Daniel Playing 50/100 NL

saw him stack the guy he was playing when he called a river overbet with j8 on a j t 9 2 9 board with j8... then a few hands later he got stacked with 3d5d on a three diamond flop against 8d10d or something... cooler city.

saw him stack the guy he was playing when he called a river overbet with j8 on a j t 9 2 9 board with j8... then a few hands later he got stacked with 3d5d on a three diamond flop against 8d10d or something... cooler city.
Wouldn't call it a cooler...
I think he was talking about two players flopping flushes..but, I'm not that smart..so you're probably right.
That was intriguing sarcasm for a couple of reasons...the most notable being that it makes it difficult for me to reply wittingly, and impossible for me to admit you were right without my remarks appearing sarcastic. However...the fact remains, I probably misread it, and YOU are right.
I think he was talking about two players flopping flushes..but, I'm not that smart..so you're probably right.
Daniel seems to get himself into more 'cooler' situations than others. But I think the reaosn for the fact that you see him outdrawn or coolered more than others is because he plays far more 'tricky' hands than others (e.g 5 3 suited).This is why he wins so many pots, as he can outplay people post-flop, but of course this does not work every time.But a 5 high flush on a paired board is not cooler city imo.
That was intriguing sarcasm for a couple of reasons...the most notable being that it makes it difficult for me to reply wittingly, and impossible for me to admit you were right without my remarks appearing sarcastic. However...the fact remains, I probably misread it, and YOU are right.
very well said.
Daniel seems to get himself into more 'cooler' situations than others. But I think the reaosn for the fact that you see him outdrawn or coolered more than others is because he plays far more 'tricky' hands than others (e.g 5 3 suited).This is why he wins so many pots, as he can outplay people post-flop, but of course this does not work every time.But a 5 high flush on a paired board is not cooler city imo.
You do realize that the JT992 hand and the 35d hand are two completely seperate hands right? Am I in the twilight zone? Do you guys read anymore? Hand 1) Stacked a guy with J8 on JT992 board.Hand 2) He flopped a flush with the 35d versus the T8d...and yes, you're right, Daniel does get coolered 'more often' because he plays hands with low starting value 'more often' than most.

The minimum cooler standard is probably lower in high stakes games.If you're deep stacked in a low stake passive game, flopping the lowest flush and losing to a higher one isnt necessarily cooler material.If it's in a high stakes super aggressive game, you're rarely folding a flopped flush unless you're REALLY deep.

You do realize that the JT992 hand and the 35d hand are two completely seperate hands right? Am I in the twilight zone? Do you guys read anymore? Hand 1) Stacked a guy with J8 on JT992 board.Hand 2) He flopped a flush with the 35d versus the T8d...and yes, you're right, Daniel does get coolered 'more often' because he plays hands with low starting value 'more often' than most.
Sorry dude, thought it was the same hand! I will pay much finer detail to reading the posts in future b4 I post!!!Glad you agree that his tricky play trips him up more than others though..
Sorry dude, thought it was the same hand! I will pay much finer detail to reading the posts in future b4 I post!!!Glad you agree that his tricky play trips him up more than others though..
No problem.But, I think using the word 'cooler' can be very misleading. When you play hands with low starting value, you're going to get smacked in the mouth occasionally. No matter what kind of glorious flop you might hit with 35d, you're very rarely going to have a 'nut' hand or close to it. You play 98s, flop top two and run into middle set. You play 35d and run into AK/AQd, these things happen. It's also the reason that unless you're VERY skilled and know when/where to save money/drop your hand, you'll eventually go broke playing this style. Daniel's a good enough player he can get away with it--most of us aren't. You can have 98s and I'll take AQo all day.