Checking In The Dark

Last night I went up to The Commerce with a buddy of mine and played 1/2 NL $100 max buy-in. This isnt my usual game but just wanted to do something different. I dont know why but half the people on the table would check in the dark almost every other hand. Before then I had really only seen this on TV and thought it was kind of a weak move.Is there any real bennifit to doing this?

Last night I went up to The Commerce with a buddy of mine and played 1/2 NL $100 max buy-in. This isnt my usual game but just wanted to do something different. I dont know why but half the people on the table would check in the dark almost every other hand. Before then I had really only seen this on TV and thought it was kind of a weak move.Is there any real bennifit to doing this?
There actually is a thread about this In General Strategy 2 pages deep, go check it out! :club:
I always check in the dark to make sure the hooker I brought home is actually a woman.
FINALLY! Someone who I can relate too. Remember the first time it was a big hand full of nuts. I was pissed.No, on a serious note though, I love checking in the dark with KK or QQ and watch the other players bet their life away on a J high board.It works.Just remember Betting in the Dark>Checking in the Dark.
FINALLY! Someone who I can relate too. Remember the first time it was a big hand full of nuts. I was pissed.No, on a serious note though, I love checking in the dark with KK or QQ and watch the other players bet their life away on a J high board.It works.Just remember Betting in the Dark>Checking in the Dark.
I always love hwen I check in the dark with KK and Arag checks behind, then an Ace comes.
I always check in the dark to make sure the hooker I brought home is actually a woman.
You have to check in the dark there because the last thing you want to find there is the nuts