately available upon joining our new home. So I propose we make our own.For the people who know what IRC is and how to use it, here is all you need.Server: IRC.Holonet.ORGPort: 6667 (default)Channel: #FCPPlease feel free to register and come hang out. For those of you interested but pretty clueless what IRC is and how to use it, read on!IRC Stands for Internet Relay Chat. Their are programs out there that let you connect to IRC servers, join chat rooms (called Channels and donated by a name with # in front of it), and chat.I can go deeply into commands and details and stuff that won't interest most of you. But in it's simplest form, it is just a chat room. All you have to do to get to the chat room is the following. OPTION 1 - Download program - get full features1) Go here and download PIRCH98. http://www.pirch.com/software.html 2) After installing and running the program, hit the Login button on the top left corner.3) Under 'IRC Network' type in a name for the network, it's real name is Holonet but you can name it FCP Chat or whatever. Under 'server' type in irc.holonet.org - Change your Name if you feel like it, or put anonymous, whatever. Next to 'Nickname', put what you want your name to show up as, ie your forum or poker client name.4) Check off Auto-connect and hit the connect button. That window will close and u should be connecting to the server now. If it looks like nothing happened you can hit the connect button again on the left. 5) type /join fcpThat is it, you should be in the chatroom - and it will probably be mostly empty to start. But hang out if you can and lets make this a fun place to hang out with the FCP community.OPTION 2 - The easy no feature wayGoto the website irc.holonet.org - You can click on Looking to chat. Enter in a nickname and FCP as the channel, and boom. You can join our room.This is WAY easier then the other way, but remember you are going to be on a very plain java chat with no features. Still good for people that don't want to be bothered with the download though!Questions/Comments/Criticisms?P.S. Unless nobody wants a chat room or there is a reason why we shouldn't want this - I think this should be stickied.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's got more people then the FCP client and no chat filters! :-) Don't be shy! Even Canadians are allowed (at least for a couple more weeks, then we might have to stop it).

I guess I'll try registering when the weed wears off, because I have no clue what the directions said.
You can just keep it to the forums, thanks :)4 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)3 Members: Yoda, TopDollar!, silkyjonsonJust go away !
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For those of you that have used IRC before - this will be easy and a no-brainer. For those of you that have not, I would be glad to help you set it up. What I basically propose is that we have a chat room setup for us to all "play" in. It is clear we are all transitioning away from the old software and waiting for the new software. Rumor also has it there will not be a chat feature immediately available upon joining our new home. So I propose we make our own.For the people who know what IRC is and how to use it, here is all you need.Server: IRC.Holonet.ORGPort: 6667 (default)Channel: #FCPPlease feel free to register and come hang out. For those of you interested but pretty clueless what IRC is and how to use it, read on!IRC Stands for Internet Relay Chat. Their are programs out there that let you connect to IRC servers, join chat rooms (called Channels and donated by a name with # in front of it), and chat.I can go deeply into commands and details and stuff that won't interest most of you. But in it's simplest form, it is just a chat room. All you have to do to get to the chat room is the following. OPTION 1 - Download program - get full features1) Go here and download PIRCH98. http://www.pirch.com/software.html 2) After installing and running the program, hit the Login button on the top left corner.3) Under 'IRC Network' type in a name for the network, it's real name is Holonet but you can name it FCP Chat or whatever. Under 'server' type in irc.holonet.org - Change your Name if you feel like it, or put anonymous, whatever. Next to 'Nickname', put what you want your name to show up as, ie your forum or poker client name.4) Check off Auto-connect and hit the connect button. That window will close and u should be connecting to the server now. If it looks like nothing happened you can hit the connect button again on the left. 5) type /join fcpThat is it, you should be in the chatroom - and it will probably be mostly empty to start. But hang out if you can and lets make this a fun place to hang out with the FCP community.OPTION 2 - The easy no feature wayGoto the website irc.holonet.org - You can click on Looking to chat. Enter in a nickname and FCP as the channel, and boom. You can join our room.This is WAY easier then the other way, but remember you are going to be on a very plain java chat with no features. Still good for people that don't want to be bothered with the download though!Questions/Comments/Criticisms?P.S. Unless nobody wants a chat room or there is a reason why we shouldn't want this - I think this should be stickied.
This bump is for Dos Rockets. Drop by IRC and say hi.
  • 1 month later...

do people actually still come here, and by any chance can it get moved to efnet since that's all i go to now?

do people actually still come here, and by any chance can it get moved to efnet since that's all i go to now?
yea, for real, I'd have a channel open if it was on efnet

You people are just lazy, the latest mIRC versions allow connections to multiple servers. It's just one extra window on the status bar, like joining a new channel. The room is not usually super busy. There is a regular crowd of about a dozen FCP'ers that hang out there while working, playing, being bored etc. We are always open to new people coming and hanging and wasting time. But if you join I would not expect a 30 person active room going on, not yet anyway :club: If more FCP'ers come, stay, visit often, who knows.Frequent customers = Me, Janfor99, MoChipsPls, Zsta2k6/7, Santzes, Flyingdonkey, qyaqi, 2bthebest - random visits from Troyomac, Symbolic, pocket3s, WKTSWAY, others...I can't think of the rest.Feel free to idle and chat and build it up to it's busiest days. We had 10-15 people a night during it's peak.