Heads Up River Decision.

I don't remember all the details of the hand, but I'll try my best. Villian has the button and completes, I check with a weak 3 card draw, he draws 2. I improve a little and we check through. We both draw 2 and I improve to a one card 8-6 draw. I bet, he calls, we both draw one and I catch a T. Reads on this villian: Several hands ago he called with Q high on the river when I paired up and tried to bluff after he checked to me, so he may call with a high card thinking I'm trying again. If I check to him, he may bluff if he paired up, but won't bet if he caught a high card. He'll never fold anything that beats me here if I bet, and probably won't value bet anything worse than an 8. What's your line? a) Check-call B ) check-fold c) bet

• 2 weeks later...

I do not play much triple draw, frankly i have never played it except in a home game for fun, but i have read alot about it and from the way this hand played...i would say he is either drawing to a 7 or 8 like you, since you both drew one card, it is currently the luck of the draw, i think you have to check call here.

• 2 weeks later...

this is largely a feel-based situation based on your read of the villain. there are players that i'd c/f against if they bet, players that i'd value bet, others i'd c/r, and others i'd c/c.from what you've said about the villain, it sounds like he's a guy you'd want to value bet against, so i like your line. NH.

I don't remember all the details of the hand, but I'll try my best. Villian has the button and completes, I check with a weak 3 card draw, he draws 2. I improve a little and we check through. We both draw 2 and I improve to a one card 8-6 draw. I bet, he calls, we both draw one and I catch a T. Reads on this villian: Several hands ago he called with Q high on the river when I paired up and tried to bluff after he checked to me, so he may call with a high card thinking I'm trying again. If I check to him, he may bluff if he paired up, but won't bet if he caught a high card. He'll never fold anything that beats me here if I bet, and probably won't value bet anything worse than an 8. What's your line? a) Check-call B ) check-fold c) bet
Are we assuming that he will call with anything A and lower and that he will value bet when checked to with an 8 or lower and that he MAY bluff if he pairs up? if this is the case then you have to bet, heres whyyou lose the same amount either way when he makes his 8 since youd have to call a bet on the river. There are 16 cards J-A (minus any you discarded) that will make you an extra bet if you lead out. There are four 9s that will cost you a bet, and we'll count two of the three remaing Ts (because its possible youre drawing smoother than he is). Thats a net of ten cards in favor of betting out. There are AT MOST 12 cards that will pair him up (minus any you share or have discarded, and you probably share at least 2) and he will only bluff SOME of the time when he pairs up. So unless some of the time means 5/6 times, it looks like +EV to bet out.Unless I screwed this up somehow.Oh and if he is capable of raising as a bluff, then that might change things.