A much debated topic is why different races appear to excel at different sports/disciplines. Many have got themselves in deep water with articles. Broadly speaking, it has much to do with fast and slow twitch fibres we have. On average, we have a balance of 50/50 fast/slow twitch fibres.It's been suggested genetics plays its part and world-class athletes have a balance which is suited to their discipline. Short-distance 'turn-of-foot' athletes have conditioned themselves upto 80/20 in favor of fast twitch fibres and the opposite for endurance related athletes. Although genetics plays its part, it must be remembered that people do not discover their talent straight away. You only have to look at Donovan Bailey which backs this claim. From successful city stockbroker to double gold medal winner and 100m world record holder in 1996.Why has no white person run under 10 seconds? Possible theory is either white people have a lower balance at birth, favoring slow, and/or black people have a higher balance at birth, favoring fast. Even after conditioning the fast-twitch fibre for many years, white people will always be that one step behind when it comes to turn-of-foot or burst sprinting at world-class level. It would not surprise me if a white person does not win an Olympic or World Games 100m sprint again. Never say never? Never will a white person hold the 100m world record. Won't happen. End of. The last white person to win an Olympic gold in 100m sprint was a Scottish man, Allan Wells in 10.25secs. Although, this was at the 1980 games held in Moscow, in which many nations boycotted, including USA. Enough said.The science of sport is very interesting for those who like to delve deep into whys and hows of world-class althletes.Further reading can found by googling the following people:Jean-Philippe RushtonJon Entine

Daniel is completely right about this being so taboo when people should be able to talk about without being accused of racism. A few weeks ago I started a thread in General Sports about this very topic and it got locked. Our society is too politically correct.

All I can think of is POOR Sammy the Greek, losing everything he had from a professional standpoint for being honest and espousing these very same sentiments.It is what it is.20/20 is right on the mobney. I grew up in Detroit with many races as friends and we never had a problem giving each other "Race Grief" but there were lines we never crossed. :club:

All I can think of is POOR Sammy the Greek, losing everything he had from a professional standpoint for being honest and espousing these very same sentiments.It is what it is.20/20 is right on the mobney. I grew up in Detroit with many races as friends and we never had a problem giving each other "Race Grief" but there were lines we never crossed. :club:
Do you mean Jimmy the Greek?

Here is an interesting article on why some races from certain regions excel in certain sports.http://www.jonentine.com/skeptic/entine.htmIt pretty interesting and I remember a bool being written about 5 years ago on the subject, I will search for it and post it if I find it. I remember the author being interviewed and he basically was saying that certain people of african decent excel in different areas, e.g Black people that are of Knyan decent and the surrounding region are better gentically for distance runners because of the region the live and 100's of generations of evolution. I believe the same was said about Black people form Nigerian decent regading sports that require fast twitch muscles (basketball, football, sprinting). Then also inside of each race, white black asian etc. in the top 1 or 2 % are individuals who have an abnormally high aptitude in their specific gentich strengths.It seems very logical and if you just llok at the way sports teams are made up, I would guess if you look at black running back for instance that most of them would trace the bulk of their genetics back to one of those fast twitch muscle regions.I also remeber hearing him say that even though many black families of african decent have been in america for 10 or more generations, and are sure to have blending or races or people of different regional backgrounds, that it is too small of a time period to erase thousands of years of evolution.Here it is It is called:Taboo : Why Black Athletes Dominate Sports and Why We're Afraid to Talk About It http://www.amazon.com/Taboo-Athletes-Domin...d/dp/1891620398it is the same author as the article from above

DN failed to mention that blacks are generally violent criminals. They make up about 13 % of the population, yet the US prisons are 50% full of blacks. Funny how he left that out of his comparison. Its not that people don't want to talk about it, it is that organizations like the NAACP don't want to deal with the negative stereotypes. Because, if you want to compare the number of athletes in basketball and football and make judgements, then you must also agree that blacks are violent, uneducated criminals - see where that leads?Actually the 20/20 kids were spot on in their assumptions of 'nice people'. Seeing as how, on average, there is a much greater chance that each black person they encounter will be a rapist, murderer, or drug dealer, compared to white people that they encounter.

DN failed to mention that blacks are generally violent criminals. They make up about 13 % of the population, yet the US prisons are 50% full of blacks.
This is why discussing race is so difficult. There's always someone with half a clue who's heard some correlation, and feels the need to spout off without really understanding what they're saying.Just because a black person is more likely to be in jail for a crime, doesn't mean they are more likely to committ crimes. Blacks are more likely than whites to go to jail for particular crimes. For example:"The war on drugs in the U.S. is waged overwhelmingly against black Americans. For example, although there are more white drug offenders than black in the United States, blacks constitute 62.7 percent of all drug offenders sent to state prison and black men are sent to prison on drug charges at 13.4 times the rate of white men."from Human Rights Watch at:http://www.hrw.org/campaigns/race/criminal_justice.htmGet a clue. You embarass yourself.

I have heard an argument (Not that I blieve it) that criminal behavior is hereditary and that most of the slaves that were sold to the White spaniards bringing them to the americas were in fact imprisoned criminals. This part at least is mostly true contrary to popular belief that white earopeans hunted and captured Africans, I'm sure that happened, but most slaves were sold prisoners by their country men.Anyway with that being said, whoever siad this (can't remeber) used the same reasoning as the sports genetics that this behavior is hereditary and since most of the original african slaves brought here were criminals that is why black amercians are criminals.The counter point to this arguement is Australia. Australia was a prison colony for the british I believe in the 17th century (could be wrong), so using the previous argumentative basis wouldn't that mean the majority of Australians are criminals. Maybe Tony G proves this theory :club: No wait he is just an arrogant ***.So people can make uneducated and educated arguements that are have a faulty premises, does not mean they are racist.

Its a simple matter of evolutionary change discussed by Darwin in his ascent of man thesis. The many generations of Africans weeded out the slow runners. If you cant outrun a tiger you were a meal. Eventually only the swift were left to breed and multiply. Please dont attempt to run this one past your politically correct professors.

Its a simple matter of evolutionary change discussed by Darwin in his ascent of man thesis. The many generations of Africans weeded out the slow runners. If you cant outrun a tiger you were a meal. Eventually only the swift were left to breed and multiply. Please dont attempt to run this one past your politically correct professors.
BINGO. This a very crude way of saying it, but black people are better at sports because, basically, Tigers and cheetahs are faster than polar bears.I started a thread in the sports section and said this same thing and got "laughed at" by people, and the thread eventually got locked. Daniel was right on the money by saying this is taboo; we cant even discuss it in his own forum.BTW, guapo, pretty much everything is hereditary.
  • 2 weeks later...
If you go so far as to say that; european whites were naturally selected for upper body strength, maybe so bold as to say swords and armor helped determine natural selection from the brink of white civilization.
African tribes (if you could call them that) also clashed. Your claim is such a stretch.
My claim is supported by record holding of upper body strength and throwing etc.Black people are typically the fastest, most agile, leapersWhite people are typically the stockier, upperbody built, throwersNot to be stereotypical, but why are there so many black recievers, and white quarterbacks; obviously there are exceptions, but you've got to take it in your head.Also, there are typically more black NBA stars (basketball, running, jumping, agility) and white MLB stars (baseball, upper body, throwing, swinging)
BINGO. This a very crude way of saying it, but black people are better at sports because, basically, Tigers and cheetahs are faster than polar bears.
As a representative of the entire Eskimo race I find offense to this. And if I could catch you I would smear you in whale blubber if I could set down my whiskey glass long enough
  • 3 weeks later...
My claim is supported by record holding of upper body strength and throwing etc.Black people are typically the fastest, most agile, leapersWhite people are typically the stockier, upperbody built, throwersNot to be stereotypical, but why are there so many black recievers, and white quarterbacks; obviously there are exceptions, but you've got to take it in your head.
Show me some conclusive scientific evidence that whites have a phenotypic advantage in upper body strength.