• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if Mike is out of Jail, how he is doing and if he is back to playing poker?....
I think he'll be out in less than a month. The issue of him going back to being a full time pro is a good one as he needs a fulltime gig and show proof of that or else its back to jail. The judge he drew on his case is tough and not very forgiving. I'd like to hear what Daniel has to say about it if he feels comfortable, or if Mike himself feels comfortable talking about it. I just hope Mike will be able to successfully battle against addiction and come out in good shape. Remember people addiction is very poowerful and its hard to sit there and judge without understanding what it does
Does anyone know if Mike is out of Jail' date=' how he is doing and if he is back to playing poker?....[/quote']I think he'll be out in less than a month. The issue of him going back to being a full time pro is a good one as he needs a fulltime gig and show proof of that or else its back to jail. The judge he drew on his case is tough and not very forgiving. I'd like to hear what Daniel has to say about it if he feels comfortable, or if Mike himself feels comfortable talking about it. I just hope Mike will be able to successfully battle against addiction and come out in good shape. Remember people addiction is very poowerful and its hard to sit there and judge without understanding what it does[/quotYou mean the addiction of giving coke to undercover cops? Did I miss something, isn't that what he's in for?
You mean the addiction of giving coke to undercover cops? Did I miss something, isn't that what he's in for?
like I said addiction can make you do irrational things

Like who cares about Mike anyway---just another big mouth brat. Keep him in jail---maybe he'll learn to keep his mouth shut---or open. "he may have the biggest balls in the world" per say, but i bet he learned the true meaning of "all in" hahahnever dealt with addiction evidently?

whatever man. he knew what he was getting into.i'm just saying i bet he's experienced things he thought never existed in there and he's just lucky he's not in their longer b/c he copped out on friends and ratted them out to get 5 of the 6 charges dropped.i wish the guy the best in his recovery, but he didn't get what he deserved..he should've got more.

whatever man. he knew what he was getting into.i'm just saying i bet he's experienced things he thought never existed in there and he's just lucky he's not in their longer b/c he copped out on friends and ratted them out to get 5 of the 6 charges dropped.i wish the guy the best in his recovery, but he didn't get what he deserved..he should've got more.
he didn't cop out on any friends, that's why he's in in the first place. Someone HE KNEW copped out on himwhich is how the undercover found him. He didn't even get the undercover much, he thought he was hooking up a friend with a small bag. Its ignorance like yours that makes me really mad. Should he have done it, no. Would he if he didn't have an addiction problem, probably not. He made a mistake. This country has a very draconian outlook towards Addicts and its ignorance towards the disease that keeps it like that. He belongs in treatment, not behind bars. Its rather ridiculous that he could've gotten pissass drunk and have gotten behind the wheel, get caught, and only get off with a DL suspension or beaten someone up real bad and only get off with probation. You tell me what is worse, what he did, or the things I mentioned

Not sure when it took place, but I saw Mike in the crowd of the Borgata open that was aired last Wednesday on the Travel Channel (the same tournament that Daniel won). He was in the crowd, behind David Williams, in the vicinity of Doyle Brunson and Lee Watkinson. Not sure how the timing of the tournament corresponds to when he was in jail, though.

so if i'm addicted to sex and continuously rape random woman i don't deserve to be behind bars, i deserve to be in rehab?NO! exactly. Laws are there for reasons, and he knew this before he did it.Oh he's a serial killer. He just has an addiction problem, lets send him to the psych ward for help. give your head a shake. Because of people like him other things such as robberies, and murders happen. It's a chain reaction and he's part of the situation.and if he got 5 of his 6 things dropped, he copped out on someone. Use your head buddy.

he didn't cop out on any friends, that's why he's in in the first place. Someone HE KNEW copped out on himwhich is how the undercover found him. He didn't even get the undercover much, he thought he was hooking up a friend with a small bag. Its ignorance like yours that makes me really mad. Should he have done it, no. Would he if he didn't have an addiction problem, probably not. He made a mistake. This country has a very draconian outlook towards Addicts and its ignorance towards the disease that keeps it like that. He belongs in treatment, not behind bars. Its rather ridiculous that he could've gotten pissass drunk and have gotten behind the wheel, get caught, and only get off with a DL suspension or beaten someone up real bad and only get off with probation. You tell me what is worse, what he did, or the things I mentioned
Agree 99% with what you wrote. Except for this part "beaten someone up real bad and only get off with probation." That is the part that I don't think belongs in there becauseI know 3 of my "friends" are looking at 3 years minimum right now for doing that. Other than that though exactly what I wanted to write.
so if i'm addicted to sex and continuously rape random woman i don't deserve to be behind bars, i deserve to be in rehab?NO! exactly. Laws are there for reasons, and he knew this before he did it.Oh he's a serial killer. He just has an addiction problem, lets send him to the psych ward for help. give your head a shake. Because of people like him other things such as robberies, and murders happen. It's a chain reaction and he's part of the situation.and if he got 5 of his 6 things dropped, he copped out on someone. Use your head buddy.
or his Lawyer was on a $30,000 retainer, these things help. I am using my head, trust me when I say I know much more about this type of thing then you(gonna leave it at that). Your argument is flawed
Agree 99% with what you wrote. Except for this part "beaten someone up real bad and only get off with probation." That is the part that I don't think belongs in there becauseI know 3 of my "friends" are looking at 3 years minimum right now for doing that. Other than that though exactly what I wanted to write.
it varies from state to state. I know in Jersey it depends on on the severity of the assualt
it varies from state to state. I know in Jersey it depends on on the severity of the assualt
true, I think ND is more laid back than even MN because when I got my assault charge when I was 17 I had to pay restitution on the hospital bill and go to Lutheran Social Services for like an hour.

Anyway, I'm pulling for Mike. He is a great poker player, and it's too bad he had to get mixed up in stuff like that. I'm sure everyone here supports Mike in his recovery, though. btw, Mike, don't drop the soap. 8)

what the hell are you all talking about? As far as I understood it, he wasnt doing drugs, he was getting drugs for someone who he thought was a friend of his and got busted. Where the **** do you all get these ideas from? Mike was setup so that he would rat out supposed "Big time" drug dealers that he knew. Mike, as far as I know, is not a drug user AND he didnt rat anyone out which is why he was put in prison for so long.

No, this guy is right. The other things mentioned are actualy VIOLENT crimes that harm OTHER PEOPLE. Drugs are a choice that only harms yourself, in my opinion. Selling I suppose is a bit of a different issue, but from what I understand he was buying not selling. Addiction is a disease. It's been proven that treatment has a better success rate than jail time. Jail just makes you bitter towards the law, more than anything. I would put money on the theory that repeat offenders increase when jail time is used versus treatment. Isn't the point of jail to make people not do what they did?This thread just points out the closed-mindedness of the general public. Drug laws and mandatory minimums are the reason jails and prisons are over crowded, causing increased taxes, etc.

Man I usually stay away from these lame flame threads, but some of you really have no right to go off on Matusow like this.whatever man. he knew what he was getting into. i'm just saying i bet he's experienced things he thought never existed in there and he's just lucky he's not in their longer b/c he copped out on friends and ratted them out to get 5 of the 6 charges dropped. i wish the guy the best in his recovery, but he didn't get what he deserved..he should've got more.did you just make this up?the whole reason he is doing time is "the mouth" actually kept it shut and didnt rat on anyone.he could have walked.plus, we are in no place to judge anyone's personal problems on here.

Like who cares about Mike anyway---just another big mouth brat. Keep him in jail---maybe he'll learn to keep his mouth shut---or open. "he may have the biggest balls in the world" per say, but i bet he learned the true meaning of "all in" hahahnever dealt with addiction evidently?
it's not an addiction. apparently.. he got involved with some people he shouldn't have gotten involved with and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. apparently.